American Out, Multicultural In

I'm amazed how sensitive Americans are about this stuff - sure renaiming a jazz festival is kind of dumb, but so what?

Is it SO American to drape the flag over every little thing?

Is it so important to pretend America is under thread because some jazz festival doesn't put the word 'America' in its name?

Toughen up americans!

no not at all.....if they wanted to call it the Harrisburg Musicfest,since its held there,fine.....its changing it from Musicfest....to the politically correct Bullshit MULTI-CULTURAL Festival....its BULLSHIT and i for one hope the thing loses people and revenue....BIG TIME....

Let me clear up something.
There is no such thing as "American".
From the northern tip of Canada to the southern tip of Chile, resides a mix of every kind of blood on earth.
In the US of fallen empire, this is especially true.
Think about it. If you have the proper hardware.:cuckoo:
There are communities which, as recently as the 70's, had areas where you could think you were in another country !
Miami is still the capital of Latin Murka.
Jew Yourk.
Lil Italy
Chinatowns everywhere
Cajuns
Alabama, Mississippi...Africa
Polish in Chicago.
Ukranians in Buffalo
Mexicalis, Guats, Nicas, Hondurans, Salvadorians. every where there are farms or tourists traps.
Pakistanis...call a cab.
Indians....go to the hospital.

Give up this idiotic " I'ma Murkin bullshit.
You're nothing more than another face, in that particular spot, in the Western hemisphere.

Take that fucking flag and use it for a doormat, or a rug for the dog.

So what is an "American"? Someone of pure white/anglo European lineage?
Okey dokey. Go find one for me.

Damn that Irish American holiday in March!

Should we change the name of St Patrick's Day to something else so it isn't so ethnocentric?

LOL. Ah, for the days of '28, when one could parade right down the main street of our nations capital in a bedsheet.

A dishonest and dishonorable Straw Man spoken by a dishonest and dishonorable individual.

The retorts of both of you indicate you're fully aware you can't defend the absurdity pointed out in the OP and condemn your like minded brethren for their stupidity, so you're just trying to deflect from it.

Really, we're all smarter than you two boobs.

LOL. Ah, for the days of '28, when one could parade right down the main street of our nations capital in a bedsheet.

Why would you say that instead of carrying an American Flag? You some kind of commie or anarchist? Earth firster? Druid? Got something against patriotism?

I think it is an America hater. I never see anything positive come out of it. It says stuff like that constantly.

Neither comment in response makes a bit of sense, unless you're pretending you don't know what he was referring to.

Are you well read at all?

Are you familiar with a concept of, "Death by a thousand cuts?"

Because YOU take no pride in who and what you are does no mean we should not.

Yes, I am very well read.

Yes, I am familiar with the concept of death by a thousand cuts.

And yes, I also understand that pride in ones country has little - if anything - to do with singing "Yankee Doodle Dandy" or planting a flag in your yard.

To me it's much like religion - the people who shriek and whine the loudest are usually those whose faith is not particularly firm. Those who really live it don't need to ram it down other peoples throats every five minutes.

Exactly. I get extremely upset when some moron calls me unAmerican just because I don't walk in lockstep with this newly discovered purism regurgitated by the extremists on the right. Patriotism has been bastardized as an excuse to say, and do, all sorts of UNpatriotic things ever since the attacks of 911.

I had to go back and re-read the article, and frankly, I don't get why people are so upset. The Mayor said that the name change better reflected the diversity of the city, and that "jazz" comes in all flavors from all over the world [paraphrased]. What is the big deal?

If this were a NATIONAL event, where communities all over the country put together their best musicians on July 4th, then I could understand the complaints. I also find it interesting that the OP didn't state any opinion, just posted the article.

I'm amazed how sensitive Americans are about this stuff - sure renaiming a jazz festival is kind of dumb, but so what?

Is it so important to pretend America is under thread because some jazz festival doesn't put the word 'America' in its name?

Toughen up americans!

You missed the point. The festival was to celebrate the birth of our nation, July 4, 1776. Now, it's not....

Not surprising, I've been saying for months that America is dead.

American MusicFest has been renamed 'Harrisburg Jazz and Multi-Cultural Festival, Hosted by Mayor Linda D. Thompson' | - PennLive.com

Harrisburg’s annual free Fourth of July party has a new name and a new emphasis on jazz and world music.

The American MusicFest has been renamed the Harrisburg Jazz and Multi-Cultural Festival, Hosted by Mayor Linda D. Thompson.

The name change surfaced on the city’s Web site. City offices were closed for Good Friday, and efforts to reach the mayor or her spokesman, Michael Holmes, for comment were unsuccessful.

The name foretells a new direction for the free festival, which will be held July 3-5 in Riverfront Park.

We all know the REAL America is just like the Republican Party - "white".

Let me clear up something.
There is no such thing as "American".
From the northern tip of Canada to the southern tip of Chile, resides a mix of every kind of blood on earth.
In the US of fallen empire, this is especially true.
Think about it. If you have the proper hardware.:cuckoo:
There are communities which, as recently as the 70's, had areas where you could think you were in another country !
Miami is still the capital of Latin Murka.
Jew Yourk.
Lil Italy
Chinatowns everywhere
Cajuns
Alabama, Mississippi...Africa
Polish in Chicago.
Ukranians in Buffalo
Mexicalis, Guats, Nicas, Hondurans, Salvadorians. every where there are farms or tourists traps.
Pakistanis...call a cab.
Indians....go to the hospital.

Give up this idiotic " I'ma Murkin bullshit.
You're nothing more than another face, in that particular spot, in the Western hemisphere.

Take that fucking flag and use it for a doormat, or a rug for the dog.

So what is an "American"? Someone of pure white/anglo European lineage?
Okey dokey. Go find one for me.

Mags, I'm surprised you completely missed what he said. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your BULL SHIT response.
To condense his message: Why can't we all just be Americans? Un-separated by racial or nationalist divisions, not "why can't we all be white".

(If you were responding to Joyce then I would have understood).

Toughen up americans!

You don't get it...it HAD the word America in it's name but it was removed. Not a matter of "putting" the word America in its name.

Somehow this is Obama's fault. I am to tired to find it in this thread, but I am sure someone said something about liberalism, or Obama.

I have a solution I think everyone will agree with.

Why don't we rename it the "We Love Every Last One Of Us Except the Pedophile Lurking Over By That Tree Festival."

American MusicFest has been renamed 'Harrisburg Jazz and Multi-Cultural Festival, Hosted by Mayor Linda D. Thompson' | - PennLive.com

Harrisburg’s annual free Fourth of July party has a new name and a new emphasis on jazz and world music.

The American MusicFest has been renamed the Harrisburg Jazz and Multi-Cultural Festival, Hosted by Mayor Linda D. Thompson.

The name change surfaced on the city’s Web site. City offices were closed for Good Friday, and efforts to reach the mayor or her spokesman, Michael Holmes, for comment were unsuccessful.

The name foretells a new direction for the free festival, which will be held July 3-5 in Riverfront Park.

here's an idea - if you don't like jazz and world music - don't attend the fucking festival

You know I have a half-brother (I have a lot of half family, my father got busy!!!!!) who is a Jazz Blues singer and guitarist.

I am not saying he is a legend but he is good enough to make his living from it and only from this thing he loves.

He is blessed.

He has played with the some famous people including Billy Joel, Bob Denver, Hall and Oats, but the most important moment of his life was playing with the greatest guitarist who has ever lived; BB King. That was my brother's Kingdom of Heavan, being on stage with that musical God Mr King.

Great music should not divide us.

Great music is like great sex, it should unite us.

Last edited:
But then again sometimes you just got to listen to the Sex Pistols and smash a lot of shit up.

You know I have a half-brother (I have a lot of half family, my father got busy!!!!!) who is a Jazz Blues singer and guitarist.

I am not saying he is a legend but he is good enough to make his living from it and only from this thing he loves.

He is blessed.

He has played with the some famous people including Billy Joel, Bob Denver, Hall and Oats, but the most important moment of his life was playing with the greatest guitarist who has ever lived; BB King. That was my brother's Kingdom of Heavan, being on stage with that musical God Mr King.

Great music should not divide us.

Great music is like great sex, it should unite us.

then political correctness should not be brought into it.....and changing the name from....JAZZ MUSIC FESTIVAL.....to....MULTI CULTURAL FESTIVAL....implies just that....

It won't be long before July 4th morphs into a holiday having nothing to do with America as a country.

Multicultural has everything to do with America as that is what we are made up of, all cultures of the world, the melting pot. People need to get out of their mainly white little towns and go meets some other cultures that helped make this country what it is.

Toughen up americans!

I think many believe the only true americans are white, christian cowboys

Forum List

Back