As New York Posts Highest One-Day Death Toll, Cuomo Says No Victim Died ‘Because We Couldn’t Provide Care’

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Who thought that it was otherwise? Well, if anyone had listened to the daily Cuomo or de Blasio briefings the past two weeks or so you would have thought the opposite.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday that no victim of the coronavirus has died because the state could not provide health care for them, even as New York posted its highest number of deaths in one day.

“You can’t save everyone. This virus is very good at what it does, and it kills vulnerable people,” Cuomo said at his daily briefing providing updates on the outbreak. “The question is, are you saving everyone you can save? And there the answer is yes, and I take some solace in that fact.”

“Our health care system is operating. I don’t believe we’ve lost a single person because we couldn’t provide care,” the Democratic governor continued. “People we lost we couldn’t save despite our best efforts.”

...​

Who thought that it was otherwise? Well, if anyone had listened to the daily Cuomo or de Blasio briefings the past two weeks or so you would have thought the opposite.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday that no victim of the coronavirus has died because the state could not provide health care for them, even as New York posted its highest number of deaths in one day.

“You can’t save everyone. This virus is very good at what it does, and it kills vulnerable people,” Cuomo said at his daily briefing providing updates on the outbreak. “The question is, are you saving everyone you can save? And there the answer is yes, and I take some solace in that fact.”

“Our health care system is operating. I don’t believe we’ve lost a single person because we couldn’t provide care,” the Democratic governor continued. “People we lost we couldn’t save despite our best efforts.”

Well that depends on how you look at it. They actually told people to go to work don't worry. The governor had to shut down the schools. They started out behind the eight ball because they decided not to buy the ventilatortors they knew they needed.
So one could claim that they had more victims because of bad decisions.

Well that depends on how you look at it. They actually told people to go to work don't worry. The governor had to shut down the schools. They started out behind the eight ball because they decided not to buy the ventilatortors they knew they needed.

They actually told people to go to work don't worry.

That was asswipePINO moving ahead with the Putin annihilation of western culture.

Well, that's actually the best measure of how they are doing.

I find it irritating when people criticize "leaders" for not knowing on Day 1 what NOBODY knew until day 14. NOBODY (but professional cranks) had any idea how this thing was going to play out in January, so to criticize "leaders" for giving out advice that was reasonable AT THE TIME in the early days of this pandemic is what they call in football, a "cheap shot" that says more about the critic than the object of the criticism.

That was asswipePINO moving ahead with the Putin annihilation of western culture.
I wouldn't be in such a hurry to call the mayor of New York an asswipe but if you feel that way about him that's up to you

I find it irritating when people criticize "leaders" for not knowing on Day 1 what NOBODY knew until day 14. NOBODY (but professional cranks) had any idea how this thing was going to play out in January, so to criticize "leaders" for giving out advice that was reasonable AT THE TIME in the early days of this pandemic is what they call in football, a "cheap shot" that says more about the critic than the object of the criticism.

Except for the four bipartisan MOC's that attended a virus update then placed sell orders on their stock.

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to call the mayor of New York an asswipe but if you feel that way about him that's up to you

I didn't, skank.

I didn't, skank.
Love how the undereducated always pretend that they are so smart until they start talking or typing.

And of course there is never a shortage of predictions made in the early goings, so it's easy to go back and grab one that was close to being right, hold it up and screech that <fill in the blank with your favorite political punching bag> should have known better and failed because he/she didn't take this warning seriously, despite the fact that there were a plethora of statements made about the subject, most of which did not agree.

Forum List

Back