Among the warriors: Extraordinary photos portray the lives of the Kurdish volunteers resisting Isis

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
If only all those fighting ISIS were as brave as the Kurds, I think the war would have ended long ago.

Among the warriors: Extraordinary photos portray the lives of the Kurdish volunteers resisting Isis in Syria and Iraq

Kurdistan-7.jpg

Joey Lawrence's challenge lay in 'humanising the most distant of situations'

JOEY LAWRENCE

Friday 05 June 2015

In Kurdish regions of Iraq and Syria, volunteer fighters have played decisive roles in battles against Isis and other militant organisations. Despite meagre official government support and only light weapons, the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), People’s Protection Units (YPG), and Women’s Protection Units (YPJ) guerrilla groups are unwaveringly motivated.

Brothers, sisters, farmers and university students have taken up arms together against a common enemy – radical jihadiist groups that contest the secular social reformations in Kurdistan.

Continue reading at:

Among the warriors Extraordinary photos portray the lives of the Kurdish volunteers resisting Isis in Syria and Iraq - Middle East - World - The Independent

They may not be fighting much longer, They're desperately short of anti-tank weapons and ammo in general.

The US sends all the crap to Baghdad so they can let it fall into the hands of IS when their troops run for their lives.

They may not be fighting much longer, They're desperately short of anti-tank weapons and ammo in general.

The US sends all the crap to Baghdad so they can let it fall into the hands of IS when their troops run for their lives.
The US has been informed about that and now drops the arms directly to ISIS.

If only all those fighting ISIS were as brave as the Kurds, I think the war would have ended long ago.

Among the warriors: Extraordinary photos portray the lives of the Kurdish volunteers resisting Isis in Syria and Iraq

Kurdistan-7.jpg

Joey Lawrence's challenge lay in 'humanising the most distant of situations'

JOEY LAWRENCE

Friday 05 June 2015

In Kurdish regions of Iraq and Syria, volunteer fighters have played decisive roles in battles against Isis and other militant organisations. Despite meagre official government support and only light weapons, the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), People’s Protection Units (YPG), and Women’s Protection Units (YPJ) guerrilla groups are unwaveringly motivated.

Brothers, sisters, farmers and university students have taken up arms together against a common enemy – radical jihadiist groups that contest the secular social reformations in Kurdistan.

Continue reading at:

Among the warriors Extraordinary photos portray the lives of the Kurdish volunteers resisting Isis in Syria and Iraq - Middle East - World - The Independent
Do tell ...... :cool:

Common sense will tell you that the equipment fell into the hands of ISIS after the Iraqis fled. The U.S. led coalition has killed approx. 10,000 members of ISIS so they certainly are not dropping arms and other equipment to ISIS.

Common sense will tell you that the equipment fell into the hands of ISIS after the Iraqis fled. The U.S. led coalition has killed approx. 10,000 members of ISIS so they certainly are not dropping arms and other equipment to ISIS.
The Iraqis don´t agree to you

"On Saturday, MP Majid al-Ghraoui said that, an American aircraft dropped a load of weapons and equipment into the hands of the ISIS group militants in southeast of Tikrit, located in Salahuddin province.

MP Majid al-Ghraoui, the member of the Security and Defense Committee in the Parliament, said: “The information that has reached us in the security and defense committee indicates that an American aircraft dropped a load of weapons and equipment to the ISIS group militants at the area of al-Dour in the province of Salahuddin.”

He added, “The committee will set a meeting within the next few days to follow up on that incident,” pointing out that, “This incident is continuously happening and has also occurred in some other regions.”"

American aircraft dropped weapons to ISIS says MP - Iraqi News

"On Saturday, MP Majid al-Ghraoui said that, an American aircraft dropped a load of weapons and equipment into the hands of the ISIS group militants in southeast of Tikrit, located in Salahuddin province.

MP Majid al-Ghraoui, the member of the Security and Defense Committee in the Parliament, said: “The information that has reached us in the security and defense committee indicates that an American aircraft dropped a load of weapons and equipment to the ISIS group militants at the area of al-Dour in the province of Salahuddin.”

He added, “The committee will set a meeting within the next few days to follow up on that incident,” pointing out that, “This incident is continuously happening and has also occurred in some other regions.”"

The General received the information second hand. The pilot might have had the wrong coordinates on where to drop the supplies to the Iraqis. It costs the U.S. plenty of money to have those planes flying with the coalition so they certainly are not going to waste money on giving supplies to ISIS while targeting them at the same time.

By the way, this thread is about the Kurds, those brave people fighting against the terrorists. I realize you are a wimp and could never be like them, but could we stick to the subject of the Kurds? I swear. the Little Boy sticks his nose in every one of my threads and I don't even bother with his. Maybe it is because there is nothing else for him to do in the nut house..

The General received the information second hand. The pilot might have had the wrong coordinates on where to drop the supplies to the Iraqis. It costs the U.S. plenty of money to have those planes flying with the coalition so they certainly are not going to waste money on giving supplies to ISIS while targeting them at the same time.

By the way, this thread is about the Kurds, those brave people fighting against the terrorists. I realize you are a wimp and could never be like them, but could we stick to the subject of the Kurds? I swear. the Little Boy sticks his nose in every one of my threads and I don't even bother with his. Maybe it is because there is nothing else for him to do in the nut house..
What about the Nusra "eyewitness" on whose statements you take an oath each day? Are they more credible than the Iraqis?

What about the Nusra "eyewitness" on whose statements you take an oath each day? Are they more credible than the Iraqis?

As everyone can see, the mentally unbalanced Little Boy is still trying to shield his beloved Assad from being responsible for having his helicopters drop barrel bombs on innocent Syrian civilians. He wants all the readers to believe that the doctors helping out in the areas plus the White Helmets and ordinary Syrian civilians are all lying about whose helicopters are dropping these bombs. I don't think anyone here is silly enough to fall for his baloney.

As everyone can see, the mentally unbalanced Little Boy is still trying to shield his beloved Assad from being responsible for having his helicopters drop barrel bombs on innocent Syrian civilians. He wants all the readers to believe that the doctors helping out in the areas plus the White Helmets and ordinary Syrian civilians are all lying about whose helicopters are dropping these bombs. I don't think anyone here is silly enough to fall for his baloney.

......and follow Bashar down the proverbial drain into the sewage.

Look at the Sally that considers al-Nusra more credible than the Iraqi government.

......and follow Bashar down the proverbial drain into the sewage.
Even that would have to be cleaned from scum like you before.

Look at the Sally that considers al-Nusra more credible than the Iraqi government.

Just because a mentally deranged person doesn't like a certain group because of the news they report, that doesn't means that this group doesn't report the news accurately. Maybe the mentally deranged person should forget about this group since he doesn't like them accusing his beloved having his helicopters drop barrel bombs and should stick with the comics instead. Meanwhile, as you can see this entire thread has gotten away from the brave Kurds because the mentally deranged person likes to start to deflect threads.

Do you have any evidence for your claim or are you just citing al-Nusra for your inhuman propaganda purposes?

Just because a mentally deranged person doesn't like a certain group because of the news they report, that doesn't means that this group doesn't report the news accurately. Maybe the mentally deranged person should forget about this group since he doesn't like them accusing his beloved having his helicopters drop barrel bombs and should stick with the comics instead. Meanwhile, as you can see this entire thread has gotten away from the brave Kurds because the mentally deranged person likes to start to deflect threads.

Forum List

Back