America is already a "Sharia Compliant State"

Freedom of religion?

Apostasy, converting to any other religion, is Punishable by DEATH according to Sharia.
A Woman's testimony is worth HALF a man's in a court of law.

Sharia is Barbaric stone-age 'justice'.

Last edited:
Sharia is religion, a component of Islam, a blending of law and religion; its practice is protected by the Free Exercise Clause, its practice as a legal doctrine prohibited by the Establishment Clause.

Nope, Irish/English

I am I convert to Islam. :cool:

Why Sunni over Shiite?

Shiites are kind of like the Jehovah witness of the Islamic world.

The only Shiite country in the world is Iran.

Sunni Islam is the more mainstream Islam.

About 90% of Muslims in the world are Sunni

Then given the animosity between the two sects, why is it taking so long for the Sunnis to kick the shiite out of them? :eusa_whistle:

Why Sunni over Shiite?

Then given the animosity between the two sects, why is it taking so long for the Sunnis to kick the shiite out of them? :eusa_whistle:

They just did a few weeks ago in Bahrain

Nope, Irish/English

I am I convert to Islam. :cool:

Why Sunni over Shiite?

So you became a Sunni because it's more popular? I know from the news that Shiites aren't relegated to Iran, and every country has them - is Sharia Law for them too? If they're only 10%, why must they all die? Is the war between the Sunni's and the Shiites required by Sharia Law? Jehovah's Witnesses are a pain in the ass with their door to door campaign, but I support their right to be wrong.

That begs another question... Why do the Shiites tend to 'rule' the more popular Sunnis? Is that the reason for the war? Is it simple class warfare with a religious bent?

The pillars of Shariah are based on five - some say six sacrosanct rights and principles. Breaching any of them is considered a major sin that requires punishment.

The most important is the protection and furthering of life. - (no abortion or death penalty?)

Then there is the protection of religion - (no cartoons or controversial sneaker logos)

Another pillar is the protection of dignity and honour, which can be used as a basis for punishing slander, which recently became a crime in the UAE under the country's new media law. The same principle is behind UAE cases where drivers have been prosecuted for making rude gestures at other road users, who took it as an insult to their dignity. Similarly, a woman can sue a man, even a stranger, for a lewd or inappropriate comment that "undermines her honour". (no freedom of expression)

Protection of lineage, another pillar of Shariah, is the basis for criminalising adultery and, as was decided by muftis in Dubai last year, for banning IVF. (including homosexuality, banning IVF?)

Protection of the mind or intellect includes the protection of sobriety, the basis for prohibiting Muslims from drinking alcohol or using any mind-altering substance, except under a doctor's orders. (prohibition?)

The final pillar of Shariah is the protection of property, an element that many scholars say contributed to the economic growth of early Muslim states.

Full: Shariah Index will rate countries' Islamic law - The National

My notes in pink. Are we Sharia-compliant? Do we want to be?

Why the left supports this shit is beyond me. Perhaps they didn't get the fuckin memo.

I would estimate that Sunni mosque are about 98% of all the Mosques in America.

Thankfully the first mosque that I visited and converted at was a Sunni mosque.

The Sunni and Shiite divide is much like the one between Catholics and Protestants.

We both believe in the Quran.

But it is the politics that causes the problem.

That begs another question... Why do the Shiites tend to 'rule' the more popular Sunnis? Is that the reason for the war? Is it simple class warfare with a religious bent?

Actually you have it backwards.

The majority Sunini's rule over the minority Shiites in just about every country.

The main problem began when the western nations colonized the middle east And set up puppet governments.

They found the Sunni Muslims to be much more moderate and easier to deal with so they set them up in power.

Which left the Shiites with no political voice and mainly delegated to lower class jobs.

This caused a lot of friction between the Sunni and Shiite communities.

So in my opinion the problems are way more political than religious.

But in times of strife and war people tend to polarize towards the community that they self identify with.

The majority Sunini's rule over the minority Shiites in just about every country.

The main problem began when the western nations colonized the middle east And set up puppet governments.

They found the Sunni Muslims to be much more moderate and easier to deal with so they set them up in power.

Which left the Shiites with no political voice and mainly delegated to lower class jobs.

But in times of strife and war people tend to polarize towards the community that they self identify with.

If that's the case, why does the tail continue to wag the dog? If only 10% of Islam is 'downtrodden' by the other 90%, why does the war continue?

You say the difference is political, how is it that a 10% freak fringe group causes so much trouble?

The pillars of Shariah are based on five - some say six sacrosanct rights and principles. Breaching any of them is considered a major sin that requires punishment.

The most important is the protection and furthering of life. - (no abortion or death penalty?)

Then there is the protection of religion - (no cartoons or controversial sneaker logos)

Another pillar is the protection of dignity and honour, which can be used as a basis for punishing slander, which recently became a crime in the UAE under the country's new media law. The same principle is behind UAE cases where drivers have been prosecuted for making rude gestures at other road users, who took it as an insult to their dignity. Similarly, a woman can sue a man, even a stranger, for a lewd or inappropriate comment that "undermines her honour". (no freedom of expression)

Protection of lineage, another pillar of Shariah, is the basis for criminalising adultery and, as was decided by muftis in Dubai last year, for banning IVF. (including homosexuality, banning IVF?)

Protection of the mind or intellect includes the protection of sobriety, the basis for prohibiting Muslims from drinking alcohol or using any mind-altering substance, except under a doctor's orders. (prohibition?)

The final pillar of Shariah is the protection of property, an element that many scholars say contributed to the economic growth of early Muslim states.

Full: Shariah Index will rate countries' Islamic law - The National

My notes in pink. Are we Sharia-compliant? Do we want to be?

Why the left supports this shit is beyond me. Perhaps they didn't get the fuckin memo.

Some of us do, in fact, want this... yes. The biggest issue from where I have come to understand things, though I am not looking to argue ridiculous liberal dribble or debate conservative preserving shit, is that the line has not been clear enough defined or correctly seen to be what it potentially could be for 'us'.

Your 'notes', while an admirable attempt to better understand and define things from where you are in life, fail miserably to reveal the better depths of that potential. It isn't about the movements, the demonstrations we force upon our society here in America, it goes beyond that. It is more about the 'whys' of things than the 'things' themselves.

If that's the case, why does the tail continue to wag the dog? If only 10% of Islam is 'downtrodden' by the other 90%, why does the war continue?

You say the difference is political, how is it that a 10% freak fringe group causes so much trouble?

Could you be a little bit more specific with your question?

Why is there so much hate between the two sects and how is it that a 10% fringe group causes Islam so much political trouble? I can't even imagine the political control a 90% majority would enjoy - considering what you said about the Sunnis being placed in power by the colonial west*, what else do they need to maintain control?

*Why a 90% majority needed to be 'placed in power' by anyone is mind boggling on its own, but we can save that for another thread.

Forum List

Back