Army Chooses Sig Sauer P320 As Next Service Pistol

My husband blew 50 rounds through our S&W Shield .40 he said it shoots like a dream. He's even backed off on his idea of getting an automatic assault rifle, says shooting the 40 works juuuust fine.

Caliber hasn't been picked yet but it will almost certainly be another piddly 9mm to keep the girls happy. So why not stick with what we have? The Beretta 9mm is fine if you like a 9.

As someone who has shot and worked competitive "combat/action shooting" matches for almost 20 years, I'd say the difference is significant.

The two manufacturers built decidedly different guns, and having shot both, I definitely prefer the Sugar Sauer product. As a range officer like, I have to say I far prefer seeing a shooter with a Significant over the Beretta products.... far fewer malfunctions and issues with the Signal products in my experience.

As for the 9mm caliber...... talk to your allies in Western Europe. They're the ones who've chosen that caliber over the former American standard - .45ACP. Gotta keep NATO happy, you know.

Caliber hasn't been picked yet but it will almost certainly be another piddly 9mm to keep the girls happy. So why not stick with what we have? The Beretta 9mm is fine if you like a 9.

As someone who has shot and worked competitive "combat/action shooting" matches for almost 20 years, I'd say the difference is significant.

The two manufacturers built decidedly different guns, and having shot both, I definitely prefer the Sugar Sauer product. As a range officer like, I have to say I far prefer seeing a shooter with a Significant over the Beretta products.... far fewer malfunctions and issues with the Signal products in my experience.

As for the 9mm caliber...... talk to your allies in Western Europe. They're the ones who've chosen that caliber over the former American standard - .45ACP. Gotta keep NATO happy, you know.
We're doing it because the Euroweenies chose it? That's not a good reason.

Not much of a reason. My wife shoots my .45 with no problem and handles it well like many women do. The idea that the recoil is too much for a woman is a myth.

Then your wife is an amazon. The army found out in vietnam that even small men have a problem with the 45.
The only women I have seen have a problem with a .45 are women with small hands...nothing to do with recoil, the grip is simply too large for their hands.

And having fired both, a 9mm kicks just as hard as a .45ACP, especially on the last shot.

My brother also has a hard time with a 1911, for the same reason. My wife carries a Beretta 92...the only reason she cannot use a 1911 is that the safety is on the wrong side. She has no problem handling a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull, or a .500 S&W.

Forum List

Back