CDZ And people have the gall to talk about how they've been "left behind," about what they can't do...

Thanks. Where do all these Talking Points come from that people are always being accused of using? I mean it. Is there a site or something?

Rush Limbaugh, FoxNews, Reagan, Conservative Talk Radio...I'm not kidding.
Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why, 2011 Edition: Ian Fletcher: 9780578079677: Amazon.com: Books
Read this book and the author quotes a speech from, if I remember correctly, the 1600s or 1700s where the same bullshit was spewing from the elite.
It's as old as mankind.
Yes.
The best told lie of Free Trade (Supply Side Economics) is that the low wage nation will eventually catch up.
It never happens because Supply Side Economics DEPENDS on Slave Labor.
And after 40 years we see the lie that Ronald Reagan was paid to tell.

Again where is all the laughter now about cheap shit made in Japan?

You my friend are ignorant...

Unlike the US, Japan got their act together and created a Nationalistic economy.
It seems to have paid off.
Japan doesn't outsource to China like we do even though the elite in Japan wants it to happen.
YOU my friend are ignorant spouting Limbaugh talking points.
You won't even pay for a book.
Conservatism, like Liberalism, is a MENTAL disorder.

What are you talking about my friend I am not spouting any talking points, I lived through it the past 51 years and have read thousands of trade magazines

I know exactly what is happening in manufacturing in economics A to Z countries abroad.

Edit: I forgot what zone I was in

Last edited:
Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why, 2011 Edition: Ian Fletcher: 9780578079677: Amazon.com: Books
Read this book and the author quotes a speech from, if I remember correctly, the 1600s or 1700s where the same bullshit was spewing from the elite.
It's as old as mankind.
Yes.
The best told lie of Free Trade (Supply Side Economics) is that the low wage nation will eventually catch up.

Unlike the US, Japan got their act together and created a Nationalistic economy.
Japan doesn't outsource to China like we do even though the elite in Japan wants it to happen.

Screw you my friend I am not spouting any talking points, I lived through it the past 51 years and have read thousands of trade magazines

I know exactly what is happening in manufacturing in economics A to Z countries abroad.

You're full of shit.
I've lived through it in NYC 30+ years and I have yet to see the success of Supply Side.
Actually, I'm wrong...Supply Side HAS succeeded beyond the wildest dream of the top less than 1%.
And I ALSO read those publications aimed at the top less than 1%.
You think they're going to sell the truth?

The OP was not Copy & Paste.
The post where 320 starts his Talking Points is ALL Copy & Paste.

Post 13.
Thanks. Where do all these Talking Points come from that people are always being accused of using? I mean it. Is there a site or something?

It's as old as mankind.

If you read it at least give us an abstract..I know my local library don't have IT

I know tariffs and trade wars, the propaganda for it don't work.

Ian Fletcher goes through every Trade Deal the US has ever had and shows how it has resulted in a lopsided Economy.
He explains how the GDP is Smoke and Mirrors.
He explains Tariffs are the SOLE mechanism that works.
Especially as today, the wealthy are SO wealthy that they can afford to move back.
I know MANY people who own at least 4 houses; they can give up one.

That was a bad thought out abstract, simple economics 101 teaches about the dangers of trade wars.

I remember when I worked at a Japanese company and the rice wars was going on between California rice and Japanese rice..my Japanese coworkers told me California rice sucks and to expensive...

Jesus Christ rice is rice no matter where it is grown.
Actually, Carolina Gold rice (Anson Mills) is really good. They're right.

Boy, you sure didn't read the OP. I would suggest that to you, next time.

The OP was not Copy & Paste.
The post where 320 starts his Talking Points is ALL Copy & Paste.

Post 13.

It's as old as mankind.
Yes.
I could have told ya that. Human nature and all.

It's as old as mankind.

If you read it at least give us an abstract..I know my local library don't have IT

I know tariffs and trade wars, the propaganda for it don't work.

Ian Fletcher goes through every Trade Deal the US has ever had and shows how it has resulted in a lopsided Economy.
He explains how the GDP is Smoke and Mirrors.
He explains Tariffs are the SOLE mechanism that works.
Especially as today, the wealthy are SO wealthy that they can afford to move back.
I know MANY people who own at least 4 houses; they can give up one.

That was a bad thought out abstract, simple economics 101 teaches about the dangers of trade wars.

I remember when I worked at a Japanese company and the rice wars was going on between California rice and Japanese rice..my Japanese coworkers told me California rice sucks and to expensive...

Jesus Christ rice is rice no matter where it is grown.
Actually, Carolina Gold rice (Anson Mills) is really good. They're right.

A good product WILL sell AND make a profit...no matter WHERE it's made.

Maybe we should clarify what we're talking about.

I'm talking about any individual or group that is complaining about their inability to obtain a "good paying" job as a result of the domestic and trade policies that have been implemented in the U.S.
So, Let them eat cake?
I've read your reply, but it doesn't address my underlying question. Please explain how, in another of your threads yesterday, you argued that being very good at one thing doesn't generalize to whatever field of study you wish, yet here you argue that if someone was a skilled machinist in a paper mill for twenty years and knew it inside out, but the mill closed, somehow he is expected to become a talented musician or arborist and make it to the top?
A skilled machinist can get a job anywhere.

The U.S. Occupations at Greatest Risk of a Labor Shortage

That's the problem. Those without skills:

America has near record 5.8 million job openings

Hillary Clinton wants to educate Americans to fill those jobs that actually exist.

Trump wants to bring jobs back from China. Jobs that don't exist. He's just lying. Flat out lying.

I can get a job anywhere paying middle class wages, the problem is you have to start them young and liberals ruined generations of kids by saying it is ok for single mothers.

God damn all the tech training in the world can't teach kids the basic mechanical appitutde.

Red:
"Liberals" did not collectively do that. Individuals failed to take responsibility, ownership for themselves and they did it, for whatever reason(s), one by one.

Blue:
Given the nature of the shift in the global economy, comparatively few folks these days need or will benefit greatly from having well developed mechanical aptitudes. That skillset used to be in high demand. What is now greatly demanded by employers is analytical aptitude. That can be taught to folks of average or higher intellect, but, generally, it takes longer for a typical individual to build those skills than does developing the mechanical skills that were highly valued in the last millennium.

Maybe we should clarify what we're talking about.

I'm talking about any individual or group that is complaining about their inability to obtain a "good paying" job as a result of the domestic and trade policies that have been implemented in the U.S.
So, Let them eat cake?
I've read your reply, but it doesn't address my underlying question. Please explain how, in another of your threads yesterday, you argued that being very good at one thing doesn't generalize to whatever field of study you wish, yet here you argue that if someone was a skilled machinist in a paper mill for twenty years and knew it inside out, but the mill closed, somehow he is expected to become a talented musician or arborist and make it to the top?

Hillary Clinton wants to educate Americans to fill those jobs that actually exist.

Trump wants to bring jobs back from China. Jobs that don't exist. He's just lying. Flat out lying.

I can get a job anywhere paying middle class wages, the problem is you have to start them young and liberals ruined generations of kids by saying it is ok for single mothers.

God damn all the tech training in the world can't teach kids the basic mechanical appitutde.

Red:
"Liberals" did not collectively do that. Individuals failed to take responsibility, ownership for themselves and they did it, for whatever reason(s), one by one.

Blue:
Given the nature of the shift in the global economy, comparatively few folks these days need or will benefit greatly from having well developed mechanical aptitudes. That skillset used to be in high demand. What is now greatly demanded by employers is analytical aptitude. That can be taught to folks of average or higher intellect, but, generally, it takes longer for a typical individual to build those skills than does developing the mechanical skills that were highly valued in the last millennium.

And according to Bill Gates, who seems to live on Capitol Hill, that analytical ability can only come from India or an African nation.
What's a concrete example of analytical aptitude?
And why do employers use the meme...Americans don't have the skill-set, as in an ACTUAL skillset?

Screw you my friend I am not spouting any talking points, I lived through it the past 51 years and have read thousands of trade magazines

You're full of shit.
I've lived through it in NYC 30+ years and I have yet to see the success of Supply Side.
Actually, I'm wrong...Supply Side HAS succeeded beyond the wildest dream of the top less than 1%.
And I ALSO read those publications aimed at the top less than 1%.
You think they're going to sell the truth?

What is so hard for you to comprehend the feds?...and quantum easing or what ever you call it..

We seen the feds pump in like 85 million a month during the recession..it has nothing to deal with free trade.

You are stuck on not thinking critical when you see free trade propping up once third world countries right before our eyes.

So, Let them eat cake?

Red:

Blue:

And according to Bill Gates, who seems to live on Capitol Hill, that analytical ability can only come from India or an African nation.
And why do employers use the meme...Americans don't have the skill-set, as in an ACTUAL skillset?
Analytic thinking needs to be taught starting young. Their brains may not be matured enough to do abstract thinking until adolescence, but the procedures, the thinking steps involved, can become like second nature by then. Analytic thinking is being pushed by the Common Core and by the new GED tests, but it actually requires updated texts and materials and better prepared teachers. A lot of teachers are just good at it naturally, but abstract thinking .... it's not like learning Civics or Biology 101. American education needs a lot of work, from the inside out.

So, Let them eat cake?

Red:

Blue:

Just speaking from my 51 years on this planet and been In manufacturing for 32 years plus he is right.

It has to deal with liberals and saying single moms are ok. Encourging that social demographic.

I have been complaining about this for 10 years plus, the kids we are getting out of college and trade schools have book knowledge but not basic fundamentals in turning a wrench

This reminds me have to tell a coworker today " lefty losey rights tightly "

These kids I am getting don't have basic fundamentals of a mechanical amplitude.

You can't teach trouble shooting skills when they are 18, you can't teach mechanical appitutde at 18,

It starts at two years old...with a dad.

Mainers used to make great shoes. They've gone out of business because they couldn't compete with cheap stuff from China.

See...right there is a fine illustration of what I've been talking about.

Maine shoe manufacturers (cobblers) went out of business because they refused to avail themselves of the less dear labor (Chinese, Mexican, or robotic) that their competitors took advantage of. Simply, the "rules of the manufacturing game" changed, and they chose not to play by the new "rules." The consequence of that is that they now don't get to play at all.

Now, I suppose, you want to tell me that even the owners and managers of those factories are such dullards they too couldn't "read the writing one the wall" and see that the rules of the game had changed and that given the new "rules," they couldn't reason that there was no way for them to remain competitive using their then existing business model?

I'm sure those suppliers had their emotional reasons for not wanting to play by the "new rules," but we see where following their emotional motivations got them. So here we are with them fully out of business and that business now contributing nothing toward the betterment of the nation they claim matters to them. Seems to me it's better to contribute something than nothing.

So, Let them eat cake?

Red:

Blue:

Analytic thinking needs to be taught starting young. Their brains may not be matured enough to do abstract thinking until adolescence, but the procedures, the thinking steps involved, can become like second nature by then. Analytic thinking is being pushed by the Common Core and by the new GED tests, but it actually requires updated texts and materials and better prepared teachers. A lot of teachers are just good at it naturally, but abstract thinking .... it's not like learning Civics or Biology 101. American education needs a lot of work, from the inside out.

Thank you so much for that post, from the bottom of my heart

Mainers used to make great shoes. They've gone out of business because they couldn't compete with cheap stuff from China.

See...right there is a fine illustration of what I've been talking about.

Maine shoe manufacturers (cobblers) went out of business because they refused to avail themselves of the less dear labor (Chinese, Mexican, or robotic) that their competitors took advantage of. Simply, the "rules of the manufacturing game" changed, and they chose not to play by the new "rules." The consequence of that is that they now don't get to play at all.

Now, I suppose, you want to tell me that even the owners and managers of those factories are such dullards they too couldn't "read the writing one the wall" and see that the rules of the game had changed and that given the new "rules," they couldn't reason that there was no way for them to remain competitive using their then existing business model?

I'm sure those suppliers had their emotional reasons for not wanting to play by the "new rules," but we see where following their emotional motivations got them. So here we are with them fully out of business and that business now contributing nothing toward the betterment of the nation they claim matters to them. Seems to me it's better to contribute something than nothing.

Yea I agree and I have been saying all along countries have been under cutting other countries across the globe

Its a big circle that started in Europe..

So how did the German manufacturing of today remain so competitive against cheap foreign goods?

The answer is great education, great social family life., building high tech machines and intricate products.

Same with the Italians manufacturing base.

Quality and perfection.

So, Let them eat cake?

Red:

Blue:

I, in general, agree with you on that.

Red:
Ideally, yes. Starting young certainly eliminates the need to correct for years of nonexistent or poor analytical and critical thinking.

Blue and Pink:
I definitely agree with that, at least with regard to a material, even if not majority, share of public education strategy, topics, teachers and tactics.

Pink:
The texts are there. I know that because my children and mentorees have used them and they are quite adept at applying the lessons in those texts. I realize too that the textbooks alone aren't the solution, even though they are one part of it.

Fluorescent Green:
The most effective, but not necessarily the best, abstract thinkers are innovators. (That's not to say that every innovator is a good abstract thinker or that every good abstractionist is an innovator.) They focus on opportunities and how to bring them to fruition rather than impediments that impede making "their vision" come to light. They are not bound by what is or was, but can take what is or was and build upon it or transform it.

Abstract thinking (some folks call it "analytical thinking," others call it "critical thinking") is definitely different, but mastering the lessons of civics or biology calls for students to apply abstract thinking skills. I happen to think that every school subject provides opportunities for teaching and practicing abstract and critical thinking skills.

Life after school also provides ample opportunities to apply abstract thinking skills. I don't expect lots of folks to apply their abstract thinking skills to create new things like cell phones or new services like Airbnb. I do expect most folks to practically apply the little bit of abstract thinking it takes to "read the writing on the wall" and realize that they need reinnovate themselves so they can continue to work at a "good paying" job of some sort.

Last edited:

Red:

Blue:

I, in general, agree with you on that.

Red:
Ideally, yes. Starting young certainly eliminates the need to correct for years of nonexistent or poor analytical and critical thinking.

Blue and Pink:
I definitely agree with that, at least with regard to a material, even if not majority, share of public education strategy, topics, teachers and tactics.

Pink:
The texts are there. I know that because my children and mentorees have used them and they are quite adept at applying the lessons in those texts. I realize too that the textbooks alone aren't the solution, even thought they are one part of it.

Fluorescent Green:
The most effective, but not necessarily the best, abstract thinkers are innovators. (That's not to say that every innovator is a good abstract thinker or that every good abstractionist is an innovator.) They focus on opportunities and how to bring them to fruition rather than impediments that impede making "their vision" come to light. They are not bound by what is or was, but can take what is or was and build upon it or transform it.

Abstract thinking (some folks call it "analytical thinking," others call it "critical thinking") is definitely different, but mastering the lessons of civics or biology calls for students to apply abstract thinking skills. I happen to think that every school subject provides opportunities for teaching and practicing abstract and critical thinking skills.

Life after school also provides ample opportunities to apply abstract thinking skills. I don't expect lots of folks to apply their abstract thinking skills to create new things like cell phones or new services like Airbnb. I do expect most folks to practically apply the little bit of abstract thinking it takes to "read the writing on the wall" and realize that they need reinnovate themselves so they can continue to work at a "good paying" job of some sort.

Nice post you are pretty bright fellow on here, you understand both worlds, white collar and blue..this comment relates to both world's:

I do expect most folks to practically apply the little bit of abstract thinking it takes to "read the writing on the wall" and realize that they need reinnovate themselves so they can continue to work at a "good paying" job of some sort.

countries have been under cutting other countries across the globe

They have been in modern times at least. It may be they quite simply never didn't. Such is the nature of competition. As long as there are borders, that national behavior is not going to stop.

The microeconomic competition between Company A and Company B is fine. The macroeconomic competition between Country A and Country B is fine for whichever one is ahead or on the upswing, but not so fine for the other. If there were no borders, Companies A & B can engage in their own battles, but the people in and affected by each all prosper.

Overlaying the constructs that accompany national political borders is what creates "winners and losers." I happen to think that the area of the Earth is sufficiently well inhabited enough now that it's time to start working toward dissolving national political borders and managing the planet and its people as a whole rather than as an assortment of competing political spheres. I think that because the planet's resources are needed by all people and nobody has enough of all the ones it needs to exist as an "island." It wasn't that way just a few hundred years ago, but it is that way now and that's not going to change.

countries have been under cutting other countries across the globe

They have been in modern times at least. It may be they quite simply never didn't. Such is the nature of competition. As long as there are borders, that national behavior is not going to stop.

The microeconomic competition between Company A and Company B is fine. The macroeconomic competition between Country A and Country B is fine for whichever one is ahead or on the upswing, but not so fine for the other. If there were no borders, Companies A & B can engage in their own battles, but the people in and affected by each all prosper.

Overlaying the constructs that accompany national political borders is what creates "winners and losers." I happen to think that the area of the Earth is sufficiently well inhabited enough now that it's time to start working toward dissolving national political borders and managing the planet and its people as a whole rather than as an assortment of competing political spheres. I think that because the planet's resources are needed by all people and nobody has enough of all the ones it needs to exist as an "island." It wasn't that way just a few hundred years ago, but it is that way now and that's not going to change.

A lot of critical thinking in those words, it takes my breath away to think of a response..

Before that to happen I think the manufacturing circle, I was talking about has to take Its course and end up when Africa is built up with manufacturing hubs and Wal-Mart's coast to coast.

It will happen ..unless 3D printing And technology stops it in it's tracks.

Its a race now I think between technology and cheap labor who Will WIN before yours theory comes to light?

Sorry for spelling and grammar errors, but I think you get what I am saying...

So, Let them eat cake?

Red:

Blue:

I currently work with many tradesmen who have been hurt terribly by the global economy.
They have been able to accomplish things in what I, NOT being a tradesman, would have considered close to impossible.
Yet their careers have been crushed by Trespassers, Business Visas and Off-Shoring.

Red:

Blue:

I currently work with many tradesmen who have been hurt terribly by the global economy.
They have been able to accomplish things in what I, NOT being a tradesman, would have considered close to impossible.
Yet their careers have been crushed by Trespassers, Business Visas and Off-Shoring.

I am working with tradesmen now building an 80 million dollar plant by the Portuguese..

Just a low life maintenance man observing them and helping out when needed

I have German contractors, French contractors " we all call them peppy da pue" Portuguese, Spanish, Mexicans,

My company I work for is a national effort in South carolina and no one is getting crushed by free trade.

Red:

Blue:

I am working with tradesmen now building an 80 million dollar plant by the Portuguese..

Just a low life maintenance man observing them and helping out when needed

I have German contractors, French contractors " we all call them peppy da pue" Portuguese, Spanish, Mexicans,

My company I work for is a national effort in South carolina and no one is getting crushed by free trade.

In the US?
If so, great!
I wish this would happen more often.
My son-in-law who is involved in Commercial and Industrial Real Estate tells me that Miami is being built 99% by Mexicans.
I presume they are not Illegals.

Forum List

Back