Are Lefties Willing to Destroy Our Country...

Name a policy that Obama has failed at.

This Obamaphone blows. I can't Facetime on this thing. :dunno:

a few billion that helps old people call for help = the cause of our debt. Evil is what these people are.

Of course, a landline would never allow people to call for help.
If they fall and can't reach the landline phone, but have a cell phone, worn around their neck....in a case

like this one that I created:

il_570xN.859232429_r2le.jpg

They could call for help!

My number one seller for old folks....

Their 60 year old children :D are buying these necklace length strap cell phone cases for their parents!

Okay, so what did we do before cordless and cell phones? Old people survived just fine.

But because we have these kinds of phones now, the phone companies pass them out to all the so-called poor people be they 18 or 80. Well the government isn't paying for them, so who is? All the cell phone customers that do pay their bills.

I've had a cell phone for a number of years now. I work full time driving a truck and I'm also a landlord which at times, requires me to be in contact with the banks, my tenants, repair people and construction workers..... I've never used 250 minutes in a months time. Most of my bills (excluding nights and weekends) I used probably on an average of less than an hour a month. So why are we paying welfare people who sit at home all day 250 anytime--anywhere minutes a month? Shouldn't their phones be for emergencies only?

Shouldn't their phones be for emergencies only?

Mine is.

Someone wants to call me, they can call the landline.

If I'm not home, they can leave a message.

The economy crashed due to the housing bubble and burst. Bush didn't do that alone and in fact, played a small part. There were lots of entities from both parties that contributed.

Somewhat true...but not the entire story. The rest of the world has also experienced economic woes.......and such woes were not related to "housing bubbles and bursts."
The loss of 700,000 jobs per month in the U.S. were NOT cause by the housing burst.

No, the bubble burst sent this country into a recession. Without the housing problem, we might have enjoyed a pretty good economy until Bush's last day in office. Think of the impact all those bad securities had on our stock market. A lot of people lost a lot of money even if you were not involved in loans or housing. Even if you had a simple IRA, that too crashed and had to be monitored carefully.

So where did the problem start? By government telling banks what they can and should do; pressuring banks to make loans to high-risk customers who would otherwise not have been able to get a gasoline credit card.

People rushed to the bank to get theirs. For many, it was the only opportunity in their life to own a home, so they didn't bother doing any homework. Just sign the papers as quick as you can.

But what they signed was for an Adjustable Mortgage Rate (ARM) loan because they were high risk. At the time, interest rates were low so there was only one way they could move, and that was up.

Not long afterwards, these people were making house payments (arbitrary number) of $700.00 a month and were struggling to do that. When interest rates increased, those people found themselves with a $1,000 a month mortgage or higher. They could no longer keep these houses and went into foreclosure.

So where did the problem start? By government telling banks what they can and should do; pressuring banks to make loans to high-risk customers who would otherwise not have been able to get a gasoline credit card.....

I've heard that before but it never becomes clear how that forcing of the banks to make bad loans actually works.

Did Cheney call his buddies at Goldman Sucks and tell them "if you don't start speculating in the mortgage market, I'll make sure you'll end up in Gitmo"?

:alcoholic:

So where did the problem start? By government telling banks what they can and should do; pressuring banks to make loans to high-risk customers who would otherwise not have been able to get a gasoline credit card.....

I've heard that before but it never becomes clear how that forcing of the banks to make bad loans actually works.

Did Cheney call his buddies at Goldman Sucks and tell them "if you don't start speculating in the mortgage market, I'll make sure you'll end up in Gitmo"?

The idea was to pander to the minorities and poor which are Democrat voters in most cases. Before the bubble, minorities and poor often complained to their politicians about being left out in the cold when it comes to buying a home. It was tough to get a home loan years ago because banks watched their money.

When Bush and the Republicans took over, they allowed these programs to continue and even put them on steroids. After all, they were not about to put a stop to these programs in fear of being labeled racist by the left once again. In fact they figured they would try to take some credit for all these minority owned homes themselves.

The idea was to pander to the minorities and poor which are Democrat voters in most cases. Before the bubble, minorities and poor often complained to their politicians about being left out in the cold when it comes to buying a home. It was tough to get a home loan years ago because banks watched their money.

When Bush and the Republicans took over, they allowed these programs to continue and even put them on steroids. After all, they were not about to put a stop to these programs in fear of being labeled racist by the left once again. In fact they figured they would try to take some credit for all these minority owned homes themselves.

Still no answer as to how banks were forced to make bad loans

...rather then admit that they have been dead wrong about Obama and his failed policies? He has strangled our economy, created chaos abroad and incited racial disharmony not seen in 50 years. Yet the Lefties' response is to double down by supporting candidates (Clinton and Sanders) with even more destructive ideas. Even Democrats with a modicum of common sense (e.g., Jim Webb) are shunned as apostates. Do they really want to turn the U.S. into a shit hole like the rest of the world? What would be the benefit of that, other than to salve their guilty consciences? Is there no limit to their destructive narcissism?

Name a policy that Obama has failed at.

Yemen

Failed to do what?

The banks were never forced to make bad loans. The banks/mortgage lenders chose, out of greed and opportunity, to make bad loans and sell them off as fast as possible.

...rather then admit that they have been dead wrong about Obama and his failed policies? He has strangled our economy, created chaos abroad and incited racial disharmony not seen in 50 years. Yet the Lefties' response is to double down by supporting candidates (Clinton and Sanders) with even more destructive ideas. Even Democrats with a modicum of common sense (e.g., Jim Webb) are shunned as apostates. Do they really want to turn the U.S. into a shit hole like the rest of the world? What would be the benefit of that, other than to salve their guilty consciences? Is there no limit to their destructive narcissism?

Weeeaall...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Let's use a few facts here:

Bush left the biggest recession in 50 years and it would have been a depression if he hadn't handed the largest financial institutions in the world nearly $800 billion as he left office. His unemployment rate was 7.1%. The economy was bleeding off 700,000 jobs a month. He left two hot wars, one which he arbitrarily started by invading a middle eastern country which had done no harm to the United States. The stock market had just bled off about 4000 points on the DOW.

Now unemployment is 5.1% and millions of new jobs have been added. The stock market has doubled in value. Both wars have been ended and 100's of thousands of young men and women are back home instead of staying alive by the day in a damn forlorn middle eastern war. Like I said.....you know, the thing about beauty and the beholder!

The banks basically make two types of loans: Prime loans where the bank uses their own money, and subprime loans where the bank makes the loan, but sells the loan off in the market.

In order to make subprime loans, banks have to use the standards set forth by the government. HUD is the boss of Fanny and Freddy, so their orders come from HUD.

So the banks were not forced per se, they were pressured into making these loans. Banks made the loans and collected a processing fee. That's how they made their money. From that point, the loans were sold off to the market.

So you admit the republicans caused the housing bubble.:clap:

Nope, they were part of it, but not exclusive to it. Democrats lit the fuse when they had the power. The Republicans just didn't do anything to stop it in time. They tried, but was fought tooth and nail by the Democrats:

Nope, they were part of it, but not exclusive to it. Democrats lit the fuse when they had the power. The Republicans just didn't do anything to stop it in time. They tried, but was fought tooth and nail by the Democrats:

Of course you are stepping back from your post now, that was only to be expected.
The problem wasn't wanting to ensure fair lending practices, the problem was encouraging the private sector to capitalize on a housing initiative implemented by Bush.

Snip;
Many of the partners today, many of the people here today, many of the business leaders here today are creating a market for the mortgages where Section 8 vouchers are a source of the payment. And that's good -- see, it's an underpinning of capital. It helps move capital to where we want capital to go.

And so these are important initiatives that we can do at the federal government. And the federal government, obviously, has to play an important role, and we will. We will. I mean, when I lay out a goal, I mean it. But we also have got to bring others into the process, most particularly the real estate industry. After all, the real estate industry benefits when people are encouraged to buy homes. It's in their self interest that we encourage people to buy homes. (Applause.)

And so one of the things that I'm going to talk about a little bit today is how to create a sustained commitment by the private sector that will have a powerful impact. First of all, we want to make sure that we help work to expand capital available to buyers, and as I mentioned, overcome the barriers that I've delineated, as well as provide the education component. In other words, this is not just a federal responsibility.
President Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership

Of course you are stepping back from your post now, that was only to be expected.
The problem wasn't wanting to ensure fair lending practices, the problem was encouraging the private sector to capitalize on a housing initiative implemented by Bush.

Snip;
Many of the partners today, many of the people here today, many of the business leaders here today are creating a market for the mortgages where Section 8 vouchers are a source of the payment. And that's good -- see, it's an underpinning of capital. It helps move capital to where we want capital to go.

And so these are important initiatives that we can do at the federal government. And the federal government, obviously, has to play an important role, and we will. We will. I mean, when I lay out a goal, I mean it. But we also have got to bring others into the process, most particularly the real estate industry. After all, the real estate industry benefits when people are encouraged to buy homes. It's in their self interest that we encourage people to buy homes. (Applause.)

And so one of the things that I'm going to talk about a little bit today is how to create a sustained commitment by the private sector that will have a powerful impact. First of all, we want to make sure that we help work to expand capital available to buyers, and as I mentioned, overcome the barriers that I've delineated, as well as provide the education component. In other words, this is not just a federal responsibility.

And once again, I never said that Bush nor the Republicans were not complicit in all this. They were part of it and continued the role set forth by Bill Clinton and the Democrats.

But this is what happens when Republicans start acting like Democrats. It's why we on the right complain so much about the RINO's in our party. We realize that the RNC is never going to be able to buy the votes of minorities, so there is no point in trying--especially if it means a national disaster.

The conservative outlook is let banks do their banking--not government. Yes, it will leave a lot of people out of the loop such as minorities and the poor, but it's better than what we've suffered in the past and still suffer until today.

Snip;

And once again, I never said that Bush nor the Republicans were not complicit in all this. They were part of it and continued the role set forth by Bill Clinton and the Democrats.

But this is what happens when Republicans start acting like Democrats. It's why we on the right complain so much about the RINO's in our party. We realize that the RNC is never going to be able to buy the votes of minorities, so there is no point in trying--especially if it means a national disaster.

The conservative outlook is let banks do their banking--not government. Yes, it will leave a lot of people out of the loop such as minorities and the poor, but it's better than what we've suffered in the past and still suffer until today.

Whatever makes you feel better about it.

But I have to reinforce the point that Bush wasn't doing it for reasons that you express. He was doing it to pump up the markets during a weakened economy.

Snip;

But I have to reinforce the point that Bush wasn't doing it for reasons that you express. He was doing it to pump up the markets during a weakened economy.

The economy was doing fine before the housing bubble. Bush didn't need to send 20 million to Africa to fight AIDS either, but he did it to try and earn favor from the minority community.

Snip;

The real estate disaster was caused by a laissez-faire approach to banking.

Snip;

The economy was doing fine before the housing bubble. Bush didn't need to send 20 million to Africa to fight AIDS either, but he did it to try and earn favor from the minority community.

We were in a recession.
Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Snip;

We were in a recession.

Yes when Bush first took over and we suffered 911. The housing bubble and collapse didn't come until much later after Bush got the economy rolling again.

Snip;

We were in a recession.

Yes when Bush first took over and we suffered 911. The housing bubble and collapse didn't come until much later after Bush got the economy rolling again.
Yes, Bush created his own disaster by inflating the housing market.

The country stated going down hill when the southern bible thumpers hi jacked the republican party, it would have been better to keep the south marginalized
barry-goldwater-on-preachers.jpg

Forum List

Back