Are they still with us?....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Happened twice now in the past few years. Out of nowhere.
I am standing in the kitchen, cutting green onions to put in potato salad I am making. The Bonz loves my potato salad.
And just like that... powerful, overwhelming feeling of my Dad.
Sledgehammer to the fucking chest. 5 seconds ago, I am cutting this onion... thinking about the lamb chops... and just like that I put the knife down and stand there looking out the window unable to stop the emotions.

Where does this come from?
Dammit.

I am standing in the kitchen, cutting green onions to put in potato salad I am making. The Bonz loves my potato salad.
Sledgehammer to the fucking chest. 5 seconds ago, I am cutting this onion... thinking about the lamb chops... and just like that I put the knife down and stand there looking out the window unable to stop the emotions.

Dammit.
Thank you for your post. Yep, our loved ones, if our love for them was strong, and if we have fond memories OF that loved one, will sometimes come back to us, maybe not in a physical sense or as an apparition, but as a feeling of "someone there", or a scent of that person's being. I've felt someone watching over me a few times since my mother passed in October of 2013. She, of course, wasn't there in a physical sense, but in MY soul and in my lifeblood. I believe it comes from within YOU, and your memories of that loved one. I hope this explanation helps. I have NO idea whether my theory is true or not, but it FEELS right. Sometimes love DOES transcend the passing of someone.

I usually call myself cutting onions at the least little thing- I can be emotional- don't mistake it as a sign of weakness-
It's a sign of strength, inner strength. That is, you're strong enough to not be afraid to show your emotional side. I've felt since I became old enough to think for myself that the strongest men are the ones who cry in public. The strongest, most sympathetic and most empathetic. We need more men like this (like you and I) in our world today.

That happens to me fairly often. For example, I'm doing something like making a batch of cookies or pulling weeds in the garden and I think of my mom or I climb a ladder or feel amused by something and remember that my dad would have thought that was funny too. I don't feel a presence. It's mostly just being reminded of someone you love who is now gone.

Whenever that happens, I say a prayer. Eternal rest grant onto them O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. They are still with us. I'm a Catholic. We believe that we still have a connection to our loved ones after they die.

That happens to me fairly often. For example, I'm doing something like making a batch of cookies or pulling weeds in the garden and I think of my mom or I climb a ladder or feel amused by something and remember that my dad would have thought that was funny too. I don't feel a presence. It's mostly just being reminded of someone you love who is now gone.

Whenever that happens, I say a prayer. Eternal rest grant onto them O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. They are still with us. I'm a Catholic. We believe that we still have a connection to our loved ones after they die.
I'm not Catholic, but I also believe these feelings are a sign of God's work. The ability to feel, love, and care so strongly about a deceased loved one, that you're able to trigger experiences like this. It's another sign of God's presence in our lives.

All of my immediate family is dead. Mother, father and both siblings. They leave holes in your life that never get filled. I'm not even that old but I have stood at far too many deathbeds.

It's a sign of strength, inner strength. That is, you're strong enough to not be afraid to show your emotional side. I've felt since I became old enough to think for myself that the strongest men are the ones who cry in public. The strongest, most sympathetic and most empathetic. We need more men like this (like you and I) in our world today.
Thank you!

Thank you!
You're QUITE welcome.

Dammit.
According to quantum mechanics, nothing can be wholly singular, thus you can't have a singular existence,
Either several lives or some form of afterlife or perhaps a bit of both.

Dammit.
According to quantum mechanics, nothing can be wholly singular, thus you can't have a singular existence,
Either several lives or some form of afterlife or perhaps a bit of both.
?????????????????????????

Dammit.
Kitchen gnomes.

Forum List

Back