Another Earthquake in CA: "Ring of Fire" Waking Up?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
I think this makes two good sized ones in CA in about 10 days. At any rate, the latest was in very southern CA and registered 4.2. You can see Hawaii, Alaska, and all down the Pacific is rumbling a little too. Yeesh.

I think this makes two good sized ones in CA in about 10 days. At any rate, the latest was in very southern CA and registered 4.2. You can see Hawaii, Alaska, and all down the Pacific is rumbling a little too. Yeesh.

Dang...now a 4+ down the Pacific in Chile, on top of one in Peru this morning.

Wimpy shit

Yes but it's my understanding that the activity rests...and then doesn't. Like in waves of activity.
Tectonic plates never rest.

Why do tectonic plates never stop moving?

Image result for Tectonic plates never rest.

The heat from radioactive processes within the planet's interior causes the plates to move, sometimes toward and sometimes away from each other. This movement is called plate motion, or tectonic shift.Sep 21, 2022

What is Tectonic Shift? - NOAA's National Ocean Service​

One of these days Jesus will ride a steed and hang in the clouds...I think they got the mode of transportation wrong.

My favorite part is the universe, the earth and stars, melting away. I mean that. C.S. Lewis put it roughly like, the universe will turn into something none of us can imagine--magnificent to some, terrifying to others.

Yes but it's my understanding that the activity rests...and then doesn't. Like in waves of activity.

As mankind perceives it yes, but the Earth is always in motion. It just happens so slowly that we live out entire lives without noticing.

Tectonic plates never rest.

Why do tectonic plates never stop moving?

Image result for Tectonic plates never rest.

The heat from radioactive processes within the planet's interior causes the plates to move, sometimes toward and sometimes away from each other. This movement is called plate motion, or tectonic shift.Sep 21, 2022

What is Tectonic Shift? - NOAA's National Ocean Service

It's amazing. We generally think we're "safe" while we're on this floating rock, held by gravity to an orbit, the magnetic field hopefully dulling deadly radiation...and the earth below us literally shifting all the time. Heh

My favorite part is the universe, the earth and stars, melting away. I mean that. C.S. Lewis put it roughly like, the universe will turn into something none of us can imagine--magnificent to some, terrifying to others.
All I ever got to do was prognosticate my future never have I been able to do universal activity.

california has earthquakes just about everyday somewhere...

Forum List

Back