American politics, racism & political correctness

Below is something I wrote in May, 2013 here. I talked a lot about "pushback" against PC, and as it turned out, I was proven right in 2016. The mistake the Left made (and somehow continues to make) was dismissing and mocking people when they pointed PC out. The result of the frustration and increasing resentment? Donald Trump.

Except Trump didn't perform any better at the polls than Mitt Romney did. He actually did a little worse with white people in 2016 than Romney did. He only "won" because so many people in Swing States voted for third party candidates because they didn't like Hillary Clinton. You keep making this claim, it isn't actually backed up by the numbers.

Republicans have been playing on "White resentment" since Tricky Dick in 1968. This isn't anything new. Hey, check out this chart. Republicans USED to do a lot better with White people. The only time they didn't get in the 55% range was when Ross Perot siphoned off the White vote by playing on unfounded fears of free trade in 92 and 96.

1615638445544.png

Well, it will never disappear. There will always be people who want to leverage strategic hypersensitivity to control the language, and therefore the argument. What's nice to see, though, is the pushback. Being called a "racist" because you disagree with someone whose skin is a different color no longer has the effect that it used to. Over time, hopefully, the people who are trying to shut down a person with a different opinion will actually have to defend their opinion with reason, not with some contrived, diversionary "offense".

Except no one was ever actually doing that. When people are called out for being racist, it's usually because they are saying racist things. The only thing that has changed in the last decade is that thanks to social media, when someone says something really stupid, instead of a few friends shrugging and saying, "Well, that's Mac!" the whole world sees it when you say something stupid and racist.

But, no, no, it's not YOU saying something stupid, it's other people being offended by your stupidity.

I don't think you and I are using the same information so this explains why our perceptions are different.

I guess my bias comes mostly living in Texas in a conservative culture where we expect our workers, businesses, schools and nonprofits to contribute to the economy and we aren't supposed to rely on federal govt, any more than adult children should rely on parents anymore.

Um... yeah, let's look at that. You get a little snow and then you are all whining to the government for help because you can't keep the lights on.

Not this business of relying on federal govt to manage internal policies through a central national authority. It's the other way around, where people and states manage sustainably and delegate agreed duties to federal govt. We would not be in this mess if all states and districts were self sustaining, so that is how I see the goal of teaching democratic govt. Independent self reliance and equal responsibility. Not dependence on centralized govt to dictate policy, where corporate and party interests compete to abuse office and govt to mandate their agenda.

yeah, when you guys actually advocate getting rid of MIDDLE CLASS ENTITLEMENTS like Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Benefits, etc. Then I'll take you seriously about your rugged individualism.

It isn't about "self-reliance', it's about punishing poor people. Because that's the American Way. Poverty is something to be ashamed of.

I don't think you and I are using the same information so this explains why our perceptions are different.

I guess my bias comes mostly living in Texas in a conservative culture where we expect our workers, businesses, schools and nonprofits to contribute to the economy and we aren't supposed to rely on federal govt, any more than adult children should rely on parents anymore.

Um... yeah, let's look at that. You get a little snow and then you are all whining to the government for help because you can't keep the lights on.

Not this business of relying on federal govt to manage internal policies through a central national authority. It's the other way around, where people and states manage sustainably and delegate agreed duties to federal govt. We would not be in this mess if all states and districts were self sustaining, so that is how I see the goal of teaching democratic govt. Independent self reliance and equal responsibility. Not dependence on centralized govt to dictate policy, where corporate and party interests compete to abuse office and govt to mandate their agenda.

yeah, when you guys actually advocate getting rid of MIDDLE CLASS ENTITLEMENTS like Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Benefits, etc. Then I'll take you seriously about your rugged individualism.

It isn't about "self-reliance', it's about punishing poor people. Because that's the American Way. Poverty is something to be ashamed of.

I heard this pablum during Reagan....Boring.

I heard this pablum during Reagan....Boring.
Dear j-mac
1. Both rich and poor people, taxpayers of all classes, get punished by corporate abuses and govt waste. When Progressives and Libertarians under Nader and Paul called to unite Third Parties, the common enemy was Corporate abuse by "Cronyism" that all taxpayers are against. Taxpayers cannot fully unite to stop abuses if we keep falling into the trap of "the party of the rich blaming the poor" and the "party of the poor blaming the rich."
2. You can tell the BS is blocking solutions when we haven't united left and right on criminal justice reforms that could pay for health care and education with the taxes already wasted on failed prisons incarcerating people at up to 50K per person per year. Instead of uniting to stop punishing lawabiding taxpayers forced to pay billions for the crimes of others, we have both parties fighting over raising taxes to pay for social benefits that could be paid for by reducing crime and waste.
A. So prison reform to pay for health care, housing and education without raising taxes is one area that would be resolved by uniting left and right. Both Conservatives like Sean Hannity and Rand Paul have agreed on Cooperatives and Medical Associations as the solution to health care, and Bernie Sanders has lobbied for "worker owned cooperatives" to democratize the economy. All this is buried due to obsession with partisan blame and division that costs taxpayers money fighting over problems instead of investing in agreed solutions already out there but not getting support or publicity.
B. Left and Right also agree on Microlending and business training as a sustainable replacement for welfare handouts, but we don't see Obama and Carson uniting on this solution they both advocate, because of politics and party division.
C. And Natural Conservation unites left and right, but that solution is buried under politicized fighting over "climate change" that distracts and distorts the issues of stopping pollution and destruction, especially when regulations and financial penalties "punish" US industries while China is exempt as the largest polluter with unfair economic advantage over other countries threatened with takeover.

ALL citizens and taxpayers suffer when we don't unite to implement cost effective solutions that liberate people from partisan and corporate monopoly by taking back responsibility and control of our own resources per district and agree on rules for governing ourselves.
That change has to come from people on local and state levels, when taxpayers from all parties unite on solutions based on democratic self governance.

3. This same problem HAS been going on LONG before Reagan. It is a historic divide in traditional schools of thought between left and right, and between classes.
A. With Slavery, the slaves could not unite as long as they kept fighting each other for privileges between the Field Slaves and the House Slaves. By historical fact, the same percentages of Black people to White people in the South was reflected in parallel Proportions of Black people to Whites who became slave owners in the trade business. And this division continues today, dividing Blacks who "blame" Conservative Blacks for buying into capitalism and Constitutional limits on govt as playing the "white man's" game.
Do we see women uniting AGAINST govt as a "man's" game because women didn't get the right to vote until AFTER Blacks did?
No, because it isn't really a race or gender issue but conflict between CLASS.
The real fight is where people identify by CLASS and Political Belief, and the fight is over that, regardless of race (or gender).
With slavery, both White and Black women slaves were raped for forced "breeding" by the strongest most valuable Black male slaves. But instead of uniting women across race, class or party, for "reparations" owed to WOMEN for rape, abuse and racial genocide, the issue of slavery and racism has been EXPLOITED BY PARTY, again pitting the Left against the Right instead of uniting on Constitutional protections and empowerment for all people to become self governing not dependent on govt.
If tax rates approach 40%, that is hardly different from the "concept" of 3/5 free and 2/5 slave, except being enslaved to govt and paying 2/5 of one's labor to the Federal Authority instead of to a local slave master.

B. This class division goes back in history in govt from the beginning, where founders fought over central federal authority too easily abused to oppress rights if individuals and states. Thus the Bill of Rights was an added condition in order for certain states to agree to endorse the Constitution to begin with. And we still fight to this day, what constitutes Rights belonging to People and States by the 10th Amendment and not to Federal govt without a Constitutional Convention and Amendment approving that expanded jurisdiction by vote of people through States.
Booker T. Washington fought with DuBois over this same Conservative vs Liberal split, over people enforcing "equal rights" by owning their OWN property and businesses or by "depending on govt" to recognize their political rights through legislating it instead of people agreeing to respect equal laws and rights in society with or without govt mandates.
The church authority went through this same class division and "Reformation" when Luther challenged the Corrupt Catholic Authority monopoly by teaching the masses to govern themselves by reading and embodying the laws directly, not relying on clergy or central church authority to act as the middleman.
C. If you trace this to the very beginning of civilization and written laws, there has always been a class division over the managing class with knowledge and control over WRITTEN laws of property, vs the field hands and workers who were not literate or trained to own and manage their own property.
Not just Blacks or Natives or other minorities were enslaved by upper class tribes, but Women and Children were treated as Property of Estates.
Both church and state laws were based on protecting PROPERTY where the class of people with LITERACY ruled over those without ability to read and enforce laws for themselves.

This class battle is why we see the blame for oppression directed toward "white men" as the most visible target.

But the REAL liberation and equalizing factor isn't race or gender, but OWNERSHIP of property and knowledge of the laws.

That is what makes this a fair fight.

That is why Conservatives like Allen West focus on this approach that Classic Liberals (John Locke, Booker T. Washington, and today's Conservatives) took toward Limited Govt and maximizing self govt by the people on State and local levels, and not the path of Radical Liberals (Rousseau, DuBois and today's Liberals) of depending on Central Govt authority to establish the collective will FOR the people.

It is the Liberal dependence on Govt that has infected and corrupted both parties to fight to dominate and control central Govt. In part because Corporations and Party organizations don't have to enforce the Constitution but have been bypassing these protections of individual rights, liberties and due process.

The solution is for all people and parties to respect Constitutional equal rights, protections and laws, so everyone can access equal representation by self govt, and agree what to delegate through state and federal levels instead of the other way around, where bigger interests dominate and abuse govt to dictate policy mandates that punish taxpayers, left and right of all classes, and don't represent the consent of citizens affected.

The first step in liberation is equal empowerment by knowledge of the laws.
The church took this step with the Reformation movement where people learned Scriptural laws and Authority for themselves to coordinate their own church programs independent of the central Catholic Authority, so all people become equal by adopting the laws directly "through agreement in Christ or Conscience connecting us spiritually with all others" without depending on any middleman to monopolize the process of spiritual justice and peace.
And now the State is going through a parallel process of people choosing either liberation and equal empowerment by invoking and enforcing laws directly "by agreeing in the spirit of Equal Justice and Protections for All" or by continuing to fight against one party or another to control central govt and try to impose mandates that way by "political force."

As a Democrat who believes in equal inclusion of diversity and minority populations, I believe the Constitutional approach of teaching and enforcing laws for self govt is the more effective and sustainable way to establish true Equal Justice. This cannot be forced by mandate, but can only be achieved by informed consent and voluntary compliance, by teaching people to follow the same laws to respect rights of others in order to invoke the same rights and protections for themselves.

www.ethics-commission.net

Last edited:

Is this song racist?
Am I a racist for enjoying it?
Is there any redemption for our nation at this point?
A classic and beloved song from my youth that I NEVER thought about skin color as a youth now makes me wonder.
So who is canceling this great song the left asks! They want links & PROOF that my feelings are legitimate....

Thing is the culture you DUMBFUCKS have bread has made me question everything I once took forgranted. It doesn't matter that there are no racial overtones in the song now right? All that matters is you succeeded in making me feel guilty for NO REASON right?

Fuck you for bringing us to this place.

PS. I know it's not exactly a "clean start" in politics. I also know I fucking sick of walking on eggshells just to appease political correctness.

Have at it

What is meant by the modern term referred to as "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS"...
The definition is found in 4 telegrams at the Truman Library and Museum in Independence, Missouri.
The following are copies of four telegrams between President Harry Truman and General Douglas MacArthur
on the day before the actual signing of the WWII Surrender Agreement in September 1945.

The contents of those four telegrams below are exactly as received at the end of the war - not a word has been added or deleted!

(1)
Tokyo, Japan 0800-September 1,1945

To: President Harry S Truman

Tomorrow we meet with those yellow-bellied bastards and sign the Surrender Documents, any last minute instructions?

(2)
Washington, D C 1300-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur
Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3)
Tokyo, Japan 1630-September 1, 1945

To: H S Truman

Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term politically correct mean?

(4)
Washington, D C 2120-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself,

you and I finally have a full understanding of what 'POLITICAL CORRECTNESS' really means.....

The virus that originated in China has killed people worldwide.
Trump issued the travel restrictions and it is up to the States to manage their own States. Biden even recognizes the States have their own jurisdiction so each Governor or each City has to make their own decisions to respect the demands and consent of the public under that regional jurisdiction.

I really don't read your verbal diarrhea because it slops all over the place.

Trump fucked up the response to Covid. Period. Full stop. the very fact governors like Newsom, Cuomo and Prtizker had to take the lead is a large part of the problem, there wasn't leadership from the top. Fauci would say one thing and Trump would say another.

China didn't make us fuck up, they didn't make Cleetus the redneck refuse to wear a mask because "Freedom".

We are supposed to operate independently and Contribute to the economy and govt.

Not the other way.

We are not supposed to rely on third party govt to manage our resources or economy.

We are supposed to be self reliant, and only us federal govt for national security and other national policies that only govt has authority to enforce.

Sorry, but my whole view of the people being our own govt means I frame this whole situation, and relationship and role of govt differently.

I believe all of us have equal responsibility in democratizing health care and doing the work of govt.

Sorry JoeB131
By your system, you and Liberals blame Conservative limits on Govt for obstructing or denying help. But from my understanding of citizens sharing equal power and responsibilities of govt, we all need to invest in reforming and democratizing our states and districts to be self reliant. That way, if some areas lockdown to contain an outbreak or crisis, it doesn't shut down the whole economy and make us dependent on federal bailouts.

That independence is what I see as the end goal

Are you aware that Trump's DHS forced all Americans flying home from overseas through 13 airports? Nobody was screened--much less tested. Each and every airport county became a covid hot spot.

Are you aware that by doing so, there were thousands more passengers going though these 13 airports and it created a logjam where people who were not screened or tested stood shoulder to shoulder with others for hours?

Are you aware that at the same time the DHS was forcing these people to stand shoulder-to-shoulder due to lack of coordination, Trump's CDC was telling us to socially distance?

New Topics

Forum List

Back