And yet another name change. John Wayne Airport

John Wayne was then the Hollywood legend, and I was on screen with him. The guy is an angel. He saved my life back then when no other filmmaker wanted to know me. —Rock Hudson

well, that sure blows a hole in Wayne being a bigot anyway.

John Wayne was then the Hollywood legend, and I was on screen with him. The guy is an angel. He saved my life back then when no other filmmaker wanted to know me. —Rock Hudson

well, that sure blows a hole in Wayne being a bigot anyway.
I never did hear of Wayne not liking gay actors since in the performing arts there is many.

Although Wayne did make a statement that would be thought of as racist today, most folks did not turn to Wayne for racial wisdom. If you really research the article in the OP you'll discover that those statements by Wayne came from a 1971 Playboy interviewer who asked him about Angela Davis.

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people."

As far as discriminating against blacks:

When asked about his own hiring practices, Wayne said that while he did not discriminate against black actors or crew members, he didn’t seek them out either: “I’ve directed two pictures, and I gave the blacks their proper position. I had a black slave in The Alamo, and I had a correct number of blacks in The Green Berets. If it’s supposed to be a black character, naturally I use a black actor. But I don’t go so far as hunting for positions for them. I think the Hollywood studios are carrying their tokenism a little too far. ...”

Look these are Wayne's own views. His actions really didn't reflect he was racist. Apparently, nowadays, one cannot even express their own private feeling without being labeled by the PC police. Obama made racist statements about white cops, should he be erased from history too?

Some are for it..some think it ridiculous. Meanwhile...Byrd's statue is still there in its place. When will it be removed because of hurt feelers?
Being a bigot is not his claim to fame. He is famous for his acting and the roles he played. The anti-history morons need to take a breath. Or in some cases a breathalyzer or drug screen, along with a bran muffin.

And just think, those statute removing geniuses just might be running things soon.
At the very lest, we've certainly been moving in that direction for decades.

Although Wayne did make a statement that would be thought of as racist today, most folks did not turn to Wayne for racial wisdom. If you really research the article in the OP you'll discover that those statements by Wayne came from a 1971 Playboy interviewer who asked him about Angela Davis.

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people."

When asked about his own hiring practices, Wayne said that while he did not discriminate against black actors or crew members, he didn’t seek them out either: “I’ve directed two pictures, and I gave the blacks their proper position. I had a black slave in The Alamo, and I had a correct number of blacks in The Green Berets. If it’s supposed to be a black character, naturally I use a black actor. But I don’t go so far as hunting for positions for them. I think the Hollywood studios are carrying their tokenism a little too far. ...”

Look these are Wayne's own views. His actions really didn't reflect he was racist. Apparently, nowadays, one cannot even express their own private feeling without being labeled by the PC police. Obama made racist statements about white cops, should he be erased from history too?
Obama never made racist comments about white cops. John Wayne was a racist but that's not why his statues should go. He was not an American hero. He was an actor that played heroes.

Some are for it..some think it ridiculous. Meanwhile...Byrd's statue is still there in its place. When will it be removed because of hurt feelers?
Being a bigot is not his claim to fame. He is famous for his acting and the roles he played. The anti-history morons need to take a breath. Or in some cases a breathalyzer or drug screen, along with a bran muffin.

And just think, those statute removing geniuses just might be running things soon.

When they run out of statues they will come for us.

Doesn't exactly send a thrill down my leg, but more of a shiver down my back. Both sides need to get control of their morons. I don't mind the pendulum gently swinging back and fourth as it has for close to 250 years but this erratic bull$hit is just that, BULL$HIT. What happened to the moderate conservatives on both side, I do not know. This "I, Me" generation wants everything now, I guess because they see people have it on TV.

I have the perfect method of determining which statues should be removed, and which one's not.

Measure the black vote support for that person. Anybody who had more than 25% of the black population vote for them, deserves a statue.

I like his attitude. And Angela Davis was a murdering traitor terrorist.

Obama never made racist comments about white cops. John Wayne was a racist but that's not why his statues should go. He was not an American hero. He was an actor that played heroes.
Why should his statue go? Isn't so.e of this going too far? I totally get the confederate memorials, but some of the others seem to be just destructive.

Forum List

Back