Anyone ever ride one of these one wheel skate boards (electric)

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I just seen a guy on one, it looks pretty cool (but expensive $1,000 ~$2,000.. just looked it up)

I wonder how hard it would be, I remember trying to ride my friends unicycle it took a lot of practice

Onewheel Secret Stash

top-logo.png

HOW IT STARTED
It took our Founder/CEO Kyle Doerksen 8 years of tinkering, lots of coffee, and a handful of prototypes, but by the end of 2013, Kyle had created a riding experience so beautiful folks could hardly believe it. Kyle quit his day job, hired a team of like-minded individuals, launched Onewheel and has been helping to bring thousands of riders pure-joy moments ever since.

How this one-wheeled skateboard lets riders cruise without crashing

How it works
Onewheel has been making single-wheeled skateboards since 2014, but the Pint—the device I tried—is their newest, least-expensive, smallest, and lightest one yet. It has a top speed of 16 miles per hour and a range of 6 to 8 miles.

Inside the hub of the big, single wheel that constitutes the gadget’s entire propulsion system, is an electric motor. That motor performs two essential duties: it spins to propel you forward or backwards down the sidewalk, and it makes constant small adjustments to keep you balanced.

Three internal accelerometers and gyroscopes continuously measure the orientation of the board in space—its roll, pitch, and yaw. To picture what roll, pitch, and yaw are, imagine the way an airplane can roll side to side, its nose can pitch up and down, and it can turn itself to point in different compass directions; that will give you an idea of the different motions the Onewheel is monitoring.

The gyroscopes inside aren't the kind that spin to help a machine stay oriented; instead, they're chip-level sensors that measure rate of rotation. For example, the Apple Watch has an accelerometer and gyro on board to help it measure actions like your swim stroke. The sensors on the Onewheel Pint monitor what the board is doing 14,000 times per second in order to tell the motor what to do and help you balance or move

Forum List

Back