As dumb as it sounds is it time for Political Affiliation to become a protected class?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
We have so many protected classes that are minuscule by comparison. Then we have hate crime laws which persecute thought.
In today's climate conservatives are inundated with assault & discrimination. From being assaulted for wearing a Trump hat or having a MAGA bumpersticker to being silenced across social media.

Every damn possible group out there has their metoo movement or laws to protect them from perceived discrimination or mistreatment so why not laws to protect political ideology?

We have so many protected classes that are minuscule by comparison. Then we have hate crime laws which persecute thought.
In today's climate conservatives are inundated with assault & discrimination. From being assaulted for wearing a Trump hat or having a MAGA bumpersticker to being silenced across social media.

Every damn possible group out there has their metoo movement or laws to protect them from perceived discrimination or mistreatment so why not laws to protect political ideology?

Only way for it to work is either everyone is a protected class, or we get rid of the concept entirely.

Only way for it to work is either everyone is a protected class, or we get rid of the concept entirely.

The basic concept is unconstitutional. You cannot give some classes more protection and still have equal protection for all.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yes! More legislation! More "protection" from a govt that should be completely impartial to begin with!
Govt IS the answer!

What a shock that a fake conservative is on board with this

• Banned

I would agree with the latter part as I've always said let the market decide BUT...

Some of these companies are so damn big that even when the market decides the impact is hardly felt or reflected in any meaningful changes. Just look at Facebook. Their stock lost billions after the shit hit the fan yet they remain entrenched in subverting real free expression

The basic concept is unconstitutional. You cannot give some classes more protection and still have equal protection for all.

It all depends on your view of equal being absolute or not.

Need a safe place shirley?

Why shouldn't I have one? Is it only the wackadoodle left that gets the concessions? Why is it if I put on a dress and play leftist you morons would defend my every thought but if I put on a baseball hat and Express my conservative values I'm targeted and marginalized?

Why shouldn't I have one? Is it only the wackadoodle left that gets the concessions? Why is it if I put on a dress and play leftist you morons would defend my every thought but if I put on a baseball hat and Express my conservative values I'm targeted and marginalized?

There are lots of safe spaces for you, why do you need to government to force more places to be safe for you?

Is there anything you do not think bigger government is the solution to?

The left will never allow it. They already have all the protected classes; and can get white nationalists fired with impunity. It’s all loss, and no gain for them to give equal “protection” to their opposition groups. As others have pointed out; having protected groups to begin with is an affront to “equality”. If all political affiliations were protected; we’d be right back where we started. Equal under the law. The left couldn’t survive such an environment...

Sounds like you need one. You marginalized yourself.

Because they're stupid, Unamerican laws to start with. Buying into them further is not a solution. As a conservative, I do not fear the free speech of others, and ask only that the government provide me the same protection of life, liberty, and property it is obligated to provide everyone. I have no need for it to attempt to "protect" me by forcing others to pretend things they don't actually believe.

I would agree with the latter part as I've always said let the market decide BUT...

Some of these companies are so damn big that even when the market decides the impact is hardly felt or reflected in any meaningful changes. Just look at Facebook. Their stock lost billions after the shit hit the fan yet they remain entrenched in subverting real free expression

It takes time for the free market to work, but it ultimately works far better than anything else.

It would help tremendously if conservatives, and those who simply disapprove of the actions of companies like Facebook in general, would make a point of standing up firmly against such censorship, rather than just going along and ignoring it because it's too much trouble. We need to make our protests known, withdraw our support and usage if necessary, and sue or support lawsuits where they are legally appropriate. We should also demand that a viable alternative be created (demand from the private sector, as in "economic supply and demand", NOT insist that the government create it, God help us) and immediately decamp to it as soon as possible.

I wear a baseball cap just about every day, bitch. I actually play the game too. You need new weird stereotypes.

You don't like the latest SCOTUS decision that allows businesses to refuse service based on religious/moral grounds?

Everyone is.

Forum List

Back