America's exit means one thing: Peace.

Of course we did. We were running arms out of Libya to fund the "terrorists" in Syria and it all blew up in our faces.

No we weren't running arms in Libya. The Annex was a listening operation to identify Eastern Tribes that would support a return to the Idris Constitution.

Libya was awash in weapons because Gaddafi had been on a two year spending spree.. Before Gaddafi was killed some ISIS had already moved in to Eastern Libya like a temporary sanctuary.

The US couldn't save Gaddafi short of a huge occupation force. The people hated his guts.. All his police, military and body guards were foreign mercenaries.

Our goal was to stop Afghanistan from harboring terrorist groups like al Qaeda.

It remains to be seen if we failed or not.

If the Taliban harbor terrorists in Afghanistan once again, we've failed.

The Taliban have said that they won't harbor terrorists, but we'll see.

I remember all their nonsense. It was in no way a legitimate "offer", they were playing us. They won.

No doubt.

We should have merely bombed Afghanistan until the coughed up Bin Laden - or they were all dead. Invading and occupying was stupid.

We couldn't (or wouldn't) catch OBL.

I remember all their nonsense. It was in no way a legitimate "offer", they were playing us. They won.

No doubt.

We should have merely bombed Afghanistan until the coughed up Bin Laden - or they were all dead. Invading and occupying was stupid.

Why? The Taliban were not attached to OBL.. He was an outsider.

We were in the wrong in Afghanistan.. Show a little courage.

No we weren't running arms in Libya. The Annex was a listening operation to identify Eastern Tribes that would support a return to the Idris Constitution.

Libya was awash in weapons because Gaddafi had been on a two year spending spree.. Before Gaddafi was killed some ISIS had already moved in to Eastern Libya like a temporary sanctuary.

The US couldn't save Gaddafi short of a huge occupation force. The people hated his guts.. All his police, military and body guards were foreign mercenaries.

Deceitfulness about Libya is one of the big reasons Hillary lost. Trump didn't defeat Hillary. Obama, Hillary and people like yourself did.

That's not true. The Taliban offered to turn OBL in to the US three times.

Deceitfulness about Libya is one of the big reasons Hillary lost. Trump didn't defeat Hillary. Obama, Hillary and people like yourself did.

I used to live in Libya and I know the politics well. I told you the truth.

You just don't like the truth. We couldn't save Libya or Gaddafi.

I used to live in Libya and I know the politics well. I told you the truth.

You just don't like the truth. We couldn't save Libya or Gaddafi.

We had no business trying and has nothing to do with what I said.

Why? The Taliban were not attached to OBL.. He was an outsider.
Al-Qaeda set up a base in Afghanistan. They were harboring terrorists, terrorist who attacked us. We have every right to attack them.
We were in the wrong in Afghanistan.. Show a little courage.
Fuck you and your fake appeals to "courage".

Fact is, I agree we were in the wrong in Afghanistan. We should have never invaded. But if a country harbors terrorists who attack us, and they refuse to assist us in apprehending them - then they are our enemy and should expect to be attacked.

Involving America in a conventional ground war in Afghanistan was a lawless failure from the outset.

The goal was to ‘nation build’ as a ‘bulwark’ against terrorism, likewise a failure.

It was naïve to believe that the corrupt Afghan government and incompetent Afghan military would be a good-faith ally of the United States in the fight against terrorism.

Al-Qaeda set up a base in Afghanistan. They were harboring terrorists, terrorist who attacked us. We have every right to attack them.

Fact is, I agree we were in the wrong in Afghanistan. We should have never invaded. But if a country harbors terrorists who attack us, and they refuse to assist us in apprehending them - then they are our enemy and should expect to be attacked.

We refused to turn the Shah over to Iran. The Shah murdered thousands of Iranian's over the years. They wanted to put him on trial. We refused.

There is likely no way Afghanistan could have even if they wanted to. We couldn't catch him so I don't know why you think they could or should have.

AQ went to Afghanistan to build roads and guard roads in 1979.. They never numbered more than 200 people.

The Taliban offered to turn OBL over in 1998 after the bombing of the USS Cole.

You still don't know who is who in Afghanistan.

We refused to turn the Shah over to Iraq. The Shah murdered thousands of Iraqi's over the years. They wanted to put him on trial. We refused.
Yep. That's a large part of what spawned Al-Qaeda and led to 9/11
There is likely no way Afghanistan could have even if they wanted to. We couldn't catch him so I don't know why you think they could or should have.
Then they could have made such a plea. They could have said - "we won't stand in your way going after him, but we can't pull it off". But they didn't.

Probably not. Stocks will fall and we will need a vehicle to drive them again.
It’s as if America is addicted to war.

They sound like cliché conspiracy theories but are fundamentally valid: the MIC, war is good for the economy, the Orwellian need of the state to have an enemy to fight against, war as a rite of passage for young men, if America doesn’t stand up against evil in the world, who will, war and militarism as an expression of patriotism and love of country.

For militarists and warmongers, the ‘war’ against ‘terrorism’ and ‘Afghanistan’ were the perfect war, the preputial war, the endless war America would neither win nor lose.

It’s naïve to believe it won’t happen again.

Yep. That's a large part of what spawned Al-Qaeda and led to 9/11

Then they could have made such a plea. They could have said - "we won't stand in your way going after him, but we can't pull it off". But they didn't.
And this is an example of the militarists and warmongers who desperately try to ‘justify’ endless war against terrorism where a conventional military approach will not only fail to defeat terrorism, but it will also foment the growth of terrorism.

Should the Taliban somehow facilitate terrorism in the future, it will be the consequence of America’s failed, illegal war in Afghanistan.

They would have a valid reason to retaliate just like those who came the first time did.
Exactly. There is always a never ending reason to retaliate violently against people, isn't there.

People suck, or is it only Americans that suck?. No, that can't be it cuz the Left says Zionists are bad too.

Enjoy your jihad with your brethren as you destroy America.

And this is an example of the militarists and warmongers who desperately try to ‘justify’ endless war against terrorism where a conventional military approach will not only fail to defeat terrorism, but it will also foment the growth of terrorism.

Should the Taliban somehow facilitate terrorism in the future, it will be the consequence of America’s failed, illegal war in Afghanistan.

The argument here is that Afghanistan should have allowed us to do something we would never consider allowing another countries military to do here.

Iran: So since you won't turn the Shah over to us, we will come in and get him. Cool?

Forum List

Back