Are Proponents of $15 Min Wage Naive or Intentional Liars?

Are proponents of $15/hr minimum wage really that naive?

Whenever it comes to raising the minimum wage to $15 or $20 or more, I ask such proponents, “Would you be in favor of raising it to $100 or $1,000 per hour?” I usually get a confused look, as if I’m asking a trick question. For they are confronted with an economics question that goes beyond the parroting they’ve been programmed to carry out.

It’s not by random chance that rents in San Francisco are so high. It’s because the collective wages across the SF Bay Area are high. Landlords know this, so the invisible hand of free markets has driven rents up to these levels.

When the minimum wage is artificially raised by government policy then everything else will go up too, including other people’s wages, the cost of goods & services, rents, home prices, virtually everything. This is a fact that politicians either don’t understand or refuse to explain to citizens.

But in the end, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Just remember this: AOC is the leading cheerleader for higher and higher minimum wage.

How long has it been since you would willingly take a job for $7.25 an hour because it was worth your time?
I work over a thousand hours a year FOR FREE BECAUSE I ENJOY DOING IT.

If Leftards like you would stop being so concerned about stealing from others and instead get off your fat asses maybe this world would improve instead of decay.

BTW - I grew up in poverty. Now I’m very well off. God Bless America for giving me the chance to make my hard work pay off.

Whenever it comes to raising the minimum wage to $15 or $20 or more, I ask such proponents, “Would you be in favor of raising it to $100 or $1,000 per hour?” I usually get a confused look, as if I’m asking a trick question. For they are confronted with an economics question that goes beyond the parroting they’ve been programmed to carry out.

It’s not by random chance that rents in San Francisco are so high. It’s because the collective wages across the SF Bay Area are high. Landlords know this, so the invisible hand of free markets has driven rents up to these levels.

When the minimum wage is artificially raised by government policy then everything else will go up too, including other people’s wages, the cost of goods & services, rents, home prices, virtually everything. This is a fact that politicians either don’t understand or refuse to explain to citizens.

Just remember this: AOC is the leading cheerleader for higher and higher minimum wage.

How long has it been since you would willingly take a job for $7.25 an hour because it was worth your time?

If you have zero experience or talent.....

I work over a thousand hours a year FOR FREE BECAUSE I ENJOY DOING IT.

So do I. But that's not what I asked, now is it.

If Leftards like you would stop being so concerned about stealing from others and instead get off your fat asses maybe this world would improve instead of decay.

I'm not interested in "stealing from" anybody. See your proctologist about that post-anal drip.

BTW - I grew up in poverty. Now I’m very well off. God Bless America for giving me the chance to make my hard work pay off.

I see, so you're not interested in taking credit for your own initiative.
Whatever.

Sure, if even the Richest are subject to that same minimum wage. Gravity Payments already proved that "equality" concept.

Would you be in favor of raising it to $100 or $1,000 per hour?”

No, $15 reflects a wage that hasn’t been raised in ten years and will probably never be raised again if Republicans have a say

Yes but you know that.
I know you're full of shit. No one is just giving wall street billions every month. You've failed here, move along.

Thanks for the link.

The Federal Reserve stepped into financial markets Thursday for the second day in a row and the third time this week, this time dramatically ramping up asset purchases amid the turmoil created by the coronavirus.

How is an asset purchase "giving wall street billions each month"?

Yes but you know that.
I know you're full of shit. No one is just giving wall street billions every month. You've failed here, move along.

Thanks for the link.

The Federal Reserve stepped into financial markets Thursday for the second day in a row and the third time this week, this time dramatically ramping up asset purchases amid the turmoil created by the coronavirus.

You understand.

Yes but you know that.

Thanks for the link.

You understand.

Yes, your confusion is very understandable.

Yes but you know that.

Thanks for the link.

You understand.
I now understand your view that some conservatives here defend QE. It's rather disturbing.

Schools don't teach Home Economics.

No, $15 reflects a wage that hasn’t been raised in ten years and will probably never be raised again if Republicans have a say
Millions of competent workers get their wages raised fairly often without a nanny state mandate. You collectivists are shit.
What pknopp pointed out would fall under nanny state as well though. The market shouldn't have government intervention like this. Even the Federal Reserve itself is an institution that is prone to corruption.

Schools don't teach Home Economics.

What does that have to do with anything?

Forum List

Back