Anyone have an e-bike?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
So I am settling on what bikes to get for the two of us.
We are 57 and 58, this is for exercise and tooling around. No off road etc. etc.

Looking serious at an e-bike primarily for assist going up long hills.
I live in Southern Indiana... they call it "Hoosier Hills" for a reason. There are no flat lands anywhere near here.

Not really asking for advice on buying, just what is folks overall experience with one?
Are they worth it? Is the power sufficient? Etc.
Ones I am looking at is 350W... wondering if that is enough power to go up longer hills.

Not really asking for advice on buying, just what is folks overall experience with one?
Are they worth it? Is the power sufficient? Etc.
Ones I am looking at is 350W... wondering if that is enough power to go up longer hills.

Mine will go up to about 25 mph with me on it. I'm not sure about range as I've never rode it till it runs out. It is good to ask as it seems 350W isn't 350W in all instances. The standard doesn't appear to be very standard.

My initial thought is if you want to power the bike without peddling go with more than 350W. If you only want a couple miles 350W might be fine. I wonder if there is a bike shop locally that might let you try some out?

I put an e-conversion kit, a Bafang mid drive, on a hard tail mountain bike set up for the street. 500w 36v with a 19.2 amphr battery. More power is better to have on hand, you don't have to use it if you don't need it. 350w will be enough for the road.
They're great. Well worth it, you'll find yourself using your bike a lot more than if it was steam powered. Get the biggest battery that will fit on your bike.

The aging boomers can't just peddle some contraption that costs 80 bucks. Apparently they need to be entertained by a video screen that enacts with their peddling and pretends that they interact with the fictional bicycle riders? Go for the ten grand.

Forum List

Back