Any Tips for San Juan Puerto Rico

mmmmmmm...... Rum....why is the rum gone!! I though about doing the Bacardi distillary tour. I love rum... though am not a fan of Bacardi

Casa Bacardi Distillery Tour - San Juan - Reviews of Casa Bacardi Distillery Tour - TripAdvisor

and....i found the pork highway!!!

Andrew Explores Puerto Rico : Video : Travel Channel

Oh shit the rum!!! How could I forget! The Bacardi tour is great AND they give you an original Mojito for free :thup:

yeah.... i thought about doing a rum tour of the Caribbean....we talked trips at the ministry of rum. Bacardi was never really up on my radar as a top shelf rum. I am quite sure i will be... indulging :)

and...really??... you like mojitos?? They just taste like scope to me.

Ah well maybe you haven't had the right mojito?

Or maybe it's just because of my roots. The other day I found out 2 of my best friends don't like rum. I thought everybody like rum??? :confused::confused::confused:

And yup Cayey! I think I've actually been to that place in the video. Or at least somewhere like it. It was really good. Don't mind the stray dogs tho

cant be any worse then the stray roosters in Key West....... :lol:

Lol it's a little worse. Key west is a good deal better off than most places in PR

Oh shit the rum!!! How could I forget! The Bacardi tour is great AND they give you an original Mojito for free :thup:

yeah.... i thought about doing a rum tour of the Caribbean....we talked trips at the ministry of rum. Bacardi was never really up on my radar as a top shelf rum. I am quite sure i will be... indulging :)

Or maybe it's just because of my roots. The other day I found out 2 of my best friends don't like rum. I thought everybody like rum??? :confused::confused::confused:

i love rum.... just never been a fan of mojitos.

Well bacardi invented them maybe they make them better? I've actually had maybe 3 mojitos in my life and they were all at the bacardi factory :laugh:

Well bacardi invented them maybe they make them better? I've actually had maybe 3 mojitos in my life and they were all at the bacardi factory :laugh:

:lmao:

bias..i am calling bias!!

if you are a rum fan..... google..... Ministry of Rum

A very bad place!!! they have cost me a small fortune hunting down the best rums.....

This article has some very nice ideas for an itinerary.

36 Hours in San Juan, Puerto Rico
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/travel/36-hours-in-san-juan-puerto-rico.html?_r=0

I would wind up here amongst other places......
IMG_5016.jpg

I have been to San Juan several times while in the Navy. The black angus club was allways a highlight of the trip.

Last edited:
Alright....

ive booked a 6 hour Private tour guide/driver. I have asked to be taken to the "Pork Highway" for the best roasted pork on the island, a bakery that has the best Pastelillo de Guayaba, and visit the hat shop Olé.

hows that????

I almost forgot!!!

Pina Coladas!!! Drink them!!!

And not the tourist trap ones in Old San Juan get one at a restaurant :thup:

Go to the one where the Pina Colada was invented. Sorry I can't remember the name but probably easy to find.

Delicious. I mean, really.

Two days, not enough. Any way you can squeeze out some more time? We were there two weeks last time but spent only 3-4 days in Old San Juan and that's the longest we've stayed there before going to Vieques.

What hotel are you staying in? Asking because we love our weird little hotel on the square in Old San Juan. We always stay there and the coffee/breakfast is to die for.

Hotel Plaza De Armas PR - Old San Juan - Puerto Rico

We don't eat pork/meat but the food, booze and shopping in San Juan and Vieques is all really good. I can't remember any bad experiences we've had on our trips there.

One thing you might consider is getting a driver. We do that on every trip we take. Better than a tour bus or renting a car. Its not that expensive and lets you really enjoy the sights.

Alright....

ive booked a 6 hour Private tour guide/driver. I have asked to be taken to the "Pork Highway" for the best roasted pork on the island, a bakery that has the best Pastelillo de Guayaba, and visit the hat shop Olé.

hows that????

Funny cuz that's just what I recommended.

Hope it works out for you.

I almost forgot!!!

Pina Coladas!!! Drink them!!!

And not the tourist trap ones in Old San Juan get one at a restaurant :thup:

Go to the one where the Pina Colada was invented. Sorry I can't remember the name but probably easy to find.

Delicious. I mean, really.

Two days, not enough. Any way you can squeeze out some more time? We were there two weeks last time but spent only 3-4 days in Old San Juan and that's the longest we've stayed there before going to Vieques.

What hotel are you staying in? Asking because we love our weird little hotel on the square in Old San Juan. We always stay there and the coffee/breakfast is to die for.

Hotel Plaza De Armas PR - Old San Juan - Puerto Rico

We don't eat pork/meat but the food, booze and shopping in San Juan and Vieques is all really good. I can't remember any bad experiences we've had on our trips there.

One thing you might consider is getting a driver. We do that on every trip we take. Better than a tour bus or renting a car. Its not that expensive and lets you really enjoy the sights.

We are staying at the Ritz-Carlton. It looks pretty central to everything and has a spa. (spa :thup:) Ive no idea about the hotels there since ive never been... and had no direction as to what is good and what to avoided.... so stuck with a name i know and trust.

I know... two days is not enough, but it is what it is.... I wish i had two weeks like you did to really explore!!!!

ok... must hunt down the Pina Colada place (great tip).... that's night life stuff!!!

thanks!!!

Forum List

Back