Asteroid 2004 MN4 would collide 1-in-60 chance with Earth. Impact date: April 13, 2029.

If it wiped out Texas would it be that much of a loss? Would anyone miss it?

I was thinking DC or California myself.
The only loss in DC would be the monuments dems want to destroy anyway.
Maybe we could get very lucky and it breaks up into three pieces and took out LA,NY and DC.

It could split and take out Kalifornia and New York that would truly save the United States.
One you unoriginal dumbasses already said that.

So the old adage is true.....
Great minds think alike.
With any luck you live in one of those places.
Brainwashed minds think alike as well, it's what makes brainwashing so useful to cults.
Hahahahahahahaha a Dim cult member lecturing us about cults.
It's more mockery. Lectures are for people you care about.

I was thinking DC or California myself.
The only loss in DC would be the monuments dems want to destroy anyway.
Maybe we could get very lucky and it breaks up into three pieces and took out LA,NY and DC.

It could split and take out Kalifornia and New York that would truly save the United States.
One you unoriginal dumbasses already said that.

So the old adage is true.....
Great minds think alike.
With any luck you live in one of those places.
Brainwashed minds think alike as well, it's what makes brainwashing so useful to cults.
Hahahahahahahaha a Dim cult member lecturing us about cults.
It's more mockery. Lectures are for people you care about.
Mockery is for jealous loons......that fits.

The asteroid is about 320 meters wide. "That's big enough to punch through Earth's atmosphere," devastating a region the size of, say, Texas, if it hit land, or causing widespread tsunamis if it hit ocean, says Chodas.
NASA's Near Earth Object Program office calculated a 1-in-60 chance that 2004 MN4 would collide with Earth.

Asteroid 2004 MN4 had been discovered in June 2004, lost, then discovered again six months later. With such sparse tracking data it was difficult to say, precisely, where the asteroid would go. A collision with Earth was theoretically possible. "We weren't too worried," Chodas says, "but the odds were disturbing."

View attachment 455140

Friday the 13th, 2029 | Science Mission Directorate
I can only hope it lands on NYC

IF you keep reading, you find that it's going to miss. And researching a little more, it will pass by on April 13 2029 at about 32,200 km, +/- 700 km. That's lower than the orbits of geostationary satellites, close enough that earth's gravity will bend the asteroid's orbit significantly.

The orbit after that? No close calls until at least 2068. Predicting that far out gets fuzzy, since the new orbit will depend on exactly how close it passes by earth in 2029, and there's a bit of uncertainty there.
Apophis the other name of 2004 MN4 will come back after 2029 in 2036 but will have less chance of hitting the earth.

NASA Rules Out Earth Impact in 2036 for Asteroid Apophis

Forum List

Back