“American Sniper” Chris Kyle Distorted His Military Record, Documents Show

No American has been more associated with the Navy SEAL mystique than Chris Kyle, known as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history. His bestselling autobiography, American Sniper — a story of honor, glory, and quiet heroism — has sold more than a million copies. The movie adaptation became the highest-grossing war film in American history.

“All told,” Kyle wrote in his book, “I would end my career as a SEAL with two Silver Stars and five Bronze [Stars], all for valor.”

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents obtained by The Intercept. During his 10 years of military service and four deployments, Kyle earned one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars with Valor, a record confirmed by Navy officials.

Kyle sure did like making things up.

Moron

If he were a Democrat he'd be SecState like the current peckerhead there now
Are you saying he doesn't deserve to be because he's a liar?

Convenient, especially given that none of the people interviewed even so much as hinted that this was the case, instead accepting the narrative that he had falsified his medal count. But who needs evidence? Let's just assume something and work from that premise instead.

Who were the people interviewed? Were they present during these classified operations? If not, how would they know?

I suggest you stop worrying about medal counts and start worrying about how many of our intelligence operations were botched and assets killed by Hillary's cavalier use of a personal e-mail simply because she couldn't be bothered with following the rules.
Again, that Hillary Clinton is a psychotic liar has nothing to do with the fact that Chris Kyle also lied. You can't whine about Clinton's lies after dismissing Kyle's.

First you have to prove Kyle lied...so far you haven't
No, I haven't. Matthew Cole and Sheelagh McNeill have.

Nope
Here's the situation: Chris Kyle is either a liar, as all the facts in the article demonstrate, or, if we accept your completely evidence-free theory, he purposefully and knowingly revealed classified information despite being warned by the Navy. Now the actual version of the story is that the Navy warned him that he had embellished his medal count, but if we accept your fact-free theory our logical conclusion is that the Navy warned him that the medal count he was citing was classified and that he then knowingly divulged that classified information.

So, Chris Kyle is either guilty of stealing valor, or guilty of leaking classified information.

Are you aware that awards earned during classified operations would not be included in those records?
Convenient, especially given that none of the people interviewed even so much as hinted that this was the case, instead accepting the narrative that he had falsified his medal count. But who needs evidence? Let's just assume something and work from that premise instead.

Who were the people interviewed? Were they present during these classified operations? If not, how would they know?

I suggest you stop worrying about medal counts and start worrying about how many of our intelligence operations were botched and assets killed by Hillary's cavalier use of a personal e-mail simply because she couldn't be bothered with following the rules.
Again, that Hillary Clinton is a psychotic liar has nothing to do with the fact that Chris Kyle also lied. You can't whine about Clinton's lies after dismissing Kyle's.

You continue to maintain that Kyle lied with no proof whatsoever. Doesn't that make you a liar?

There's the proof, unless you can prove that the reporting is false. We'll wait.

Nope
Here's the situation: Chris Kyle is either a liar, as all the facts in the article demonstrate, or, if we accept your completely evidence-free theory, he purposefully and knowingly revealed classified information despite being warned by the Navy. Now the actual version of the story is that the Navy warned him that he had embellished his medal count, but if we accept your fact-free theory our logical conclusion is that the Navy warned him that the medal count he was citing was classified and that he then knowingly divulged that classified information.

So, Chris Kyle is either guilty of stealing valor, or guilty of leaking classified information.

Gawd you're one ignorant dope. Your BS article proves nothing because they have no way of knowing what the DD214 total medal count is. Now shut up

Interesting that a couple of unknowns named Matthew Cole and Sheelagh McNeill are positive about the record of a Military Seal hero but there is no record that they ever researched or debated the alleged Military record of presidential candidate and current Secretary/State John Kerry. Are they foreigners or freaking teenagers who weren't born when Kerry ran for office or are they a couple of kids who hate genuine Military heroes?
What on earth does John Kerry have to do with anything? If we all had to follow the rule that we can't discuss topic x because we haven't discussed topic y then none of us could say anything at all.

No American has been more associated with the Navy SEAL mystique than Chris Kyle, known as the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history. His bestselling autobiography, American Sniper — a story of honor, glory, and quiet heroism — has sold more than a million copies. The movie adaptation became the highest-grossing war film in American history.

“All told,” Kyle wrote in his book, “I would end my career as a SEAL with two Silver Stars and five Bronze [Stars], all for valor.”

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents obtained by The Intercept. During his 10 years of military service and four deployments, Kyle earned one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars with Valor, a record confirmed by Navy officials.

Kyle sure did like making things up.
And he is sure is dead, does that balance it out?
Why would his murder balance anything out? It's a tragedy, but it doesn't change the fact that the man lied.

Interesting that a couple of unknowns named Matthew Cole and Sheelagh McNeill are positive about the record of a Military Seal hero but there is no record that they ever researched or debated the alleged Military record of presidential candidate and current Secretary/State John Kerry. Are they foreigners or freaking teenagers who weren't born when Kerry ran for office or are they a couple of kids who hate genuine Military heroes?
interesting that you are desperate to deflect

any reason not to believe their research?
No reason except to point out that their research seems to be politically agenda motivated.
It's possible that they looked into Kyle based on their political beliefs, but that's irrelevant unless you can disprove the facts reported.

Nope

Gawd you're one ignorant dope. Your BS article proves nothing because they have no way of knowing what the DD214 total medal count is. Now shut up
Wait, are you claiming that the Navy is lying about Kyle's medal count then? As they're openly stating that he embellished his count and that his DD214 is incorrect, you seem to be saying that the Navy is lying, not Kyle. If that is the case then I assume you have some form of evidence, rather than your typical made up theories.

You are 100% correct SIL.

Nope

Kyle is a private citizen who arguably has a right to promote his Military exploits for a couple of bucks. The problem that left wing activists fail to realize is that private citizens don't have the power that elected or appointed politicians have over their freaking lives. The Secretary of State is an important position that impacts the lives of every American. why would (foreign?) investigative reporters be more interested in the claims of service by a civilian than the freaking government officials. I smell a a (dead) rat.

Are you aware that awards earned during classified operations would not be included in those records?

You continue to maintain that Kyle lied with no proof whatsoever. Doesn't that make you a liar?

There's the proof, unless you can prove that the reporting is false. We'll wait.

I will wait until they can prove their allegations are true, which we ll know they cannot do.

As Hillary said, what difference does it make?

I will wait until they can prove their allegations are true, which we ll know they cannot do.

at this point doesn't it seem more likely Kyle exaggerated than the reporters just made it up?

guy was a bloviating carnival barker as has been pointed-out in this thread MULTIPLE TIMES

killed people from atop the Superdome lol

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

Kyle is a private citizen who arguably has a right to promote his Military exploits for a couple of bucks. The problem that left wing activists fail to realize is that private citizens don't have the power that elected or appointed politicians have over their freaking lives. The Secretary of State is an important position that impacts the lives of every American. why would (foreign?) investigative reporters be more interested in the claims of service by a civilian than the freaking government officials. I smell a a (dead) rat.
Hillary Clinton Won’t Say How Much Goldman Sachs CEO Invested With Her Son-in-Law

The New York Times’s (and Clinton Campaign’s) Abject Cowardice on Israel

Hillary Clinton, Debbie Wasserman Schultz Pick Influence Peddlers to Guide DNC Platform

Three stories featuring Hillary Clinton that are currently receiving top billing over this Chris Kyle story. So not only is your whining about Clinton irrelevant to the topic at hand, it's also untrue.

Which they already did.

Hillary Clinton Won’t Say How Much Goldman Sachs CEO Invested With Her Son-in-Law

The New York Times’s (and Clinton Campaign’s) Abject Cowardice on Israel

Hillary Clinton, Debbie Wasserman Schultz Pick Influence Peddlers to Guide DNC Platform

Three stories featuring Hillary Clinton that are currently receiving top billing over this Chris Kyle story. So not only is your whining about Clinton irrelevant to the topic at hand, it's also untrue.
^ that

So you don't have problems with Stolen Valor.

So you don't have problems with Stolen Valor.
Appently not when the Grandstander is a Rightie

Hmmmm... video about 'secret' medals awarded to operators during the Afghanistan / Iraq wars. Mostly 'special operators' of the SEALS, Green Berets, Delta, etc.

[GDP] – News front Carousel Player

Wouldn't be cooks in the chow hall or paper pushers whose job was flying a desk risking life and limb from paper cuts and paper clip punctures.

Forum List

Back