Are the 10 to 60 thousand people trapped behind Taliban roadblocks "hostages" ?

FreeThink

Rookie
Jul 16, 2021
Biden mentioned 60,000 people, but I think he was referring to translaters and their families. Elsewhere, I have read the estimate of 10,000 Americans. These are people who worked in NGOs, food aid workers, contractors, etc. There were also teachers and educators helping with schools. There were legal advisors who now won't be needed. I would be interested if anyone could tell us who these 10,000 people actually are. No one knows a precise number.

The Taliban have hit the social media circuit, announcing this and that about women. Yet when the fighters advanced through Kandahar, one Westernized woman had her hair burned and she was murdered. Three daughters were taken as war brides in forced marriages by these religious fighters. Whatever happens in the future, if they want to come home, that is a problem.

The Taliban have circled the Karzai airport. There are roadblocks with armed Taliban fighters everywhere. Germany cannot get to people in Masar-Sherif in the north. Britain sent military teams into the country to get their people. Biden guessed that he could not do that.

Biden mentioned 60,000 people, but I think he was referring to translaters and their families. Elsewhere, I have read the estimate of 10,000 Americans. These are people who worked in NGOs, food aid workers, contractors, etc. There were also teachers and educators helping with schools. There were legal advisors who now won't be needed. I would be interested if anyone could tell us who these 10,000 people actually are. No one knows a precise number.

The Taliban have hit the social media circuit, announcing this and that about women. Yet when the fighters advanced through Kandahar, one Westernized woman had her hair burned and she was murdered. Three daughters were taken as war brides in forced marriages by these religious fighters. Whatever happens in the future, if they want to come home, that is a problem.

The Taliban have circled the Karzai airport. There are roadblocks with armed Taliban fighters everywhere. Germany cannot get to people in Masar-Sherif in the north. Britain sent military teams into the country to get their people. Biden guessed that he could not do that.
Sorry to just jump to your last 8-words, but if Biden guessed he "could not do that" then he shouldn't have pulled out the way he did and approached it differently.

There's no justification.

He's meant to have placemen (and women) he trusts that I assume will give him daily briefings, detailed reports to read over and various feedbacks.

If he's not done a risk assessment in regards to the safety (and removal) of his own citizens before making the decisions he has, then he's not fit to flip hamburgers in McDonalds let alone in charge of the USA.

In answer to your OP; YES!!!

Greg

Is it wrong to be looking forward to scumbag lefty ngo phony do gooders with agendas get thier heads sawed off with rusty taliban field knives of justice?

Good luck LGBTQ ngo employees and volunteers

No one is coming to save you
Indeed lol

Is it wrong to be looking forward to scumbag lefty ngo phony do gooders with agendas get thier heads sawed off with rusty taliban field knives of justice?

Good luck LGBTQ ngo employees and volunteers

No one is coming to save you
Indeed lol
I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it.

I'll hate to see it happen to anyone.

HOWEVER, I'll take some sort of reactionary comfort in the fact that some good "might" come from it.

If it makes a handful of stupid lefties think twice and change their outlooks, then whatever poor sap it's happened to won't have died in vein.

Prevention is always better than cure, though. I just wish these arrogant, self-centred, pontificating, leftist lunatics would see that.

I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it.

I'll hate to see it happen to anyone.

HOWEVER, I'll take some sort of reactionary comfort in the fact that some good "might" come from it.

If it makes a handful of stupid lefties think twice and change their outlooks, then whatever poor sap it's happened to won't have died in vein.

Prevention is always better than cure, though. I just wish these arrogant, self-centred, pontificating, leftist lunatics would see that.
Lefty don't care one bit.

If only the Afghans would have offered Hunter a phony position in the Afghan govt. where he gets paid millions a month for doing nothing, (including something for the "big guy") then Biden would not have pulled out. Or maybe they should have at least agreed to buy one of Hunter's amazing paintings which tells the story of how he raped underage Chinese girls and videotaped it regularly, for 10 million.

Last edited:
Lefty don't care one bit.
I just don't understand them.

There's so many aspects of their beliefs that's constantly at war with each other that they refuse to acknowledge.

Pro-feminist, but also pro-trans - both of which are at odds with each other over women's rights.
Pro-Muslim, but also pro-LGBTQ - you've got Muslims who throw gays off of buildings and hang them from lamposts.
Pro-Muslim, but pro woman's rights - In lots of Muslim countries in the world they don't even let women drive cars or vote. If they get raped they've brought shame on the family and stoned to death.
Pro-Palestine, but anti Jewish - hate Nazi's with a passion and call everyone they disagree with a Nazi because it's the worst thing they can think of but have no problems supporting a regime that wants to wipe Israel and Jews off the map.
Anti-capitalist - yet spend hundreds of thousands of dollars (or happy to let their parents do it) putting them through colleges so they can get good jobs and become rich.
Pro-Abortion - yet pretend they are kind and everyone has rights and should be able to live their life - except innocent babies.

Absolute oddities. I genuinely think they are mentally ill.

Last edited:

There's so many aspects of their beliefs that's constantly at war with each other that they refuse to acknowledge.

Pro-feminist, but also pro-trans - both of which are at odds with each other over women's rights.
Pro-Muslim, but also pro-LGBTQ - you've got Muslims who throw gays off of buildings and hang them from lamposts.
Pro-Muslim, but pro woman's rights - In lots of Muslim countries in the world they don't even let women drive cars or vote. If they get raped they've brought shame on the family and stoned to death.
Pro-Palestine, but anti Jewish - hate Nazi's with a passion and call everyone they disagree with a Nazi because it's the worst thing they can think of but have no problems supporting a regime that wants to wipe Israel and Jews off the map.
Anti-capitalist - yet spend hundreds of thousands of dollars (or happy to let their parents do it) putting them through colleges so they can get good jobs and become rich.
Pro-Abortion - yet pretend they are kind and everyone has rights and should be able to live their life - except innocent babies.

Most of them don't realize they are just useful idiots, forwarding the Marxist tactic of division while feeling like they are championing some cause.

Joey Xi should know the number of Americans he's left behind in Afghanistan, but he isn't going to tell us the truth... He never has told the truth.
Like the president he served, Joey Xi in his incompetence has reignited the Middle East in conflict. In addition he's given the Taliban the gift of modern tools of war in helicopters, planes, drones, rockets Humvee's MRAPS, rifles machine guns, artillery and all the necessary ammunition they need. If the Taliban decide to fight the forces Joey Xi has ordered in there now, our troops will be fighting against the armament Joey has given the Taliban to fight with.
Someone also mentioned that Obama abandoned the Kurds. Well Bai Dung abandoned the Afghans that worked with NATO and American troops. Now Britain, France and Germany are also scrambling to get out of town too.
At least they didn't give the Taliban all that equipment...

Last edited:
The Taliban have circled the Karzai airport. There are roadblocks with armed Taliban fighters everywhere.
Trump said the Taliban would stop the terrorists.
CORRECT ?

Trump LIED. For the 10,000th Time.

Yes, they are hostages.
They are only hostages if someone does something to get them back. Otherwise they are simply prisoners. It all depends on what the terrorists want in return. They just got tons of free equipment, money might work, or possibly demands for prisoners held in foreign countries. Hard to say what they might want.

Many of them are. Leftism makes a lot more sense when you understand this

They are only hostages if someone does something to get them back. Otherwise they are simply prisoners. It all depends on what the terrorists want in return. They just got tons of free equipment, money might work, or possibly demands for prisoners held in foreign countries. Hard to say what they might want.
My bad. They're simply prisoners. Holy shit you people are too much. This is what happens when people like you make big decisions. You don't even know how stupid you are.

Compared to the fall of Berlin in 1945, or the Rape of Nanking in 1937, that sound relatively restrained for a faction that just won a 20 year civil war.

Biden sent in an additional 6000 troops to help with the evacuations.

Frankly, it's better than they deserve. These people were warned months ago that Afghanistan was too dangerous for Americans to stay. Yet they stayed. "Oh, please rescue us from our own stupidity, Mr. Biden!!"

And he will. And you'll complain about that.

Those troops do not deserve to be in harms way. This is not about the thousands of Americans left there but also about the potential of hundreds of thousands if not millions of more refugees from Afghanistan sent here. And of course more Prog votes and some with terrorist views that are okay with Progs. I have always believed the more less populated areas of the northern U.S. and Central Canada provinces would be the last vestiges of potential freedom in the world if handled right for emigration from former states and other provinces in North America from the fascist encroachment of the wicked this way comes. A new nation formed with Euro ways and technologies. And the fast trains can be built in this environment.

That is also the problem with the US southern border. We live next to a third world country. If you open the border, millions will come, if only for economic reasons.

Forum List

Back