Andy Reid Defends Butker

Why if that's not what he believes?

You are assuming that a career should be the goal. How many jobs on the planet are there that are truly more important than raising your children correctly? I would say it's less than 200. In the US less than 100. The chances of any one person getting one of those jobs is infinitesimal. On top of that it would seem that women have become less and less happy as we have moved away from "traditional" family roles and responsibilities. You can be upset but that fact, but it seems to be true. So why should we keep telling people the lie that they will be happier if dont follow that path?
If that is the case, using an event to celebrate obtaining a degree and proceeding into their career seems strange.

He basically told them you wasted your time and money going to college.

Why if that's not what he believes?

You are assuming that a career should be the goal. How many jobs on the planet are there that are truly more important than raising your children correctly? I would say it's less than 200. In the US less than 100. The chances of any one person getting one of those jobs is infinitesimal. On top of that it would seem that women have become less and less happy as we have moved away from "traditional" family roles and responsibilities. You can be upset but that fact, but it seems to be true. So why should we keep telling people the lie that they will be happier if dont follow that path?
Modern left/feminists are outraged by any message that isn’t “women should seek career, social success, and aggressively buck against men in the workplace.. hear me roar, women rule the world”

If that is the case, using an event to celebrate obtaining a degree and proceeding into their career seems strange.

No he didn’t, you’re just dishonest. Perhaps “the view” has an opening for you

in your words, what did he say?
He glorified motherhood to women, as it’s unique to women.

Women psychologically get happiness from being mothers. He said to not write off, or even strongly consider, embracing that, amidst a society that demands you seek a career and aggressive job success.. which we know causes higher depression in women.

He never said women shouldn’t seek a career. He supported motherhood, and feminists are outraged

That's your take I guess. I don't recall him saying all you women folk should go get married and pregnant immediately after this ceremony.

That's your take I guess. I don't recall him saying all you women folk should go get married and pregnant immediately after this ceremony.
That’s what MSM society immediately spun. They were that angry at someone glorifying motherhood and supporting strong men.

Indeed, but you’re judging what he never said. You’re judging a straw man
You know what, people play this 'word game' all the time, saying..."That's NOT what he said"
Like yesterday a poster claiming trump never said he "Would" testify.
Trump said everything from, "I'm Testifying" to "I would like to Testify" and the poster insisted that trump never said he would testify.

That’s what MSM society immediately spun. They were that angry at someone glorifying motherhood and supporting strong men.
And Screw all this MSM bs talk.
The media doesn't think for me, even though USMB posters insist that I'm this and I'm that.

IMO, he was speaking at a College and talking to Graduates of both sexes that actually went on to Higher Education to pursue a career. A career that IMO, doesn't necessarily mean that their intentions are to immediately get married and start raising a family.

So Butker saying it the way he did and to the crowd he was presenting to, just seemed a bit OFF to me.

He glorified motherhood to women, as it’s unique to women.

Women psychologically get happiness from being mothers. He said to not write off, or even strongly consider, embracing that, amidst a society that demands you seek a career and aggressive job success.. which we know causes higher depression in women.

He never said women shouldn’t seek a career. He supported motherhood, and feminists are outraged

His words….

think it is you the women who have had the most diabolical lies told to you,” going on to explain that those lies were about careers:

“I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.

“I cannot be overstated that all of my success is made possible because a girl I met back in middle school would convert to the faith become my wife and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker.

Isabelle’s dream of having a career might not have come true but if you ask her today if she has any regrets on her decision she would laugh out loud without hesitation and say heck no.”

His wife decided to give up her career and embrace motherhood.
Not a difficult sacrifice when you marry a professional athlete making millions a year

You know what, people play this 'word game' all the time, saying..."That's NOT what he said"
Like yesterday a poster claiming trump never said he "Would" testify.
Trump said everything from, "I'm Testifying" to "I would like to Testify" and the poster insisted that trump never said he would testify.
Each instance is pretty specific. I can’t speak for another poster on another topic.

In this instance, if you say Butker told women to not seek a career, you’d be wrong and lying

Isabelle’s dream of having a career might not have come true but if you ask her today if she has any regrets on her decision she would laugh out loud without hesitation and say heck no.”

His wife decided to give up her career and embrace motherhood.
Which turned out to make her more happy.

Where’s the problem?

Making things up about people you’re attacking does nothing. Grow up

Butkers claim of…..you should follow my wife’s example and stay home and make babies

Only makes sense to those in the audience marrying rich husbands.
The college goal of coeds in the 1950s

Butkers claim of…..you should follow my wife’s example and stay home and make babies

Only makes sense to those in the audience marrying rich husbands.
The college goal of coeds in the 1950s
Happiness from motherhood isn’t correlated with income. It’s natural behavioral psychology.

Nice try.. but, you’re wrong in your attempt. It honestly seems like you’re just spitballing, flailing to make up an excuse, or deflect

Last edited:
Each instance is pretty specific. I can’t speak for another poster on another topic.

In this instance, if you say Butker told women to not seek a career, you’d be wrong and lying
Just STOP with the wrong and lying claim.
You know exactly what I said.

Tell me where I said "Women to not seek a career"
You are doing exactly what you claimed I did.

I have a Niece that has 6 beautiful Children that she homeschooled (mostly, some public school) and I say she is a wonderful mother and wife, and that her CAREER has worked out just as she planned.

Forum List

Back