An alert we are not getting from experts.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
I went into Walmart yesterday to buy some disposable masks; there were none in the store. Like the 1918 pandemic, mask wearing is ubiquitous to prevent the spread of droplets from person to person. It may have some preventative effect, it may not. There were plenty of reusable masks available on shelves with logos and pictures of sports teams on them. There is burgeoning cottage industry of monogrammed reusable masks underway and I am not sure if that is a good idea.

A mask is essentially a facial diaper and it is probably loaded with similar bacteria and other infectious organisms as diapers worn by toddlers or older adults with incontinence issues. So, facial diapers called masks almost certainly carry risks especially if they are not dutifully kept clean with daily washing. We all know this almost certainly not happening.

When people breath they expel bacteria and carbon dioxide away from their lungs. That is why we breath in the first place. Putting a barrier over the nose and the mouth blocks a very important aspect of pulmonary health and it will likely increase the incidence of bacterial pneumonia as time goes by. Wait for this in the news cycle if the virus surges in the fall and mask wearing continues on a large scale.

One thing you can do is avoid reusable masks no matter what stylish depictions they have on them. I tell you this because doctors and researchers are not alerting us to this very serious issue for some reason.

Last edited:
I went into Walmart yesterday to buy some disposable masks; there were none in the store. Like the 1918 pandemic, mask wearing is ubiquitous to prevent the spread of droplets from person to person. It may have some preventative effect, it may not. There were plenty of reusable masks available on shelves with logos and pictures of sports teams on them. There is burgeoning cottage industry of monogrammed reusable masks underway and I am not sure if that is a good idea.

A mask is essentially a facial diaper and it is probably loaded with similar bacteria and other infectious organisms as diapers worn by toddlers or older adults with incontinence issues. So, facial diapers called masks almost certainly carry risks especially if they are not dutifully kept clean with daily washing. We all know this almost certainly not happening.

When people breath they expel bacteria and carbon dioxide away from their lungs. That is why we breath in the first place. Putting a barrier over the nose and the mouth blocks a very important aspect of pulmonary health and it will likely increase the incidence of bacterial pneumonia as time goes by. Wait for this in the news cycle if the virus surges in the fall and mask wearing continues on a large scale.

One thing you can do is avoid reusable masks no matter what stylish depictions they have on them. I tell you this because doctors and researchers are not alerting us to this very serious issue for some reason.
I saw several black women walking around with designer face-masks....encrusted with shiny adornments and other decorations.
Before wearing a mask became political half of the blacks seemed to refuse to wear them. Now just about the only people I see not wearing them are whites....especially red-necks. But blacks are just about all wearing them...even outdoors.
Now if we could only make up something that will keep the motherfuckers from illegally parking in handicapped spaces at Walmart.

I saw several black women walking around with designer face-masks....encrusted with shiny adornments and other decorations.
Before wearing a mask became political half of the blacks seemed to refuse to wear them. Now just about the only people I see not wearing them are whites....especially red-necks. But blacks are just about all wearing them...even outdoors.
Now if we could only make up something that will keep the motherfuckers from illegally parking in handicapped spaces at Walmart.

The black community, since they were identified as at higher risk of death from covid, have been wearing masks, ritually.... unlike the white community, who are a mixed bag.

If the lungs cannot clear themselves as they were designed to do by nature then consequences will arise. Tie a sack around your car's tailpipe and see what happens.

The black community, since they were identified as at higher risk of death from covid, have been wearing masks, ritually.... unlike the white community, who are a mixed bag.
And you actually believe that nonsense?
Jesus.
You're dumber than I thought you were.

If the lungs cannot clear themselves as they were designed to do by nature then consequences will arise. Put a plug in you car's tailpipe and see what happens.
Ray, you're suppose to have several reuseables, not just one, and you are suppose to wash them, after use....

Are people following that guidance? I ho p e so!

But the disposable, surgical mask ones, are best and healthiest. Look on line, Amazon has some...

Jesus.
What nonsense? :)

Do you think long-term interference in lung clearance could cause more serious problems than viral infections? Watch for it.

Do you think long-term interference in lung clearance could cause more serious problems than viral infections? Watch for it.

Medical professionals wear masks throughout their careers.

They do not see a rise in viral infections

Jesus.
What nonsense? :)
Blacks are not more susceptible to catching the disease.
There is no scientific data that points to that.
The only reason that anyone used that fake excuse is because they were pandering to them.

The military loves their gas masks and they are hard to breathe through, and they love them on hot days..They have been in use for over one hundred years...

Your bodies are accustomed to your flora, so much less chance of infection, contrary to the purist caucasoid problem in the story of American polio. With a mask, you are on the US side of the American border. That blacks are more susceptible is debatable.

When people breath they expel bacteria and carbon dioxide away from their lungs. That is why we breath in the first place. Putting a barrier over the nose and the mouth blocks a very important aspect of pulmonary health and it will likely increase the incidence of bacterial pneumonia as time goes by

This is why many refuse to wear masks in the first place, regardless of disposable or reusable. Less about politics and more about personal health. But as with all things 2020, everything is turned political.

Confounding increased CO2 with pneumonia complicates the reasoning, because younger people are generally less susceptible to pneumonia than older adults.

Medical professionals wear masks throughout their careers.

They do not see a rise in viral infections
They do not wear them everywhere they go.

Most only wear masks in public not at home
Which for working people is 40-50 hours a week. It creates health issues for those that wear them. In fact OSHA has regulations on length of time and oxygen levels that need to be maintained. If they were safe to wear we’d all be wearing them all the time.

Forum List

Back