Andy Rooney?

Seems to be a feasible idea.

Everyone needs to read this.

"CBS and Katie Couric must be in a panic and rushing to reassure everyone that this is not network policy--re Andy Rooney's commentary on prayer. Folks, this is the year that we RE-TAKE AMERICA!
Andy Rooney and his prayer:

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December. I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his Theory of Evolution.

Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game. So what's the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire Book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking Him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game.

“But it's a Christian prayer” some will argue.
Yes, and this is the United States of America, founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect -- somebody chanting Hare Krishna?

If I went to a football game in Jerusalem, I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.
If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad, I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer.
If I went to a ping pong match in China, I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha.
And I wouldn't be offended. It wouldn't bother me one bit.
When in Rome ......

“But what about the atheists?” is another argument. What about them? Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of earplugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer!

Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations.

Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating, to pray before we go to sleep. Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying.
God, help us. And if that last sentence offends you, well, just sue me.

The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we tell that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard that the vast majority doesn't care what they want. It is time that the majority rules! It's time we tell them, "You don't have to pray; you don't have to say the Pledge of Allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him.”

That is your right, and we will honor your right. But by golly you are no longer going to take our rights away! We are fighting back and we WILL WIN!

God bless us one and all...God bless America! Despite all our faults we are still the greatest nation of all. God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God.

Let's make 2019/2020 the year the silent majority is heard, and we put God back as the foundation of our families and institutions and our military forces come home from all the wars.

Keep looking up. Amen!"
Nah, andy can stop his whining and just say his own prayer before the game. Problem solved.
So can any student that wants to.
Absolutely. Just don't distract the class, as with any other activity. No,we have no obligation to take a special timeout for little johnny's voodoo chants.
Classes get distracted for any number of reasons. Is this the only reason you are selective about?

Classes get distracted for any number of reasons.
And we try to limit those. Obviously. What a stupid response,and in no way does it support making special considerations for every bit of archaic, magical horseshit that comes down the pipe.

Classes get distracted for any number of reasons.
And we try to limit those. Obviously. What a stupid response,and in no way does it support making special considerations for every bit of archaic, magical horseshit that comes down the pipe.
The stupid response was the one you just made.

It’s pretty obvious you have an ax to grind and it’s pretty obvious why.

magical horseshit that comes down the pipe.

Horse's do not shit in pipes...

The colloquialism is "down the Pike"

pike 3
(pīk)
n.
1. A turnpike.
2. Archaic
a. A tollgate on a turnpike.
b. A toll paid.
intr.v. piked, pik·ing, pikes
To move quickly.
Idiom:
come down the pike
Slang
To come into prominence: "a policy ... allowing for little flexibility if an important new singer comes down the pike" (Christian Science Monitor).

Dumbass...

magical horseshit that comes down the pipe.

Horse's do not shit in pipes...

The colloquialism is "down the Pike"

pike 3
(pīk)
n.
1. A turnpike.
2. Archaic
a. A tollgate on a turnpike.
b. A toll paid.
intr.v. piked, pik·ing, pikes
To move quickly.
Idiom:
come down the pike
Slang
To come into prominence: "a policy ... allowing for little flexibility if an important new singer comes down the pike" (Christian Science Monitor).

Dumbass...
Aw, the retard scored a point on a colloquialism. Retard 1, world 5 billion

"CBS and Katie Couric must be in a panic and rushing to reassure everyone that this is not network policy--re Andy Rooney's commentary on prayer. Folks, this is the year that we RE-TAKE AMERICA!

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December. I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his Theory of Evolution.

Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game. So what's the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire Book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking Him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game.

Yes, and this is the United States of America, founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect -- somebody chanting Hare Krishna?

If I went to a football game in Jerusalem, I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.
If I went to a ping pong match in China, I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha.
When in Rome ......

“But what about the atheists?” is another argument. What about them? Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of earplugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer!

Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations.

Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating, to pray before we go to sleep. Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying.

The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we tell that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard that the vast majority doesn't care what they want. It is time that the majority rules! It's time we tell them, "You don't have to pray; you don't have to say the Pledge of Allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him.”

That is your right, and we will honor your right. But by golly you are no longer going to take our rights away! We are fighting back and we WILL WIN!

God bless us one and all...God bless America! Despite all our faults we are still the greatest nation of all. God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God.

Let's make 2019/2020 the year the silent majority is heard, and we put God back as the foundation of our families and institutions and our military forces come home from all the wars.

Keep looking up. Amen!"

Let's make 2019/2020 the year the silent majority is heard

>>>>
b20499218037af5f99f6e6d15cb16846.png

~S~

Retard? That's not very nice or politically correct... For a liberal pos, you suck...
Does the whining ever end?

Nope...

Not whining at all there scoobie, just pointing out how triggered you get when you fail... The word retard is when used as a verb is kosher, no problem... But the Word Police have taken control of the noun and made a pejorative out of it... I know you are a card carrying member of the Liberal Word Police, so go turn yourself in and feel the shame that only liberals like yourself can feel...

Have your adult daycare worker read this to you, please...

3 Reasons Why Your Use of the Word "Retarded" Makes You Look Stupid

Retard? That's not very nice or politically correct... For a liberal pos, you suck...

Nope...

Not whining at all there scoobie, just pointing out how triggered you get when you fail... The word retard is when used as a verb is kosher, no problem... But the Word Police have taken control of the noun and made a pejorative out of it... I know you are a card carrying member of the Liberal Word Police, so go turn yourself in and feel the shame that only liberals like yourself can feel...

Have your adult daycare worker read this to you, please...

3 Reasons Why Your Use of the Word "Retarded" Makes You Look Stupid

I’m an atheist and have no problem if you pray

I do have a problem if you force your prayers on me or my family.

How does one force players on you....

Wait so you believe prayers work?

Some atheist you are believing in something you say doesn't exist.

I’m an atheist and have no problem if you pray

I do have a problem if you force your prayers on me or my family.
I simply don't know how anyone can force a prayer on you. You may hear someone praying, and they may even be praying for you and your family. HOWEVER, prayer isn't a spectator sport. One must feel the prayer and accept it into one's psyche sort to speak. I fully realize that Christians are bombarded far more by Atheistic, Hellenistic, Humanistic, Materialist rhetoric than you are faced with having my GOD in your face. I don't expect you to care or sympathize. However, I do expect you to be at least a little more thoughtful of why you and your loved ones exist, and perhaps consider their (if not your own) eternity just a little more deeply.

When in Rome ......

Keep looking up. Amen!"
Nah, andy can stop his whining and just say his own prayer before the game. Problem solved.
AND if someone wants a singing and instrumental extravaganza, they can simply go to a concert on their own time. HOWEVER, the halftime will be at least a little duller with their departure... It's not always about Y-O-U. Sometimes Y-O-U need to reflect upon the needs of your neighbor and realize that your unbelief (if real) will not be harmed in the least, and everyone else will have a small opportunity to reflect on their mortality --- even if it is at your expense...

Forum List

Back