Any Turmeric Takers?

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
My GF has been using turmeric for a few years and stands by it. Myself, I never was a fan of supplements but have been taking CurcuminMD Plus for a month now. I'm not completely sold on it.

What results should I get and how long does someone need to take it before noticing results?

Last edited:
My GF has been using turmeric for a few years and stands by it. Myself, I never was a fan of supplements but have been taking CurcuminMD Plus for a month now. I'm not completely sold on it.

What results should I get and how long does someone need to take it before noticing results?

I know a few folks that swear by it..Just be aware:

The list of prescription interactions is long..especially anti-clotting meds. Also diabetic meds.
Now, there might be a bright side here..in that maybe you could sub Turmeric for a blood-thinner..I'm not educated enough.

Took it for about 6 months. Didn't do anything for me.

I'm taking Centrum Silver and swear by it. When I run out and don't replace my supply...in about a week, I notice I have less focus. With it...my head is more "in the game" as I call it.

I find that the Sugar Rush THC gummies are the absolute best supplement ever invented. I have the 40mg ones so a corner, 1/4 or 1/5th is all I need

I have been taking it for a few yrs now mixed with fish oil and a few other things, even though my pain is not completely gone I can walk now when I couldnt even stand under my own weight before,,

as an anti inflammatory its better than the pharma stuff because it doesnt destroy your kidneys,,

I had always heard that your body had a hard time absorbing this, so you should mix it with pepper. I have a supplement mix that you make in a blender, it has tumeric in it, as well as pepper, and a strong pepper taste.

I had always heard that your body had a hard time absorbing this, so you should mix it with pepper. I have a supplement mix that you make in a blender, it has tumeric in it, as well as pepper, and a strong pepper taste.
whats the pain youre dealing with??

Took it for about 6 months. Didn't do anything for me.

I'm taking Centrum Silver and swear by it. When I run out and don't replace my supply...in about a week, I notice I have less focus. With it...my head is more "in the game" as I call it.
The supp I'm using doesn't seem to be an advantage for me plus it's not cheap.

Turmeric is in curries. It’s considered an anti carcinogen. Eat curry.
Have a camel after you eat
3115672405_e4390abc03_ob.jpg

Any Turmeric Takers?​

An Indian bridge playing pal of mine once asked me why you never see an Indian with flu.

I have used it ever since and even eat it raw as an aperitif /taster .

The supp I'm using doesn't seem to be an advantage for me plus it's not cheap.

It's an antioxidant. No matter what, these are very good for Americans. My understanding is they gobble up a bunch of crap all around us in the environment--they "clean up" our cells.

I take vitamins D, C, and Zinc; a liver cleanse and curcumin daily. I just started curcumin maybe 2 months ago. I have the gummies--they taste pretty good. Like orange and spice.

Like others said, turmeric has many health benefits. It's anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-microbial, strengthens the immune system, improves cognitive health, and reportedly it has anti-cancer properties and "appears to be able to switch back on the self-destruct mechanism within cancer cells." (more on that, here.)

6a970bac7e-2.jpg

I don't use it every day, but whenever I make tofu scramble, I sprinkle it in to give it a yellow color. (Not too much, because it's kind of bitter, but it doesn't take much to add color.) :)

Like others said, turmeric has many health benefits. It's anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-microbial, strengthens the immune system, improves cognitive health, and reportedly it has anti-cancer properties and "appears to be able to switch back on the self-destruct mechanism within cancer cells." (more on that, here.)

6a970bac7e-2.jpg

I don't use it every day, but whenever I make tofu scramble, I sprinkle it in to give it a yellow color. (Not too much, because it's kind of bitter, but it doesn't take much to add color.) :)
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer nearing 4 years ago. My last biopsy 9 months ago showed the 3 tumors are now benign. I have been eating ginger every day for 2 years along with onions, garlic, berries, pumpkin seeds (papitas) most days. I think I get plenty of anti-oxidants. My triglycerides are now normal, also. My urologist doesn't like me anymore. LOL.

Forum List

Back