Article in "The Scientist" magazine: Opinion: Another Species of Hominin May Still Be Alive

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
1650413197665.png

The first paragraph of this opinion piece (because science is opinion, now):

In 2004, the scientific world was shaken by the discovery of fossils from a tiny species of hominin on the Indonesian island of Flores. Labeled Homo floresiensis and dating to the late Pleistocene, the species was apparently a contemporary of early modern humans in this part of Southeast Asia. Yet in certain respects the diminutive hominin resembled australopithecines and even chimpanzees. Twenty years previously, when I began ethnographic fieldwork on Flores, I heard tales of humanlike creatures, some still reputedly alive although very rarely seen. In the words of the H. floresiensis discovery teamā€™s leader, the late Mike Morwood, last at the University of Wollongong in Australia, descriptions of these hominoids ā€œfitted floresiensis to a T.ā€ Not least because the newly described fossil species was assumed to be extinct, I began looking for ways this remarkable resemblance might be explained. The result is a book, Between Ape and Human, available in May 2022.

So, he began looking for ways to explain what, exactly? That there was a "remarkable resemblance" to fossils of a supposed new species, and the "tales" he heard of humanlike creatures.

He's writing a book about this supposed "hominin species," and how it may have survived long enough to be remembered by contemporary humans, and may even still live to this day! The Article is for the purposes of plugging the book. He goes on:

Unlike other books concerned with hominin evolution, the focus of my book is not on fossils but on a local human population called the Lio and what these people say about an animal (as they describe it) that is remarkably like a human but is not humanā€”something I can only call an ape-man.

If you Darwiniacs rush out and buy this book, P.T. Barnum will have been proven right about the birthrate of the credulous.

From the same paragraph:

My aim in writing the book was to find the best explanationā€”that is, the most rational and empirically best supportedā€”of Lio accounts of the creatures. These include reports of sightings by more than 30 eyewitnesses, all of whom I spoke with directly. And I conclude that the best way to explain what they told me is that a non-sapiens hominin has survived on Flores to the present or very recent times.

I have to wonder whether this guy is pulling the legs of Darwidiots, or if he is yet another Darwidiot who had his leg pulled by the "primitive" people he talked down to. People pretending to be primitive to prank or get gifts from anthropologists is an old story, and this may be the latest chapter.

View attachment 633131

In 2004, the scientific world was shaken by the discovery of fossils from a tiny species of hominin on the Indonesian island of Flores. Labeled Homo floresiensis and dating to the late Pleistocene, the species was apparently a contemporary of early modern humans in this part of Southeast Asia. Yet in certain respects the diminutive hominin resembled australopithecines and even chimpanzees. Twenty years previously, when I began ethnographic fieldwork on Flores, I heard tales of humanlike creatures, some still reputedly alive although very rarely seen. In the words of the H. floresiensis discovery teamā€™s leader, the late Mike Morwood, last at the University of Wollongong in Australia, descriptions of these hominoids ā€œfitted floresiensis to a T.ā€ Not least because the newly described fossil species was assumed to be extinct, I began looking for ways this remarkable resemblance might be explained. The result is a book, Between Ape and Human, available in May 2022.

So, he began looking for ways to explain what, exactly? That there was a "remarkable resemblance" to fossils of a supposed new species, and the "tales" he heard of humanlike creatures.

He's writing a book about this supposed "hominin species," and how it may have survived long enough to be remembered by contemporary humans, and may even still live to this day! The Article is for the purposes of plugging the book. He goes on:

Unlike other books concerned with hominin evolution, the focus of my book is not on fossils but on a local human population called the Lio and what these people say about an animal (as they describe it) that is remarkably like a human but is not humanā€”something I can only call an ape-man.

If you Darwiniacs rush out and buy this book, P.T. Barnum will have been proven right about the birthrate of the credulous.

From the same paragraph:

My aim in writing the book was to find the best explanationā€”that is, the most rational and empirically best supportedā€”of Lio accounts of the creatures. These include reports of sightings by more than 30 eyewitnesses, all of whom I spoke with directly. And I conclude that the best way to explain what they told me is that a non-sapiens hominin has survived on Flores to the present or very recent times.

I have to wonder whether this guy is pulling the legs of Darwidiots, or if he is yet another Darwidiot who had his leg pulled by the "primitive" people he talked down to. People pretending to be primitive to prank or get gifts from anthropologists is an old story, and this may be the latest chapter.
This came up at your ID'iot creationer Flat Earth Society meeting?

View attachment 633131

From the same paragraph:

You forgot to make any points. Because you can't make any, regarding evolution. Because you know less than nothing about evolution.

View attachment 633131

From the same paragraph:

Homo libtardius ? Not quite human, it not quite monkey?

Oh.....I have no doubt in my mind that there are another species of hominin walking around the earth.....

They have a bit of hominin and another bit of neanderthal in them.

They are called liberals.:04:

Hominin, hominin, hominin!šŸ˜‚
Ok i laughed

View attachment 633131

From the same paragraph:

They've just retreated to Khazad-dum until the next age

View attachment 633131

From the same paragraph:

I was hoping this was going to be a "Bigfoot" thread when I saw the title.:rolleyes:

You forgot to make any points.
I made a point, but you may not be literate enough to have gotten it. The part about P.T. Barnum referred to his quote, "there's a sucker born every minute."

Since being on this forum, I have observed that the Darwinists' methods of persuasion consists of a four-part strategy, no doubt "evolved," over time:

1) Teach Darwinism as fact in public schools, while kids are too young for much critical thinking.

2) Use the courts to ban any suggestion of critical thinking among older students who manage to develop that capacity in spite of the public schools.

3) Present any new idea -no matter how obviously absurd - about how humans evolved from other animals, as "evidence," of Darwinism.

4) Personally attack anyone who points out any of the above.

If you have a point, such as that you believe that the writer of the article in the OP is correct, please make it.

made a point, but you may not be literate enough to have gotten it. The part about P.T. Barnum referred to his quote, "there's a sucker born every minute."
That isn't a point. That is an authoritative declaration with no deference to any evidence or argument. You are a simpleton whose mind has been turned to tapioca by a lifetime of being surrounded by magical thinkers , liars, freaks, and charlatans.
. This resulted in a grown man thinking he made a point by regurgitating a tired cliche.

You are embarrassing yourself.

That isn't a point. That is an authoritative declaration with no deference to any evidence or argument. You are a simpleton whose mind has been turned to tapioca by a lifetime of being surrounded by magical thinkers , liars, freaks, and charlatans.
. This resulted in a grown man thinking he made a point by regurgitating a tired cliche.

You are embarrassing yourself.
Thank you for proving # 4).

I assume you share the writer's opinion about the ape-men?

Thank you for proving # 4).

I assume you share the writer's opinion about the ape-men?
Ah yes, the uneducated slob's usual declaration of victory in the science section.

Every time.

Yet you 8 star generals can't seem to pass a 7th grade science quiz.

Weird.

I find it extremely unlikely an unknown hominin species still exists.

Ah yes, the uneducated slob's usual declaration of victory in the science section.

Every time.

Yet you 8 star generals can't seem to pass a 7th grade science quiz.

Weird.

I find it extremely unlikely an unknown hominin species still exists.
So is the author lying or gullible?

There is no question that different human species coexisted as late as 100,000 years ago. Whether they continued into modern times or simply melted away is an open question. In the case of the Flores people, I wonder if they are connected to the Menehune legends of Hawaii?

View attachment 633131

From the same paragraph:

Seems like every culture has their abominable snowman. Just more maybe's and hopefuls for evolutionists trying to hope they are right. They aren't.

Forum List

Back