American Wagyu NY Strip.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Trying some of the Wifes Boss's American Wagyu Tonight in a NY Strip.
And the new Meater wireless temp probes.
IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4135.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

If you're going to pay for wagyu, get real wagyu.

You obviously dont pay attention.
I've posted many threads of A5 Wagyu we've done in the recent past.
Lets see some of the A5 you've made recently.
Or does it cost to much for you?
Here's some real Wasabi as well...probably more than you want to spend.
IMG_3636.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg
IMG_3981.jpeg

And what do ya know,more A5 Wagyu....
Funny I've never seen you post jack shit in the food and wine section.

The American Wagyu came out Great!!!
The flavor was incredible and a bit more tender than your average NY Strip.
Could have got a better pic but I was ready to eat!
The Dogs got there's so everyone left happy.
IMG_4141.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4140.jpeg
    IMG_4140.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 9
Oh...if you havent had it A5 is extremely rich!!
Which makes American Wagyu nice to have on occasion.
Ya Dick Head.

The point is that American wagyu and Australian wagyu are NOT the same as real wagyu no matter how much you pay.

The point is that American wagyu and Australian wagyu are NOT the same as real wagyu no matter how much you pay.

Well no shit Sherlock.
Everyone knows that,and while I like a little A5 now and then I dont want to eat it all the time.
As I've said many times...In the food and wine section.
To be honest A5 Wagyu doesnt even taste like beef.

You haven't been paying attention, wannabe food snob.

Oh...the Wife and I dont consider ourselves food snobs.
We just like to try various foods from around the country and occasionally the world.
Like Alaskan king crab shipped in from obviously Alaska. West coast oysters from Washington. Live Main Lobster. Wagyu from Japan. Real Wasabi rather than the fake shit you get at the grocery store.
Pimento logs from Jamaica since you cant make real Jerk without it.
The list goes on.
We cook as a hobby and like to try foods the way they were meant to be made and with the proper ingredients.
If ya wanna call that being a food snob I really dont give a shit.

And here I am eating Sirloin roast steaks that I wish had some fat in them.

I gotta keep the budget fer a bit. My next venture is probably shoulder roast burritos.

After shelling out a ton on takeout for my son's birthday recently, I'm on a tap water diet for a while.

You know, for not having any fat, them sirloin steaks were very juicy and tender.

I'd rather some fat, or a lot of fat, but that's what was available, and it's good meat.

No, not as good as Wagyu NY strip. :nono: Not in a million years.

But I am steakily satisfied. :D It's the juiciest steak I've had in a long time. Wish it had some fat, but you can't always

get what you want. And for anybody that says "Oh! Leaner is better!" Fuck off with that.

:nono:

Mo fat, looser grain, mo' bettah!

A long time ago I ran into this old ex-NY butcher at a meat counter somewhere, and he taught me how to pick steaks.

He knew his stuff. I've copped chuck steaks that have been better than other ribeyes.

You want marbling. HWGA knows his stuff.

And I'm gonna throw this out there: Broiling.

Master broiling for beef. Beef was made for broiling like pork was made for low and slow.

I may not be master yet, but I'm learnin'. :D

Last edited:
You know, for not having any fat, them sirloin steaks were very juicy and tender.

I'd rather some fat, or a lot of fat, but that's what was available, and it's good meat.

No, not as good as Wagyu NY strip. :nono: Not in a million years.

But I am steakily satisfied. :D It's the juiciest steak I've had in a long time. Wish it had some fat, but you can't always

get what you want. And for anybody that says "Oh! Leaner is better!" Fuck off with that.

:nono:

Mo fat, looser grain, mo' bettah!

A long time ago I ran into this old ex-NY butcher at a meat counter somewhere, and he taught me how to pick steaks.

He knew his stuff. I've copped chuck steaks that have been better than other ribeyes.

You want marbling. HWGA knows his stuff.

And I'm gonna throw this out there: Broiling.

Master broiling for beef. Beef was made for broiling like pork was made for low and slow.

I may not be master yet, but I'm learnin'. :D

You shoulda wrapped that sucka in some bacon! After searing, of course.

You shoulda wrapped that sucka in some bacon! After searing, of course.
Uhh..yeah.

Was out of bacon, though. :dunno:

I actually got bacon for a NY Strip roast, then cooked it and forgot the bacon, so I used the last of it on some smoked pork tenderloin. That was very good.

Omy, I think I still have a couple pieces, they'll be half frozen where they are.

What I do is always get a roast, then roast rare, cut into steaks, then kiss the steaks in a pan pan to desired doneness.

It works for me. It works really well, tbh. This last one I did at a friend's house, and their oven doesn't get as hot as mine, so it was less done than it would have been if I did it at home. At home I got it downpat.

Get oven hot as it goes on broil, stick roast or steaks in for x minutes, I just read how long to do 1 inch steacks yesterday,

shut it off and count the time. A 5-lb roast in mine I only go for 10 minutes then shut it off. I think with a newer oven, it'd be 12-14 minutes for the same results.

Okay, so with a roast, you broil for 10 hot minutes, then shut it off and keep the oven closed for 2 hours.

5-lb roast, newer oven, 12-14 minutes on broil as hot as it goes then shut off and keep oven closed for 2 hours.

Pretty sure it said with 1" steaks it was 4 minutes and 20 minutes.

It's very simple, and works very well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back