and Teamster President: ‘Chaos’ in Schools Since Obama-Era Discipline Policy, ‘No Accountability’...

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
...for Dangerous Behavior!!!

A Democrat state senator and a Teamsters president said the dramatic drop in school suspensions in New York City since the Obama-era policy urging more lenient forms of discipline for minority students has led to “chaos” and a lack of “accountability” for dangerous behavior.
New York state Sen. Leroy Comrie told CBS New York that schools in his Queens district are losing the confidence of parents.

“They’re taking their children to other schools even if they have to pay for private schools,” he said. “They don’t want to have to have their children in an environment where they’re assaulted and there’s no accountability.”

Read more... Officials Point to ‘Chaos’ in Schools Since Obama Discipline Policy

A Democrat state senator and a Teamsters president said the dramatic drop in school suspensions in New York City since the Obama-era policy urging more lenient forms of discipline for minority students has led to “chaos” and a lack of “accountability” for dangerous behavior.

New York state Sen. Leroy Comrie told CBS New York that schools in his Queens district are losing the confidence of parents.

“They’re taking their children to other schools even if they have to pay for private schools,” he said. “They don’t want to have to have their children in an environment where they’re assaulted and there’s no accountability.”

Read more... Officials Point to ‘Chaos’ in Schools Since Obama Discipline Policy

One of Obama's sad legacies. History will not be kind to him.

That's that "PRIDE" program. The same one that let that Broward County kid slip through the cracks.

It is everything. If the media could ever, ever get over their Orange Man Bad obsession, they would find a really big story coast-to-coast that is very disturbing and has big implications now and for the future.

Our kids are a hot mess.

They are a hot mess in the poshest, most upscale suburban schools. They are a hot mess in the urban schools. And by hot mess, I mean a violent hot mess. I mean they are violent even in elementary school, throwing furniture, hitting, biting, kicking, scratching and all manner of things. On the daily.

They are a hot mess mentally and emotionally. Suicides way up, anxiety, behavior disorders.

Again: this is a huge story. But the media can only cry about why Manafort won't get the death penalty and Orange Man Bad. So, here we are.

It is everything. If the media could ever, ever get over their Orange Man Bad obsession, they would find a really big story coast-to-coast that is very disturbing and has big implications now and for the future.

Our kids are a hot mess.

They are a hot mess in the poshest, most upscale suburban schools. They are a hot mess in the urban schools. And by hot mess, I mean a violent hot mess. I mean they are violent even in elementary school, throwing furniture, hitting, biting, kicking, scratching and all manner of things. On the daily.

They are a hot mess mentally and emotionally. Suicides way up, anxiety, behavior disorders.

Again: this is a huge story. But the media can only cry about why Manafort won't get the death penalty and Orange Man Bad. So, here we are.

Spare the rod and spoil the child. :dunno:

Our kids are a hot mess.

Here's a fun new one: "elopement". Little Johnny does not like what's going on in school, Little Johnny just runs out of school and into the busy street. This happens routinely now, in many schools.

Right. Imagine that. Then imagine why there are teacher shortages. Gee.

Our kids are a hot mess.

Here's a fun new one: "elopement". Little Johnny does not like what's going on in school, Little Johnny just runs out of school and into the busy street. This happens routinely now, in many schools.

Never heard of that. Link?

Our kids are a hot mess.

The principal at my school did not play. Everyone was scared of her. She was one of those ear-yanking palm-ruler smacking types. I remember she just looked at this one girl and said a little something, and the poor girl fainted.

If you got out of line, you got pulled back into line by your ear.

Our kids are a hot mess.

The principal at my school did not play. Everyone was scared of her. She was one of those ear-yanking palm-ruler smacking types. I remember she just looked at this one girl and said a little something, and the poor girl fainted.

Oh just to give you a taste of how far down things have gone. Not only can we not touch children to discipline THEM (which is okay by me actually, I think corporal punishment should ONLY be used by parents), but if children are beating us down we can't restrain them. The state law says we can, but new principal says we cannot. We must stand there and take their beatings until someone arrives to do I don't know what.

My husband has something to say about that. Of course, so does the law. By law, NO ONE is obligated to take a beat down and not even restrain the one doing the beating, even if the one doing the beating is a child. I will refrain from saying what I think of new principal's opinion in the matter. Okay, one thing: He is playing with fire.

Our kids are a hot mess.

Oh just to give you a taste of how far down things have gone. Not only can we not touch children to discipline THEM (which is okay by me actually, I think corporal punishment should ONLY be used by parents), but if children are beating us down we can't restrain them. The state law says we can, but new principal says we cannot. We must stand there and take their beatings until someone arrives to do I don't know what.

My husband has something to say about that. Of course, so does the law. By law, NO ONE is obligated to take a beat down and not even restrain the one doing the beating, even if the one doing the beating is a child. I will refrain from saying what I think of new principal's opinion in the matter. Okay, one thing: He is playing with fire.

Oh! This is happening to you, wow! When I was in school, the parents gave permission for corporal punishment. 90%+ did, too.

"Hell yeah, whoop that bad lil MFer's ass if he sass ya."

Our kids are a hot mess.

Oh! This is happening to you, wow! When I was in school, the parents gave permission for corporal punishment. 90%+ did, too.

This is part of the problem in 2019. Do not talk to my child like that, do not give the Teacher Eye to my child, do not correct my child, do not humiliate my child, do not make my child "feel bad".

Etc.

This is part of the problem in 2019. Do not talk to my child like that, do not give the Teacher Eye to my child, do not correct my child, do not humiliate my child, do not make my child "feel bad".

Etc.

Children have to be corrected, they're not going to get it right on their own, that's what adults are for.

I have a theory that the left want to create a generation of quasi-state babies that require institutionalization.

You probably have never seen a state baby, they're kept under the jail where they can't hurt anybody.

Etc.

Children have to be corrected, they're not going to get it right on their own, that's what adults are for.

You....would think so, yes. But no.

We have a strange dichotomy going in America right now, it seems to me. We have children of a certain demographic being neglected or abused. And we have children of the OTHER demographic being absolutely pampered beyond what they should be.

Example. I am a music teacher preparing fifth graders for concerts. In the Opinion Culture they are immersed in, they think Their Opinion Reigns. The minute they stop singing, they turn to one another and start giving their opinion at length. They are trained on this by their parents and their teachers. They. Know. Nothing. Nothing about the songs I have chosen. They are children. They have been on Earth for TEN YEARS.

Finally being my blunt self, I told them, a performance is not about YOUR OPINION. Your opinion does not even matter. I don't want to hear your opinion. The only opinion that matters is the opinion of the audience. Your job is to deliver the music in such an amazing way that they love ALL the songs no matter what YOU think of them. All these stars you love, you think they love singing these songs every night, a thousand nights in a row? No one cares if they love it. They do it. They have to do it.

They look at me like I am

SO OFFENSIVE

I have grown another head but then

Finally.......

Someone has broken them out of the absolute prison of the self. Wow! The arts, imagine that! I get to be someone else when I sing this song! It's not all about ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Okay, thanks for letting me vent

Etc.

We have a strange dichotomy going in America right now, it seems to me. We have children of a certain demographic being neglected or abused. And we have children of the OTHER demographic being absolutely pampered beyond what they should be.

Example. I am a music teacher preparing fifth graders for concerts. In the Opinion Culture they are immersed in, they think Their Opinion Reigns. The minute they stop singing, they turn to one another and start giving their opinion at length. They are trained on this by their parents and their teachers. They. Know. Nothing. Nothing about the songs I have chosen. They are children. They have been on Earth for TEN YEARS.

Finally being my blunt self, I told them, a performance is not about YOUR OPINION. Your opinion does not even matter. I don't want to hear your opinion. The only opinion that matters is the opinion of the audience. Your job is to deliver the music in such an amazing way that they love ALL the songs no matter what YOU think of them. All these stars you love, you think they love singing these songs every night, a thousand nights in a row? No one cares if they love it. They do it. They have to do it.

SO OFFENSIVE

Finally.......

Someone has broken them out of the absolute prison of the self. Wow! The arts, imagine that! I get to be someone else when I sing this song! It's not all about ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Music is all about discipline.

Etc.

SO OFFENSIVE

Finally.......

Music is all about discipline.

Thank you--it so much is, and it's bigger than we are, always. And this is SO GOOD for kids, never more so than in 2019. They're getting it. Once I make them swallow their opinions. :)

Regressives hate our country. The best way to ruin a society is to poison the minds of the children. They’ve been doing this for decades, and it’s gotten much worse in the last decade. Kids have little to no discipline, on drugs, and probably borderline mentally ill because of it.

Regressives hate our country. The best way to ruin a society is to poison the minds of the children. They’ve been doing this for decades, and it’s gotten much worse in the last decade. Kids have little to no discipline, on drugs, and probably borderline mentally ill because of it.

That ship needs turned around ASAP or we and they are going to have serious problems.

Forum List

Back