Another Discussion

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I'm having an ongoing discussion in another thread- the topic of the HSA (NSA) spying on Americans came up.
I say it's unconstitutional, the opposing me poster claims it's ok and doesn't do what I claim- spying on Americans-
I don't get the naivete- more on that later if someone wants to argue it.
BOTH sides of the aisle have one goal and one goal only. Divide voters.
But, I digress:

A Headline on Yahoo this morning.

Now even the FBI is warning about your smart TV's security

Now, cynic that I am, I have to wonder what'supwithtthat? The FBI doesn't concern itself with our security unless there is an ulterior motive- can someone help me out here?

In the article I see this- which relates to the discussion I'm having in another thread.

In fact, some of the biggest exploits targeting smart TVs in recent years were developed by the Central Intelligence Agency, but were stolen. The files were later published online by WikiLeaks.

I have a Smart TV- a Smart Phone and a laptop- I tape over the camera on my laptop (because I was hacked once before which cost me 35bucks to the mfg to figure out how to get out of it- the hack showed me looking at my laptop) I can't see a camera on my TV and use it only for watching TV- the only internet I use on it is Amazon Prime movies and Dirtvision- so I may disappoint the spooks.
But, the fact remains, the article says the CIA spooks developed the "exploits"? LOL- is the FBI jealous?

The Washington Post earlier this year found that some of the most popular smart TV makers — including Samsung and LG — collect tons of information about what users are watching in order to help advertisers better target ads against their viewers and to suggest what to watch next, for example. The TV tracking problem became so problematic a few years ago that smart TV maker Vizio had to pay $2.2 million in fines after it was caught secretly collecting customer viewing data. Earlier this year, a separate class action suit related to the tracking again Vizio was allowed to go ahead.

I can attest that the ads I get could have come from "spying" on my computer, but, how does my tv know from what I watch on tv- watching and reading are not the same. I use my computer for reading and playing Solitaire and sending emails.

The bigger point being- the CIA, a revered spook agency, acesses your "privacy" if it so desires.
That is a direct violation of the 4th amendment- and those fuckheads are funded by BOTH sides of the aisle.

The very advanced devices can track what your eyes are seeing and if you like what you see.
Not even counting the voice tracking stuff. Something is always listening.

(p.s. you're not paranoid if they are really after you <g>)

Forum List

Back