As it turns out, I am a genius

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
New research shows that people who curse a lot, have a larger vocabulary and higher intelligence than people who do not swear.

If you use a language full of profanity, then you are the one who has the last laugh.

Because new American research actually shows that a vast and colorful arsenal of profanity is a sign of intelligence, comprehension and a well-developed vocabulary. Exactly the opposite of what your mother probably told you.

The two researchers behind the study, psychologist Kristin L. Jay at the Marist College, and Timothy B. Jay at the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, have studied 60 people with various backgrounds, and the conclusion is clear:
People who use a lot of profanity and insults, generally have a much larger and more developed vocabulary, which is also a sign of high intelligence.

The exception, however, is sexually derogatory language about fellow human beings - especially women. This, the researchers say, is not a sign of genius, but rather the opposite.

Not only had the cursing test persons a more developed language, they were also far better to vary the language depending on who they talked to, and they showed a greater understanding of linguistic interaction with the environment.

So the more you swear, the smarter you are, and you are also much better to talk to all kinds of people...

Profanity is a sign of intelligence

:)

New research shows that people who curse a lot, have a larger vocabulary and higher intelligence than people who do not swear.

If you use a language full of profanity, then you are the one who has the last laugh.

Because new American research actually shows that a vast and colorful arsenal of profanity is a sign of intelligence, comprehension and a well-developed vocabulary. Exactly the opposite of what your mother probably told you.

The two researchers behind the study, psychologist Kristin L. Jay at the Marist College, and Timothy B. Jay at the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, have studied 60 people with various backgrounds, and the conclusion is clear:
People who use a lot of profanity and insults, generally have a much larger and more developed vocabulary, which is also a sign of high intelligence.

The exception, however, is sexually derogatory language about fellow human beings - especially women. This, the researchers say, is not a sign of genius, but rather the opposite.

Not only had the cursing test persons a more developed language, they were also far better to vary the language depending on who they talked to, and they showed a greater understanding of linguistic interaction with the environment.

So the more you swear, the smarter you are, and you are also much better to talk to all kinds of people...

Well I'll be doggone!

Even a common prude knows that vast and colorful arsenals of words mean you have a good vocabulary...

• Banned
Don't make me go vocal on you.....

upload_2016-6-23_14-33-58.png

You're calling me out. Ok, meet me down by the 4 hitch post past the old Lawton place at 4. Be there!

Wow...Is there anything that they won't put out there?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. One way or another, it doesn't encourage me to cross over in any way. I've never been this kind of follower and I never will.

Thanks Holly, but since you din't cuss, you must not be as smart as me.

Tell me something f@#$ing new.

You're smart, you're not like, dumb.

MIKETX,

Here are a few simple questions you may ask yourself to generally test your intelligence:

How well do you prepare yourself?

Do you ever get lost?

When you see or hear a word that you don't fully understand it's meaning...do you look it up?

Do you trust any source without checking it's validity?

Do you believe what your friends or relatives tell you is factual?

Do others frequently ask your opinion?

If you seriously want to know how you stack up compared to others in intelligence you can take supervised tests.

Self testing your I Q is generally bogus.

Forum List

Back