Apartheid vs. Occupation

ForeverYoung436

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2009
It's very important to be clear about what you support in this conflict. For instance, Tinmore posted a video of an Israeli peace activist who spoke out against the Occupation. But what she means by Occupation and what Tinmore means by it, are 2 entirely different things. She is talking about the West Bank while Tinmore is talking about all of Israel. And because there are these very blurry lines about which Occupation the people are actually talking about, there can be no resolution to this conflict. Israel is ruled by civilian law, the West Bank by martial/military law. Despite these "50 laws" that supposedly discriminate against minorities in Israel proper, that is really not so. Arabs in Israel are doctors, Supreme Court justices, and Miss Israel winners. Many of them even volunteer in the IDF. Now, is there Apartheid in the Territories? I don't know if I would call it that either. Deliberately waking up Hebronites in the middle of the night, taking up residence in their houses, "letting their presence be known" by detaining schoolchildren, as "Breaking the Silence" IDF soldiers have testified to doing, is more "Occupation" than "Apartheid." Israel will never give up the West Bank as long as people say there should be no State of Israel at all. Once people stop talking about Apartheid, and start talking about the military occupation of the West Bank only, then a resolution of the conflict can finally be achieved.

Last edited:
It's very important to be clear about what you support in this conflict. For instance, Tinmore posted a video of an Israeli peace activist who spoke out against the Occupation. But what she means by Occupation and what Tinmore means by it, are 2 entirely different things. She is talking about the West Bank while Tinmore is talking about all of Israel. And because there are these very blurry lines about which Occupation the people are actually talking about, there can be no resolution to this conflict. Israel is ruled by civilian law, the West Bank by martial/military law. Despite these "50 laws" that supposedly discriminate against minorities in Israel proper, that is really not so. Arabs in Israel are doctors, Supreme Court justices, and Miss Israel winners. Many of them even volunteer in the IDF. Now, is there Apartheid in the Territories? I don't know if I would call it that either. Deliberately waking up Hebronites in the middle of the night, taking up residence in their houses, "letting their presence be known" by detaining schoolchildren, as "Breaking the Silence" IDF soldiers have testified to doing, is more "Occupation" than "Apartheid." Israel will never give up the West Bank as long as people say there should be no State of Israel at all. Once people stop talking about Apartheid, and start talking about the military occupation of the West Bank only, then a resolution of the conflict can finally be achieved.

Palestinians have made military occupation of the West Bank necessary. And no country knows that better than Jordan.

Palestinians have made military occupation of the West Bank necessary. And no country knows that better than Jordan.

How have Palestinians made military occupation of the West Bank necessary? That is like saying the French made the Nazi occupation of France necessary. MJB and his blaming the victim routine is initially great for laughs, because of its absurdity, but it gets old eventually.

For instance, Tinmore posted a video of an Israeli peace activist who spoke out against the Occupation. But what she means by Occupation and what Tinmore means by it, are 2 entirely different things.
Most of what people think about I/P is based on "say so." Few people dig past what is "common knowledge" to get a better understanding of the problem. Even Richard Goldstone's findings are based on this dominant narrative with the assumption that it is true.

My conclusions are based on actual history and nobody has provided any evidence, other than more say so, that my conclusions are false.

How have Palestinians made military occupation of the West Bank necessary? That is like saying the French made the Nazi occupation of France necessary. MJB and his blaming the victim routine is initially great for laughs, because of its absurdity, but it gets old eventually.

It's quite clear that the belligerent actions of the Arabs-Moslems have been the cause of their continuing failures. If you look at the conditions across the Islamist world, the area is a nightmare of religious, ethnic and social hatreds.

You shouldn't think that ignorance on your part is a reason for others to accept your pointless whining.

Forum List

Back