Anyone know how to Polka?

Having Polish ancestry you would think it would be genetically imprinted. But I have two left feet and as Phil Collins said, "I can't dance".
Give me a boatload of cocktails and I will think I can. Haven't danced a Polka for years since Grandma died, as she would always drag me on the floor at family gatherings.

Having Polish ancestry you would think it would be genetically imprinted. But I have two left feet and as Phil Collins said, "I can't dance".
Give me a boatload of cocktails and I will think I can. Haven't danced a Polka for years since Grandma died, as she would always drag me on the floor at family gatherings.

I think the polka is more associated with Polish Americans than it is with the Poles in Poland. A number of years ago, John Paul 2 came to America and didn't know much about polka.

I think the polka is more associated with Polish Americans than it is with the Poles in Poland. A number of years ago, John Paul 2 came to America and didn't know much about polka.
Oh, and my grandparents did love that Lawrence Welk.

Forum List

Back