Are cops the bad guys?

Good video! David Clarke is one of the "good guys."

..yes--to the left criminals are martyrs/saints/good guys/etc
..cops = EVIL!!!
..I've been saying this for years! cops are human...you will always have mistakes/errors/lone wolves/etc
..but most of this crap you see on MSM is---crap

The quality of the cops also depend on the system they work for, locally.

Yes each cop is human, with personal bias that is supposed to be quelled while on the job and often isn't and overall most cops are the good guys.

But I've also seen a corrupt court system/judge/prosecutors that dictate that jurisdictions cops actions/inactions.

Yes each cop is human, with personal bias that is supposed to be quelled while on the job and often isn't and overall most cops are the good guys.

But I've also seen a corrupt court system/judge/prosecutors that dictate that jurisdictions cops actions/inactions.

Any blanket statement like the OP title (and apparently the video title) is a fallacy before it hits the page. Which considering the source is not at all a surprise. Cops as a whole are not "bad guys" or "good guys". It's an occupation, and like any occupation, some do it well, most simply get by, and some abuse it.

Any blanket statement like the OP title (and apparently the video title) is a fallacy before it hits the page. Which considering the source is not at all a surprise. Cops as a whole are not "bad guys" or "good guys". It's an occupation, and like any occupation, some do it well, most simply get by, and some abuse it.

Well kinda sorta....you find that with anyone, anywhere.

But cops are set apart on a stage all their own......because of the type of occupation. They are supposed to be there to 'protect & defend' the people they serve, even though they've stopped putting that on the patrol cars now....atleast in this area. IDK about anywhere else.

As said in the video, cops are supposed to be excellent and are held to a higher standard. Most can achieve that to some degree, even if they have to fake it.

BULLSHIT !!!!
..all the times the cops do their job, correctly, JUSTIFIABLY, etc and the blacks go freakin crazy yelling how bad-evil-terrible-etc the cops are ---looting--burning--rioting over black CRIMINALS being justifiably shot by cops
..one of the reasons Trump was elected is because of the BULLSHIT of the blacks hating cops
..these black celebrities/blacks etc crying they are afraid their children will get shot by cops
reality of their kids being mistreated - and even killed ― by the police.
Heartbreaking Video Shows Black Parents Teaching Their Kids About Police Encounters | HuffPost
Black Parents Talk To Their Kids About Dealing With The Police, Even Though It's A Hard Conversation To Have
1. they should be afraid of BLACKS--not whites--not cops ---as blacks commit murder at over FOUR times the rate of whites...most of their victims are BLACK
blacks murder over 3000 BLACKS every YEAR!!
2.blacks murder cops 18.5 times more than cops shoot blacks
Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

BULLSHIT !!!!
..all the times the cops do their job, correctly, JUSTIFIABLY, etc and the blacks go freakin crazy yelling how bad-evil-terrible-etc the cops are ---looting--burning--rioting over black CRIMINALS being justifiably shot by cops
..one of the reasons Trump was elected is because of the BULLSHIT of the blacks hating cops
..these black celebrities/blacks etc crying they are afraid their children will get shot by cops
reality of their kids being mistreated - and even killed ― by the police.
Heartbreaking Video Shows Black Parents Teaching Their Kids About Police Encounters | HuffPost
Black Parents Talk To Their Kids About Dealing With The Police, Even Though It's A Hard Conversation To Have
1. they should be afraid of BLACKS--not whites--not cops ---as blacks commit murder at over FOUR times the rate of whites...most of their victims are BLACK
blacks murder over 3000 BLACKS every YEAR!!
Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

Was there a point coming with this ice-cream-in-the-oven meltdown?

While I agree with your post, I don't agree with your Ad hominem. I myself have done the same to sources like INFOWARS, Breitbart and Huffpo, but I have seen some good stuff that inform occasionally at these places. It is best we analyze each piece individually, and not prejudge something based on where it comes from.

Prager U usually does good work. In this case, I don't agree with a blanket defense of police work, simply because of the cover that the state has given to the profession. The only thing police are here for is to extort money from the population for the benefit and health of the STATE.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

While I agree with your post, I don't agree with your Ad hominem. I myself have done the same to sources like INFOWARS, Breitbart and Huffpo, but I have seen some good stuff that inform occasionally at these places. It is best we analyze each piece individually, and not prejudge something based on where it comes from.

Prager U usually does good work. In this case, I don't agree with a blanket defense of police work, simply because of the cover that the state has given to the profession. The only thing police are here for is to extort money from the population for the benefit and health of the STATE.

You must not be familiar with "PragerU". It's not a "U" at all, that's emblematic of its dishonesty. It's a propaganda mill run by a right-wing radio wackjob (named Prager) that dumps five-minute pseudolectures on YouTube while pretending to hide behind a fake academic name. It's notoriously uninterested in factual content, preferring to just make up its own histories. I have zero respect for that sleazeball sort of operation, and when I say "zero" I'm overstating.

Strangely, despite this we have agreed on the fallacy of the blanket statement and on the purpose of the police.

I didn't bother to watch the video once I saw it was Prager. I've spent too much time in the past correcting their outright fabrications. It's a lot of work. Suffice to say Prager is an adherent of the Big Lie approach -- get a respectable-looking speaker, set them up with fake slides and a hackneyed script, execute YouTube Dump, and get the unwashed who can't be bothered to vet the info to blithely suck up whatever emotional fast food is dictated. Prager has absolutely zero credibility.

Last edited:

You must not be familiar with "PragerU". It's not a "U" at all, that's emblematic of its dishonesty. It's a propaganda mill run by a right-wing radio wackjob (named Prager) that dumps five-minute pseudolectures on YouTube while pretending to hide behind a fake academic name. It's notoriously uninterested in factual content, preferring to just make up its own histories. I have zero respect for that sleazeball sort of operation, and when I say "zero" I'm overstating.

Strangely, despite this we have agreed on the fallacy of the blanket statement and on the purpose of the police.

I didn't bother to watch the video once I saw it was Prager. I've spent too much time in the past correcting their outright fabrications. It's a lot of work. Suffice to say Prager is an adherent of the Big Lie approach -- get a respectable-looking speaker, set them up with fake slides and a hackneyed script, execute YouTube Dump, and get the unwashed who can't be bothered to vet the info to blithely suck up whatever emotional fast food is dictated. Prager has absolutely zero credibility.

mmm.. . . okay.

I don't agree with a lot of what you have to say, but I wouldn't dismiss EVERYTHING you have to say just because it is coming from you. That would be a fallacy.

This is Prager's view on Trump, I think you two would have a meeting on the minds, here, no?

"Prager had previously said that Trump was "unfit to be a presidential candidate, let alone president".[12] Conor Friedersdorf of the Atlantic noted that Prager had also said that he could not "trust the integrity or conscience of a man or woman who publicly humiliates his or her spouse" through adultery; that those who lie to besmirch the names of others cannot be trusted; and that "any human being with a functioning conscience or a decent heart loathes torture".[13]

Cops are defiantly the good guys in my neighborhood, but there is not that many bad guys in my neighborhood either.
Being a cop is not just an occupation, it can easily become a lifestyle, and this is when the us versus them mentality develops.

mmm.. . . okay.

I don't agree with a lot of what you have to say, but I wouldn't dismiss EVERYTHING you have to say just because it is coming from you. That would be a fallacy.

This is Prager's view on Trump, I think you two would have a meeting on the minds, here, no?

"Prager had previously said that Trump was "unfit to be a presidential candidate, let alone president".[12] Conor Friedersdorf of the Atlantic noted that Prager had also said that he could not "trust the integrity or conscience of a man or woman who publicly humiliates his or her spouse" through adultery; that those who lie to besmirch the names of others cannot be trusted; and that "any human being with a functioning conscience or a decent heart loathes torture".[13]

TBH I'm not even interested in what Prager's view of Rump is or his view on anything. He's already established himself as a dishonest hack willing to publish blatant mythologies. So it's not a matter of "agreeing" or "disagreeing"; it's his having no standards of basic honesty. Just not interested in those who have no scruples.

Last edited:
Cops are defiantly the good guys in my neighborhood, but there is not that many bad guys in my neighborhood either.
Being a cop is not just an occupation, it can easily become a lifestyle, and this is when the us versus them mentality develops.

Most definitely. There's a whole cop culture that feeds this and it's become more and more militaristic.

When I travelled in Ireland I noticed a completely different public attitude when police were present. They were seen as genuine public servants and a societal benefit rather than, "oh shit, it's the cops". I think their not carrying guns was part of that too.

In my life I have had several encounters with police. I am a very large white male who was a body builder, so my physic was very dominating. This scared the police so they came with nightsicks out and used them. What had I done? I rode a motorcycle and stopped when they put a red light on me. The reason for the stop was that I was a hells angle. I wore no colors or even a jacket.
Yes cops are the bad guys!

In my life I have had several encounters with police. I am a very large white male who was a body builder, so my physic was very dominating. This scared the police so they came with nightsicks out and used them. What had I done? I rode a motorcycle and stopped when they put a red light on me. The reason for the stop was that I was a hells angle. I wore no colors or even a jacket.
Yes cops are the bad guys!

Still hate to hang anything on a blanket statement, but most of my interactions with police have been negative, and to this day the only time I've ever had guns pulled on me it was hyperactive cops harassing a guy doing nothing more suspicious than calmly walking home. Had I been packing as the gun fetishists on this board preach it would have ended badly needless to say, especially considering they never identified themselves as cops and just came on with brute force. The whole exercise was unnecessary and instigated by powerhungry yahoos who are literally paid to go out looking for trouble and then want to freak out when they find create it.

Forum List

Back