Another Earthquake

Agnapostate

Rookie
Sep 19, 2008
The Quake State
I swear, I'm starting to believe those old rumors that California was going to break off and slide into the ocean. At the very least, we'll all be annihilated by a massive quake someday. :doubt:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Aaaw hell. Here's what will happen when it does:

Environuts will blame humans saying it's because of global warming.

Wingnuts from various religions will say it's their god punishing Cal..

Someone will blame Bush or Obama.

... and Fema, the CDC, and Homeland Security will reach out their hands for more money.

Then, after all that, some comedian will make a joke and someone will scream for more censorship.

Didn't feel a damn thing.

Then you must be one HEAVY sleeper. Reno had HUNDREDS of earth quakes called swarms, and the epicenter of most of them was less than five miles from me, and I felt EVERY ONE OF THEM that was over 3.0 in magnitude. I HATE earth quakes. The EARTH is NOT supposed to MOVE underneath your FEET. It goes against every sense your body has learned all your life. It's freakin' scary, and when they get up around 5.0, shit is REALLY rockin' and rollin'.

Last edited:
Didn't feel a damn thing.

Then you must be one HEAVY sleeper. Reno had HUNDREDS of earth quakes called swarms, and the epicenter of most of them was less than five miles from me, and I felt EVERY ONE OF THEM that was over 3.0 in magnitude. I HATE earth quakes. The EARTH is NOT supposed to MOVE underneath your FEET. It goes against every sense your body has learned all your life. It's freakin' scary, and when they get up around 5.0, shit is REALLY rockin' and rollin'.

Not a heavy sleeper, well I am but that didn't figure into my not feeling it. The Mrs. felt it, but she's hyper-sensitive to earth movement, she hates it. I think I didn't feel it because we're about 40 miles from the epicenter and it was eight miles down. Now, the Northridge quake, I felt that one. I lived about 7 miles from the epicenter at the time that one hit.

Long Beach: Everyone felt IT!

I was reading a book (the brother's bulger/howie carr) and then the quake hit. I thought there was a fight going on upstairs as the ceiling was jumping. Then the whole building shook (98 apt units). Then the windows started to rattle as my mind finally said E-A-R-T-H-Q-U-A-K-E!!! It was sort of cool. I will be more prepared for the next one because of it. I was part of that earthquake day a few months back...thought it was a joke. No more. But as longa s nobody gets hurt, I sorta like them (so far).

Long Beach: Everyone felt IT!

I was reading a book (the brother's bulger/howie carr) and then the quake hit. I thought there was a fight going on upstairs as the ceiling was jumping. Then the whole building shook (98 apt units). Then the windows started to rattle as my mind finally said E-A-R-T-H-Q-U-A-K-E!!! It was sort of cool. I will be more prepared for the next one because of it. I was part of that earthquake day a few months back...thought it was a joke. No more. But as longa s nobody gets hurt, I sorta like them (so far).

It felt alot stronger than a 4.7 - I had said it was at least a 6! The house was swaying from north to south, back and forth! Scary as all heck! Yep! The BIG one is around the corner. I have lived in CA for some years now and I have never been scared of earthquakes. Some how I'm alot less brave now.

I forgot to mention that I had felt some movement about 5/10 minutes prior to it hitting and just ignored it. I thought it was just a dizzy spell. No more! If I ever get advance notice, I will get under the strongest table/counter I have in the house. I will also phone my loved ones to alert them![/B]

Forum List

Back