Americans Don't Think The Economy Is Going So Great

potatoes were 1.99 for 10 lbs, they went up to 8.99 for 10 lbs (recently dropped in price)

a sandwich that used to cost 5.99 is now 16.99

I used to pay $450 for fuel oil and now I pay $850
I pay $2.49 a 10 lb bag of potatoes, and, yes, it's coming down

Buy another new sandwich. Jeez, use your head.

What was the price per gallon then and now.

yet, I have thousands of examples in these threads that prove I do back up my claims, care to take a look in energy and the environment, or maybe we could look at my comments about the MOSLEMS
Nope, you are not. You make allegations without sources.

what about these?

or this

what about these?
You are quoting USMB? Really? Grow up. We were talking about potatos and sandwiches, and I called out your nonsense.

You are quoting USMB? Really? Grow up. We were talking about potatos and sandwiches, and I called out your nonsense.
you want proof the price of potatoes went from 1.99 to 8 bucks? Or that butter went from 1.99 to 4.99
Bread, Fuel Oil, you need proof of the extreme jump in price?

Anybody who shops or owns a home knows the price has more than doubled. Anbody who drives a car has seen the price of gas more than double.

I find that those who need proof are always wrong

since biden has taken office, fuel oil to heat homes has more than doubled in price, I all that much more than inflation, or high inflation. I say it is hyper inflation

electra snow knows nothing and can't provide sources. We never paid prices like that for sandwiches, potatoes, or twice the price in gas. If she is, then she is a lousy shopper who knows nothing.

potatoes were 1.99 for 10 lbs, they went up to 8.99 for 10 lbs (recently dropped in price)

bullshit. They never got below 71 cents a pound and never got above 1.04.

1702162502270.png

Despite a record number of Americans feeling bad about their personal economies the left continue trying to beat into them that things are going just great. Don't listen to conspiracy theories from Fox News and the right. Facts and figures will show you how great things are.

Despite signs inflation might be improving, a majority of Americans this fall felt the economy was making food insecurity worse for millions of low-income people in the U.S.

Last year, the number of Americans who said they didn't have enough to eat went up, as pandemic-era food assistance programs expired in many states.

Americans continue to say they're worried about the high cost of food and the unaffordability of other basic needs, like housing. This week's data, which was gathered from a nationally representative survey, is in-line with what food banks leaders across the country heard from clients this fall: the high costs of everything from rent, to gas to health care is putting intense pressure on people's grocery budgets. After inflation, homelessness is the second greatest economic concern for people across the country, according to the survey, which was conducted on Nov. 7 and 8.

The HUGE US national debt can have an impact on the economy and the rest of the world. Here are some key points to consider:

1. Economic Impact: The national debt refers to the total amount of money that the US government owes to creditors. A high level of debt can have several economic consequences. For example, it can lead to higher interest payments, which can crowd out other government spending priorities such as INFRASTRUCTURE , EDUCATION, and HEALTHCARE. Additionally, a large debt burden can increase the risk of a fiscal crisis, as the government may struggle to meet its financial obligations.

2. Interest Rates: The level of national debt can influence interest rates. When the government borrows heavily, it increases the demand for loanable funds, which can lead to higher interest rates. This can affect various aspects of the economy, including consumer borrowing costs, mortgage rates, and business investment decisions.

3. Inflation and Deficit Spending: Excessive deficit spending, which contributes to the national debt, can potentially lead to inflationary pressures. When the government spends more than it collects in revenue, it may resort to borrowing or printing money, which can increase the money supply and potentially lead to inflation.

4. Global Impact: The US economy is the largest in the world, and its fiscal health can have implications for the global economy. A significant increase in the US national debt could erode confidence in the US dollar, which is the world's reserve currency. This could affect global financial markets, trade, and investment flows.

Economists have differing views on the impact of the national debt. Some argue that a high level of debt can hinder economic growth and pose risks, while others contend that moderate levels of debt can be manageable and even beneficial in certain circumstances.

Reducing the national debt is a complex issue that requires careful consideration of various factors, including fiscal policy, economic growth, and political dynamics. Addressing the national debt often involves a combination of measures, such as controlling government spending, increasing revenue through taxation, and promoting economic growth. :)

Sources :

1. The Fiscal & Economic Impact of the National Debt

2. The U.S. National Debt Dilemma

3. Life After Default | CEA | The White House

4. Global Debt Reaches a Record $226 Trillion

5. https://carnegieendowment.org/chinafinancialmarkets/78304

Forum List

Back