Art & Illustration of all types

Fiber art, quilting, and lately, with trees and leaves.

1664384938694.png
1664384806227.png
1664384473250.png

Seattle's Mark Tobey got pretty well known and one of the styles he used, he called "white writing". Can't say I loved his work. I didn't hate it.
View attachment 702672
1664385679838.png

I wonder if that's the same Mr. Tobey that I took art classes in--one in sculpture, the other in pottery-making and ceramics. One class was at Casper College in Wyoming, and the other was at Linn Benton Community College six or seven years later, Albany Oregon. By some strange reason, Mr. Tobey got another job in Oregon a year or two before my husband got a transfer from Casper to Oregon. I thought it was coincidence. The above work is fascinating and I see quizzical stick people enjoying the dance of life. The combination of cool and warm neutrals adds a distinct dimension to the work, imho. Whoa!

View attachment 702692

I wonder if that's the same Mr. Tobey that I took art classes in--one in sculpture, the other in pottery-making and ceramics. One class was at Casper College in Wyoming, and the other was at Linn Benton Community College six or seven years later, Albany Oregon. By some strange reason, Mr. Tobey got another job in Oregon a year or two before my husband got a transfer from Casper to Oregon. I thought it was coincidence. The above work is fascinating and I see quizzical stick people enjoying the dance of life. The combination of cool and warm neutrals adds a distinct dimension to the work, imho. Whoa!
1664387187693.png

It's hard to say. He died in Switzerland in 1976. Does he look familiar?

The only teaching I am reading about him doing is at the Cornish School in Seattle. I don't read about him doing any sculpting or ceramics.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back