Another lie debunked-The 'Merit' Myth: The White Lies About Race-Conscious College Admissions

ALL RISE!

Tonights lesson:
Affirmative Action is government discrimination based on race. Nothing in your OP disproved that. Most of it was flat out lies.
No what it does is stop whites like you from continuing to practice discrimination.

White racists have whined every time a policy is made that allows others the same rights as them.

ALL RISE!

This afternoon's lesson:

Students for Fair Admissions v. President & Fellows of Harvard College.

In this case, the contention is that Asians are discriminated against based on the number of Asians turned down for Harvard admission. More than 30,000 students each year apply to Harvard. In 2019, there were 36,000 applicants for 1,600 slots. That meant 34,400 students of all races were not admitted. The claim is Asians get excluded to add black and Hispanic students. Ironically the claim is not made about Asians being passed over for white legacy students. Students for Fair Admissions claimed that Harvard violated Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Title VI “prohibits discrimination based on race, color, and national origin in federal financial assistance programs and activities.”

It is time to look at Blum's claim. He claims Asians are discriminated against in admissions. Harvard admission numbers do not support his claim. Asians are 6 percent of the American population, but they were 25.9 percent of the students entering Harvard in 2021. That is a full ten percentage points more than African Americans (15.9%) and more than double the percentage of both Hispanics (12.5%) and Native Americans (11%). In fact, there were more Asians admitted into Harvard than Hispanics and Native Americans combined. Additionally, a study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research and reported on the NBC.com website on September 20, 2019, revealed this:

Using publicly released reports, we examine the preferences Harvard gives for recruited athletes, legacies, those on the dean’s interest list, and children of faculty and staff (ALDCs). Among white admits, over 43% are ALDC. Among admits who are African American, Asian American, and Hispanic, the share is less than 16% each. Our model of admissions shows that roughly three quarters of white ALDC admits would have been rejected if they had been treated as white non-ALDCs. Removing preferences for athletes and legacies would significantly alter the racial distribution of admitted students, with the share of white admits falling and all other groups rising or remaining unchanged.”

Here, we see that whites are provided entry by a plethora of other preferences they would not qualify for if not for connections they have due to their race. The study shows that Asians are not adversely impacted because Harvard must admit blacks and Hispanics that are presumably unqualified. Instead, we see white ALDC students who would not qualify under any other circumstance who get accepted at more than double the percentage of Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans who meet the same criteria.

It is time to look at Blum's claim. He claims Asians are discriminated against in admissions. Harvard admission numbers do not support his claim. Asians are 6 percent of the American population, but they were 25.9 percent of the students entering Harvard in 2021.

What was the highest test score/GPA of a rejected Asian applicant?
What was the lowest test score/GPA of an accepted black applicant?

White racists have whined every time a policy is made that allows others the same rights as them.

No.....democrat party members have started wars, hanged black men and their republican allies, blown up black churches, enacted jim crow, and now, are segregating our country by race...again......

ALL RISE!

Tonights lesson:

No what it does is stop whites like you from continuing to practice discrimination.
Nope, it forces companies and universities to admit a given number of blacks. That's government enforced discrimination.

Asian immigrants come to this Country without a dime in their pockets and work hard and start businesses and become successful. Self described black spokesmen like Harriot do nothing but whine about "opportunity" while democrat politicians get away with claiming the black people are unable to obtain something as basic as a photo I.D. in the 21st century. Stop being a freaking victim. Go to school, stay off drugs and stop killing your own in abortions.

Asian immigrants come to this Country without a dime in their pockets and work hard and start businesses and become successful. Self described black spokesmen like Harriot do nothing but whine about "opportunity" while democrat politicians get away with claiming the black people are unable to obtain something as basic as a photo I.D. in the 21st century. Stop being a freaking victim. Go to school, stay off drugs and stop killing your own in abortions.
Incorrect. Asians come here on H1 visas and are given jobs. A lot of them, especially those from India come from wealth. Stop lying to yourself son. And stop repeating that stupid ass cracker racist crap.

Nope, it forces companies and universities to admit a given number of blacks. That's government enforced discrimination.
Incorrect. Whites, specifically white women have benefitted most from AA. Secondly, it ensures that blacks get jobs instead of companies giving all the jobs to whites.

What was the highest test score/GPA of a rejected Asian applicant?
What was the lowest test score/GPA of an accepted black applicant?
Irrelevant because test scores are not the only qualification. Furthermore, when you look at this case and admissions in the ALDC category more than double the whites are admitted than anyone else and most of them would not have qualified based on test scores.

Dude...you've made whining your thing. Don't you realize that? Go back and look at your posts...you've become pathetic.
I'm not the one whing boy. No matter how much your white racist ass tries to gaslight, I am presenting facts to your face that you are not man enough to deal with.

I'm not the one whing boy. No matter how much your white racist ass tries to gaslight, I am presenting facts to your face that you are not man enough to deal with.
Boy? I'm not a boy and I'm not a racist. You on the other hand act like a child and you're totally racist. Deal with that...

You're the one who is gas lighting. Your claims have been shot down by a dozen people.

Irrelevant because test scores are not the only qualification. Furthermore, when you look at this case and admissions in the ALDC category more than double the whites are admitted than anyone else and most of them would not have qualified based on test scores.
Whites makeup 70 percent of the population, nimrod, so white's get admitted at a lower rate than other minorities.

It's obvious that you were an AA admission.

Forum List

Back