Anti Gun Folks. A new phrase for you. Ghost Guns.

Ghost Guns are those weapons without serial numbers. No ability to track or trace the weapon. Some a made from unfinished frames in kit form. Most are imported from illegal manufacturers.

Santa Clarita shooting: Weapon used in Saugus High attack a 'ghost gun,' sheriff says

There is no way to know where the firearm came from. No way to find out if the seller was involved. Black market guns are here and have been for some time. Their numbers are increasing as more criminals turn to this route.

The more you restrict them, the more avenues will open up as it becomes more profitable for those criminals intent to break the law already.

Ghost Guns. Because the Genie just won’t fit back in the bottle.

This fails as a post hoc fallacy.

No one is ‘anti-gun’ – that prohibited persons are not allowed to possess firearms is perfectly appropriate and warranted.

Eliminating background checks and other necessary, proper, and Constitutional firearm regulatory measures won’t end the unlawful manufacturing of guns, nor are such measures responsible for the unlawful manufacturing of guns.

Yo moron, a friggin cannon is a blackpowder firearm

You need a mental health check

A Blackpowder cannon is not covered by those firearms laws. Unless it is prohibited by local or state laws there is nothing to prevent you from buying and firing one. Again. If you knew half as much as you talk you would be an interesting debate opponent.

Can you buy gunpowder without an ID? Saying no would allow terrorist to buy their bombs here.

If you knew half as much as you talk you would be an interesting debate opponent.

Last time I bought Black Powder I didn’t need any. I can make a Cannon that uses Black Powder and it would be legal.

If this is true you could also make a pressure cooker bomb to take to the marathon.

Really, so at some point all logic has broken down or you are deluded

Bombs are illegal. Unless you are legally allowed to use them to clear tree stumps or something in your state. Many Farmers have Dynamite for such purposes.

You should have watched the video. That homemade cannon was pretty accurate and impressive. It is not the only one.

The last time I bought black powder for my pistol, a .44 Cal cap and ball revolver, I didn’t show any ID. I bought a pound plus the caps. I already had the ball. I have been thinking of getting some more. I would need ffffg powder for the pan on the Flintlock rifle. I would probably want ffg for the barrel. I could probably use fffg without any problem.

Just because you think it is wrong doesn’t make it illegal. I can use Thermite made with ingredients I got from eBay legally on my property. I can fire my guns. I can shoot Armadillo’s pretty much at will. All nice and legal. We hear lots of gunshots around here. And it is all legal so long as you are not shooting at someone.

You should find out what the laws are instead of imagining they are what you think they should be. Georgia law says that Armadillo’s are an invasive and destructive species and can be eliminated without any problem. No I am not out there every night hoping to kill one. I am just pointing out the laws may not say what you think they should.

Look kid, I could beat you with your own cannon before you could think about firing it,,,,,

PS Essentially gunpowder is a bomb

Ghost Guns are those weapons without serial numbers. No ability to track or trace the weapon. Some a made from unfinished frames in kit form. Most are imported from illegal manufacturers.

Santa Clarita shooting: Weapon used in Saugus High attack a 'ghost gun,' sheriff says

There is no way to know where the firearm came from. No way to find out if the seller was involved. Black market guns are here and have been for some time. Their numbers are increasing as more criminals turn to this route.

The more you restrict them, the more avenues will open up as it becomes more profitable for those criminals intent to break the law already.

Yeah, and moonshine is still a thriving industry.

A Blackpowder cannon is not covered by those firearms laws. Unless it is prohibited by local or state laws there is nothing to prevent you from buying and firing one. Again. If you knew half as much as you talk you would be an interesting debate opponent.

Can you buy gunpowder without an ID? Saying no would allow terrorist to buy their bombs here.

If you knew half as much as you talk you would be an interesting debate opponent.

Last time I bought Black Powder I didn’t need any. I can make a Cannon that uses Black Powder and it would be legal.

If this is true you could also make a pressure cooker bomb to take to the marathon.

Bombs are illegal. Unless you are legally allowed to use them to clear tree stumps or something in your state. Many Farmers have Dynamite for such purposes.

You should have watched the video. That homemade cannon was pretty accurate and impressive. It is not the only one.

The last time I bought black powder for my pistol, a .44 Cal cap and ball revolver, I didn’t show any ID. I bought a pound plus the caps. I already had the ball. I have been thinking of getting some more. I would need ffffg powder for the pan on the Flintlock rifle. I would probably want ffg for the barrel. I could probably use fffg without any problem.

Just because you think it is wrong doesn’t make it illegal. I can use Thermite made with ingredients I got from eBay legally on my property. I can fire my guns. I can shoot Armadillo’s pretty much at will. All nice and legal. We hear lots of gunshots around here. And it is all legal so long as you are not shooting at someone.

You should find out what the laws are instead of imagining they are what you think they should be. Georgia law says that Armadillo’s are an invasive and destructive species and can be eliminated without any problem. No I am not out there every night hoping to kill one. I am just pointing out the laws may not say what you think they should.

Look kid, I could beat you with your own cannon before you could think about firing it,,,,,

Now that you have been shown to be wrong we are reduced to my dad can beat up your dad?

It is not my fault that the law does not say what you think it should. It is not my fault that you do not understand. It is certainly not my fault that you do not want to learn. I do not make the laws. I do not make the rules. I do try to find out what the rules and laws are.

Now that you have been shown to be wrong we are reduced to my dad can beat up your dad?

It is not my fault that the law does not say what you think it should. It is not my fault that you do not understand. It is certainly not my fault that you do not want to learn. I do not make the laws. I do not make the rules. I do try to find out what the rules and laws are.

Make your homemade cannon, however be sure that if I see it I will whack you over the head with it, Witnesses will verify that I can do this

Make your homemade cannon, however be sure that if I see it I will whack you over the head with it, Witnesses will verify that I can do this

Obviously you don’t know how heavy those things are. I don’t care if you can bench press five hundred pounds. You aren’t picking up a cannon. As one example. A twelve pound gun. That is to say the ball is twelve pounds of iron. That gun can weigh two thousand pounds. A six pound gun weighs more than a thousand pounds. The big coastal defense guns fired a 68 pound ball of iron and weighed more than ten thousand pounds. Again if you had any clue what you were talking about this would be a lot more interesting.

Now that you have flexed your chairborne muscles. Let me ask you this. Why the hostility? I have not threatened you or anyone. I don’t want to harm another living soul. I am a former soldier and if you think impotent threats are going to anger me I am happy to disabuse you of that mistaken idea.

But in keeping with the spirit of the thread. My Dad can whip every man in Kentucky. And I can whip my Daddy. The joke is purportedly a quote from David Crocket. I hope it amuses you.

Our weak gun laws are why we have so many shootings.
Demonstrate the necessary relationship between US gun laws and the rate of shootings in the US.
Oh wait - you know you can't
Law enforcement isn’t regularly shot in countries with strong gun control
Demonstrate the necessary relationship between the gun laws in those countries and their rate of LEO shootings,
Oh wait - you know you can't.

Stop the lying.
The relationship is clear to anyone intelligent. We have weak laws and lots of guns. We lead in shootings and homicide. Law enforcement shoots and is shot at a much higher rate. Only a moron can deny the obvious.
Lol
Take out urban America and violent crime in this country is next to nothing… Progressive controlled urban America is where all of the criminals repeat their crimes. Fact
So eliminate most of the population. Now that would be really stupid.
So eliminate most of the population. Now that would be really stupid.
Or, that portion of the population can shut the fuck up and stop trying to ass fuck our rights.
:dunno:

You choose.

Yup, now they will ban the 98% complete lower. Easy.

I have a half dozen "ghost guns".

AR-15 lowers made from 80% receivers. Perfectly legal.

They are no more dangerous or a threat to anybody than the the other 25 ARs that I have that were manufactured with a factory serial number.
They are more dangerous because when used they can not be traced to anything.

You also do not know the metallurgy of the parts, which means nothing to morons

But you go on babbling

You are confused.

The 80% lowers that I completed are the same metallurgy as the factory lowers that I have.

They are only dangerous if used in a crime. None of my machined lowers have ever been used in a crime so they are not a threat to anybody.

Most of the high profile shootings of the last few years have been with gun purchased from a firearms dealer with a background check so the stupid gun control laws mean nothing.

We really don't need to know about traceability. We know where the gun crime is and who commits it. The great majority of shootings in this country is by druggies, gang bangers and minority street thugs in the Democrat controlled big city shitholes that don't adhere to any gun control law.

I don't even know of a shooting crime committed with a "ghost gun". If there a crime then it just as easy could have been committed with a stolen gun or one that has exchanged hands enough time so as not to be traceable.

Bitching about "Ghost Guns" is just another Libtard stupidity when it comes to the reality of gun crime in this country. They never focus on the failure of dealing effectively with the criminality of the minority community in the Democrat voting blocks of the big cities where most of the gun crime takes place.

Obviously you don’t know how heavy those things are. I don’t care if you can bench press five hundred pounds. You aren’t picking up a cannon. As one example. A twelve pound gun. That is to say the ball is twelve pounds of iron. That gun can weigh two thousand pounds. A six pound gun weighs more than a thousand pounds. The big coastal defense guns fired a 68 pound ball of iron and weighed more than ten thousand pounds. Again if you had any clue what you were talking about this would be a lot more interesting.

Now that you have flexed your chairborne muscles. Let me ask you this. Why the hostility? I have not threatened you or anyone. I don’t want to harm another living soul. I am a former soldier and if you think impotent threats are going to anger me I am happy to disabuse you of that mistaken idea.

But in keeping with the spirit of the thread. My Dad can whip every man in Kentucky. And I can whip my Daddy. The joke is purportedly a quote from David Crocket. I hope it amuses you.
200 years ago your cannon was state of the art, and even then it never hit anything. So congratulations on your horse drawn cart.....

PS No need to raise the cannon over your head, just direct your fall into the cannon

200 years ago your cannon was state of the art, and even then it never hit anything. So congratulations on your horse drawn cart.....

PS No need to raise the cannon over your head, just direct your fall into the cannon

042A5226-3AA8-4984-B7AD-771FDAA20499.jpeg

View attachment 291097
Pee pee drinker

They are no more dangerous or a threat to anybody than the the other 25 ARs that I have that were manufactured with a factory serial number.

But you go on babbling

The “Ghost” Guns can be assembled with parts that not only meet but exceed the minimum safe standards for the weapon from the original manufacturer. So metallurgy is not an issue. The same parts can be used to repair or upgrade an existing weapon. You can even use original parts from manufacturers.

Let’s take an AR. The part that is the “ghost” is the lower receiver. These are essentially the same for all AR type weapons. You can fit a long range accuracy upper receiver to a very inexpensive lower and it will shoot without any trouble. It fits and fires no problem. It is one of the reasons the modular design of the AR is popular. You can customize it any number of ways to suit your needs and wants.

The only thing that needs to be matched carefully is the bolt and chamber. Those need to be customized one to another. Never use another bolt in your AR. Each Bolt needs to be mated to its own rifle chamber.

People change parts all the time otherwise. A different trigger or spring to adjust the way the rifle shoots. I personally prefer a target trigger. It is very light and not suitable for combat style shooting. If you pull my trigger you will find it fires before your nail starts to turn white. This is good for longer range accuracy. It is too risky for combat style events. If I was participating in combat style events I would swap the trigger out for a less sensitive one.

In a way. Weapons are like golf clubs. Each club has something it is really good at. There is no one size fits all golf club. Just as there is no one size fits all firearm. The AR I use has a MOA setup. This means less than one MOA of variance in each shot. That is less than an inch at 100 yards. Less than five inches at five hundred and so on.

Think of it like this. Cars. There are more than a dozen brands of cars. Each brand has many different models. Each model has many different options. You can order the car you want set up the way you want to suit your needs. Everyone does not get the same car. Some get sporty cars. Others get basic cars. If you need to haul things you might get a truck. If you want to carry kids and such you might get a minivan. Or you might get a minivan and convert it to carry a stretcher for an invalided family member. Which is right?

You research the brands and models. You decide what you want based upon your own criteria. You pick the car that is right for you. People do the same with firearms.

There are others who customize the car. They put different wheels and tires on. They change components under the hood or even replace the entire engine or transmission. Some will build their car from the frame up. Nothing under the body is they way the maker put it there.

People do that with lots of things. Wardrobes. Computers. Furniture. The list is endless. Is a souped up Mustang with racing seats and a five point harness inherently less safe than a stock mustang? No. It is the way the car is driven. The souped up car may be driven like granny was behind the wheel on the streets. While the stock mustang is driven by an idiot with one point left on his license.

And just like cars, there are illegal mods. Things you can’t do to your guns. A hand cranked Gatling gun is legal. Attach your black and decker drill to the crank and it is now illegal.

But you go on babbling

The “Ghost” Guns can be assembled with parts that not only meet but exceed the minimum safe standards for the weapon from the original manufacturer. So metallurgy is not an issue. The same parts can be used to repair or upgrade an existing weapon. You can even use original parts from manufacturers.

Let’s take an AR. The part that is the “ghost” is the lower receiver. These are essentially the same for all AR type weapons. You can fit a long range accuracy upper receiver to a very inexpensive lower and it will shoot without any trouble. It fits and fires no problem. It is one of the reasons the modular design of the AR is popular. You can customize it any number of ways to suit your needs and wants.

The only thing that needs to be matched carefully is the bolt and chamber. Those need to be customized one to another. Never use another bolt in your AR. Each Bolt needs to be mated to its own rifle chamber.

People change parts all the time otherwise. A different trigger or spring to adjust the way the rifle shoots. I personally prefer a target trigger. It is very light and not suitable for combat style shooting. If you pull my trigger you will find it fires before your nail starts to turn white. This is good for longer range accuracy. It is too risky for combat style events. If I was participating in combat style events I would swap the trigger out for a less sensitive one.

In a way. Weapons are like golf clubs. Each club has something it is really good at. There is no one size fits all golf club. Just as there is no one size fits all firearm. The AR I use has a MOA setup. This means less than one MOA of variance in each shot. That is less than an inch at 100 yards. Less than five inches at five hundred and so on.

Think of it like this. Cars. There are more than a dozen brands of cars. Each brand has many different models. Each model has many different options. You can order the car you want set up the way you want to suit your needs. Everyone does not get the same car. Some get sporty cars. Others get basic cars. If you need to haul things you might get a truck. If you want to carry kids and such you might get a minivan. Or you might get a minivan and convert it to carry a stretcher for an invalided family member. Which is right?

You research the brands and models. You decide what you want based upon your own criteria. You pick the car that is right for you. People do the same with firearms.

There are others who customize the car. They put different wheels and tires on. They change components under the hood or even replace the entire engine or transmission. Some will build their car from the frame up. Nothing under the body is they way the maker put it there.

People do that with lots of things. Wardrobes. Computers. Furniture. The list is endless. Is a souped up Mustang with racing seats and a five point harness inherently less safe than a stock mustang? No. It is the way the car is driven. The souped up car may be driven like granny was behind the wheel on the streets. While the stock mustang is driven by an idiot with one point left on his license.

And just like cars, there are illegal mods. Things you can’t do to your guns. A hand cranked Gatling gun is legal. Attach your black and decker drill to the crank and it is now illegal.
Metallurgy is not an issue for you because you assemble guns made from unknown origin parts with no numbers to even sue the manufacturer when you blow part of your own head off. A competent shooter always begins with a competent weapon assembled, milled and fitted by a professional, not a fart kid bragging on the net

How do we refer to the 3,000 illegal weapons that the Obama administration gave to Mexican drug cartels?
It was 2,000, dipshit. 710 of them were recovered.

And the program was begun by Bush.

You are a liar by omission.
It was begun and stopped by Bush. Obama started it up again, so he doesn't even have the excuse that it was already happening when he got there.

But you go on babbling

Metallurgy is not an issue for you because you assemble guns made from unknown origin parts with no numbers to even sue the manufacturer when you blow part of your own head off. A competent shooter always begins with a competent weapon assembled, milled and fitted by a professional, not a fart kid bragging on the net

Two options here. Either you are studying weapons and applying the knowledge. Or you are again determined to fit the world into your own illusion. I am betting it is number two.

I say that because you obviously have no clue about the subject. More often than not the “aftermarket” parts are superior to the manufacturers parts. Better metal, finer milling. One example. Glock factory barrels are unable to fire non coated lead bullets. In other words, regular lead bullets. Not copper or otherwise jacketed. Just the lead. If you fire those in a Glock you lead the barrel, leaving a thin coat of lead on the interior surface. This will affect accuracy and functionality. You can swap out the barrel easily enough and get improved accuracy. The reason is the Glock is designed to be a combat style firearm. There is some wiggle room in the chamber. This allows dirty or corroded ammunition to be fired. It also reduces accuracy. An aftermarket barrel with traditional rifling is going to be tighter and have less wiggle room.

That gives you a more accurate weapon, and you can add a threaded barrel for a compensator. A silencer is an option if you get the ATF Tax stamp. But these barrels would technically be superior to the original barrel.

That is one small example. I won’t bother explaining what compensators do. I am sure with your long history of expertise you already know.

[

Excellent response but I would like to comment on that statement.

That is of course the conventional wisdom and certainly holds true to most rifles. However, I have assembled hundreds of ARs and have found that AR bolts are interchangeable with any barrel due to the fact that a mil spec tab/slot sets the headspace.

The only rule I have is to use a new bolt on a new barrel and a used bolt on a used barrel.

I would only worry about matching the bolt to the barrel if I was looking for critical sub MOA accuracy.

I never bother to headspace for a .223 AR barrel but I do it for the .308 AR-10 builds.

Of course in a well used upper receiver that little slot could get eroded so I always check that before installing another barrel. I found that out once in doing a retro build with a 50 year old upper receiver.

But you go on babbling

Two options here. Either you are studying weapons and applying the knowledge. Or you are again determined to fit the world into your own illusion. I am betting it is number two.

I say that because you obviously have no clue about the subject. More often than not the “aftermarket” parts are superior to the manufacturers parts. Better metal, finer milling. One example. Glock factory barrels are unable to fire non coated lead bullets. In other words, regular lead bullets. Not copper or otherwise jacketed. Just the lead. If you fire those in a Glock you lead the barrel, leaving a thin coat of lead on the interior surface. This will affect accuracy and functionality. You can swap out the barrel easily enough and get improved accuracy. The reason is the Glock is designed to be a combat style firearm. There is some wiggle room in the chamber. This allows dirty or corroded ammunition to be fired. It also reduces accuracy. An aftermarket barrel with traditional rifling is going to be tighter and have less wiggle room.

That gives you a more accurate weapon, and you can add a threaded barrel for a compensator. A silencer is an option if you get the ATF Tax stamp. But these barrels would technically be superior to the original barrel.

That is one small example. I won’t bother explaining what compensators do. I am sure with your long history of expertise you already know.
Actually idiots like you bragging that you are making home made guns give normal gun owners a bad rep.

When your unbalanced Frankenstein gun blows up in your face, I unfortunately will not be there.

Furthermore anyone stupid enough to have this discussion on the internet is either an inbred cow from west virginia, or an fbi agent, not that there is much difference between the two

CIAO

Forum List

Back