Are all women jealaous if you cheat on them?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
It occurs to me that earlier women would not have been jealous at all, but they think it's good if their husband has many wives, by the way, in Islam, for example, you can have several wives and the women don't mind that they are just one of many. In my grandparents' generation, men still cheated on women and women didn't think anything of it, it just wasn't allowed to be the other way around, for a woman to cheat on a man. I think it was more looked down on if a man is a virgin, then if he has many women, it was expected that a man has many women and the women would approve of it but look down on a man who doesnt have many women.

It occurs to me that earlier women would not have been jealous at all, but they think it's good if their husband has many wives, by the way, in Islam, for example, you can have several wives and the women don't mind that they are just one of many. In my grandparents' generation, men still cheated on women and women didn't think anything of it, it just wasn't allowed to be the other way around, for a woman to cheat on a man. I think it was more looked down on if a man is a virgin, then if he has many women, it was expected that a man has many women and the women would approve of it but look down on a man who doesnt have many women.

It is not that women were not jealous. They simply had no choice.

mort, mort, mort.....

yer hand is not another woman.

Wives and husbands alike are very unhappy when their spouse brings home a venereal disease from cheating with someone else, especially when they have been true to that lousy spouse. Just sayin'.

In cultures where men take multiple wives (Islam, Mormon, pre-communist China, etc), the jealousy, bitterness and hatred among the women is notorious. It’s human nature. They only put up with the arrangement because it was better than poverty and near starvation.

Forum List

Back