are non-whites truly american like whites

are non-whites truly american like whites

• certain ethnic groups are and certain not (like blacks are/are not, asians are/are not etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You ask some intriguing questions. To be honest, I usually look at them ans want to flame you...but your topics are always curious.

Are you a pothead?

Would you mind explaining the third choice?

for example you see african-americans as americans but not asian americans, or you see mexican-americans as americans but not african-americans, or you dont see pakistani americans as americans but everyone else. that means you view not all "non-whites" as the same.

for example you see african-americans as americans but not asian americans, or you see mexican-americans as americans but not african-americans, or you dont see pakistani americans as americans but everyone else. that means you view not all "non-whites" as the same.
Would you mind explaining your explanation?

i read someone saying that only "whites, blacks and native americans" are truly american because whites were the colonisers, blacks the slaves and native americans were before there etc. thats his opinions, how do you feel about that?

i read someone saying that only "whites, blacks and native americans" are truly american because whites were the colonisers, blacks the slaves and native americans were before there etc. thats his opinions, how do you feel about that?
Whites and native Americans I can agree with, but blacks? Slave labor contributed very little to American prosperity. It was a very small part of our economy, so their role is minuscule. They should have been sent back after the Civil War. It would have been easier for blacks to adjust if they had been returned to their native countries and lived among their own kind. They would have been much happier.

Whites and native Americans I can agree with, but blacks? Slave labor contributed very little to American prosperity. It was a very small part of our economy, so their role is minuscule. They should have been sent back after the Civil War. It would have been easier for blacks to adjust if they had been returned to their native countries and lived among their own kind. They would have been much happier.

if you think that then you should vote third option

It's not about color, it's about slaves. If they had been white they still would have only contributed slightly because there weren't enough slaves to make a real difference. I'm not saying they aren't Americans now, I'm saying that the reason you mentioned (slavery) didn't make them Americans and I'm sure they didn't want to BE Americans then either.

It's not about color, it's about slaves. If they had been white they still would have only contributed slightly because there weren't enough slaves to make a real difference. I'm not saying they aren't Americans now, I'm saying that the reason you mentioned (slavery) didn't make them Americans and I'm sure they didn't want to BE Americans then either.

but in most american movies americans are portrayed as white/black and there is one white guy one black guy etc. if there is a non-white/non-black character he is usually portrayed as foreigner with accent etc. like in rush hour where the black guy is american but the chinese guy isnt

You ask that question when you yourself are a non white?

so? why should i not ask the question, im sure some wouldnt see me as american, probably most would ask where im from and assume that im not american, if i emigrate

You ask that question when you yourself are a non white?

so? why should i not ask the question, im sure some wouldnt see me as american, probably most would ask where im from and assume that im not american, if i emigrate

So you agree that you are not really American?

im not american, i was never in america, im not american citizen, i never even visited etc. i live in europe, but im a fan of america etc. thats why im here. if i would move there and i get citizenship then i could be american, i would see myself as american but some maybe wouldnt see me as american

So you live in Europe... never been to America... and in the "Announcments" section you wanted to change your screenname to "TheAmerican"???! Why?!!

We are all Mutts. Because over time our ancestors have stated, look at that fine chick over there and nature takes its course...........

Example...........Look at the hot Asian looking chick......Well hell's bells she likes me......We do it and get married and half children..........The children are mutts..........But they are American Mutts.

In America we love our mutts. Mixed Breed dogs make great pets too.........

Lets look at Mexico.......viva........Spain came over and said, look at those hot chicks and low and behold more mutts were made. Now in Mexico are they asking where are you from. Are you Native or Spanish........I'm Incan Mexican....But my Dad was Spanish, but his mom was from China who's dad from Malaysia....and so on..............

So that Mexican is a Mutt, and his parents were Mutts...................Because Men and women who think each other are hot have been doing it since the dawn of time...........

I voted yes they are Americans and Americans are mutts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Q1fDf0GeY]Stripes Parade Prep Speech.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back