Anyone remember when tvs were furniture and when playgrounds were dangerous and when you were left home alone back in the 80s?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020

Cause i remember when TVs were furniture, playgrounds didn't have those safety padding on the ground and everything at the playground was dangerous,like made of metal. Metal slides, metal monkey bars,metal poles you slid down and hurt yourself, and when it got really hot, you couldn't go on those slides without burning yourself.

Cause i remember when TVs were furniture, playgrounds didn't have those safety padding on the ground and everything at the playground was dangerous,like made of metal. Metal slides, metal monkey bars,metal poles you slid down and hurt yourself, and when it got really hot, you couldn't go on those slides without burning yourself.

Yes, those were they days, right? American heads were much harder back then.

People watched TVs and put up with the fuzzy screens.
Digital TV, computers, smart phones and the internet have changed society a lot.

I got more than one set of ass blisters from a hot slide when I was little, but it was always worth it.

We had a slide at the park that was about 147 stories high... we used to drag gallon jugs of water to cool it off sometimes. Added benefit- your trip down the slide was as fast as a dragster.

Sure beat the time we all got together and made a big damn slide out of... old barnwood.

It didn't take long for word to get around that going down our impressively large slide would burden your butt with about 7 pounds of slivers. I think over the next couple weeks, Mom took enough slivers out of my butt to build a house.

How embarrassing.

You know... now, thinking of some of the other crazy shit we did- I have no clue how any of survived to adulthood.

We only got 2 channels & when dad was home I was his remote control switching channels & volume as he commanded. We never got to eat in front of the TV.

Always preferred to play outside, building tree house, bike jump ramps, jumping over things with bike, farming with dad, camping, hunting with gramps & uncles.

We had a big metal slide & used a gunny sack or feed bag to go fast & prevent ass burns. Also used water hose on occasion to cool & glide down slide. Did lots of swimming in the lake in summer.

The 80s. hahahahahahahaha...

Kid, you should have grown up in the late '60s to late '70s.

Cartoons on Saturday Morning only ... not 24/7

439710.jpg

Forum List

Back