Any health experts here? Question about zinc.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
I have zinc supplements. One is 25mg of zinc (1 pill) and the other is 50mg.

I know zinc helps build immune system, but too much of it I heard can actually weaken it. That is what I was told.

Is 50mg of zinc per day via a supplement too much?

I know zinc helps build immune system, but too much of it I heard can actually weaken it. That is what I was told.

it would be easier and safer to google it than ask a bunch of nimrods on a political forum,,,

it would be easier and safer to google it than ask a bunch of nimrods on a political forum,,,
lol

Yeah, I did. I got conflicting information. Was wondering if there anyone with a nutrition background.

And yes......

I am contacting a nutritionist today. lol I was just wanting to see a conversation about it and see if anything fits with what I will find out. If it does, then I may consult that person if I have questions from now on. :)

My family has all been taking Elderberry per the advice of a reformed pharmacist turned homeopath. I am resigned to the fact that nearly all of us will be exposed to CV, and all we can do is minimize the effect.

I started out in my younger years with 25 mg and worked my way up to 50 mg of zinc as a supplement to prostate problems. If you are taking zinc, it definitely can tax other things you put in your body. So, unless you are talking to a doctor to see what you may be okay on or have a deficiency with (and only a blood test can tell), if you haven't taken zinc before, you should be taking a multivitamin additionally to make sure the zinc is not reducing some other vitamin your body needs.

In short, regardless of what you hear, you need a blood test.

Forum List

Back