America...be careful what you prayed for....

These poor people have been pissed upon all of their lives and made to think that it was rain. Back in the 80's I wanted to write a musical about them (project later halted by family matters), but I did quite a bit of research on the coal community and the coal wars. Watch movies like Matewan and Harlan County.

These people have lived on the edge for over a century, largely forgotten and dazzled by "preachers". Many, I think, have been trump supporters due to his lies about helping them and their failure to see who and what he really is. I shudder to think what will happen to them now with the coronavirus.

They had a choice between the person would would work to destroy the best jobs in their community, or the person who would try to save them.

Only a fool would fault them for their choice.

But the right-wingers always say "get a job," even if it requires moving. Of course, they never explain how someone is to find out where these jobs are available, how they are to afford moving costs when they are flat broke or what housing is available and how they find it. Right-wingers laugh at the suggestion that programs should be set up to train them for other jobs, but they don't suggest anything else.

Nobody is preventing a person from going to school to learn another job. If someone needs a "program" to learn a new job, they're probably too stupid and should continue flipping burgers.

These poor people have been pissed upon all of their lives and made to think that it was rain. Back in the 80's I wanted to write a musical about them (project later halted by family matters), but I did quite a bit of research on the coal community and the coal wars. Watch movies like Matewan and Harlan County.

These people have lived on the edge for over a century, largely forgotten and dazzled by "preachers". Many, I think, have been trump supporters due to his lies about helping them and their failure to see who and what he really is. I shudder to think what will happen to them now with the coronavirus.

They had a choice between the person would would work to destroy the best jobs in their community, or the person who would try to save them.

But the right-wingers always say "get a job," even if it requires moving. Of course, they never explain how someone is to find out where these jobs are available, how they are to afford moving costs when they are flat broke or what housing is available and how they find it. Right-wingers laugh at the suggestion that programs should be set up to train them for other jobs, but they don't suggest anything else.

I do not. I understand the desire to stay in your community. I have turned down some of my best job offers because I did not want to move.

my point stands.

So you don't subscribe to this "get a job" thing. I can't imagine that the migrants coming up from Central and South America actually wanted to leave the communities that they have lived in all of their lives, their families, their neighbors unless they felt that they had to. The people of Oklahoma hit the road for California. What were the chances of ever coming back? My own ancestors set sail for the U.S., knowing that they would never see their homes, their families, all the aspects of their communities in Ireland and Russia again.

What is trump going to give them as they stay rooted in one place?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I do not. I understand the desire to stay in your community. I have turned down some of my best job offers because I did not want to move.

my point stands.

So you don't subscribe to this "get a job" thing. I can't imagine that the migrants coming up from Central and South America actually wanted to leave the communities that they have lived in all of their lives, their families, their neighbors unless they felt that they had to. The people of Oklahoma hit the road for California. What were the chances of ever coming back? My own ancestors set sail for the U.S., knowing that they would never see their homes, their families, all the aspects of their communities in Ireland and Russia again.

What is trump going to give them as they stay rooted in one place?

Policy to encourage the best jobs in their community instead of actively using the power of government to attack them.

Appalachian Coal Communities Brace For Coronavirus: It’s Going ‘To Wipe Us Out’
Vulnerable coal miners suffering from black lung disease fear what will happen if COVID-19 is added to the mix.

LOLOL....(sigh)....gotta love these ppl who kicked Obama and Hillary in the gut for suggesting they try a new skill and here we are..the most vulnerable of our society, coal miners, those red white and vomit white boys rallying for Trump to bring back the mines, all today hovering into corners with fear and their beloved Trump....NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!!

Conservative Columnist Max Boot Looks At History, Concludes Trump Is Worst President Ever
“Trump cannot escape the pitiless judgment of history,” writes Max Boot.
Trump was warned about the impending COVID-19 crisis, but he didn’t take action early by ordering the testing equipment and much-needed emergency supplies that cities and states are now struggling to obtain. Instead, Trump held rallies and played golf.

If coal mining goes away, so will your electricity. You're gonna look pretty stupid sitting in a cold dark house with no computer or internet.

Of course, then we wouldn't have to read your ignorant threads, so...
The hate from democrats are crazy! It’s to the point we are we should put you in interment camps and find room to send you to Venezuela
My hatred for ppl like you and Trump is beyond grotesque. Your ignorance and his incompetence is killing this country and its ppl...so you go straight to hell and say hello to satan for us.

Vulnerable coal miners suffering from black lung disease fear what will happen if COVID-19 is added to the mix.

LOLOL....(sigh)....gotta love these ppl who kicked Obama and Hillary in the gut for suggesting they try a new skill and here we are..the most vulnerable of our society, coal miners, those red white and vomit white boys rallying for Trump to bring back the mines, all today hovering into corners with fear and their beloved Trump....NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!!

Conservative Columnist Max Boot Looks At History, Concludes Trump Is Worst President Ever
Trump was warned about the impending COVID-19 crisis, but he didn’t take action early by ordering the testing equipment and much-needed emergency supplies that cities and states are now struggling to obtain. Instead, Trump held rallies and played golf.

If coal mining goes away, so will your electricity. You're gonna look pretty stupid sitting in a cold dark house with no computer or internet.

The hate from democrats are crazy! It’s to the point we are we should put you in interment camps and find room to send you to Venezuela
My hatred for ppl like you and Trump is beyond grotesque. Your ignorance and his incompetence is killing this country and its ppl...so you go straight to hell and say hello to satan for us.

I agree that your hate is ugly and it has made you an ugly person.

We are never going anywhere. We will be here forever. YOu might want give some thought to how you are going to live with that.

Instead of worrying about the markets, this fuckin economy, why not shut the country down for a few weeks, ask industry across the board to forgo payments for a few weeks and lets focus on this pandemic and putting money in ppls pockets so that they can afford the gauging that is going on across the country with products...everything is high as hell and ppl are struggling to eat. People and this pandemic should be priority number one!!

• Thanks

What being self-reliant freedom and independence from big government? That’s America you don’t like it move out

We are never going anywhere. We will be here forever. YOu might want give some thought to how you are going to live with that.
There's a reason GOD IS focused on the eldery and white Trump followers, you red GOP states ......its cleansing time...trust me, you are going somewhere....keep ignoring the guidelines, keep believing Trump. Its not until you sorry mf's are wiped off the planet, that we all will have a chance to live freely on this planet.

What being self-reliant freedom and independence from big government? That’s America you don’t like it move out
Self relient my ass...you mf's are the first in line after hurricanes, mass shootings and disability payment....fuck off

Instead of worrying about the markets, this fuckin economy, why not shut the country down for a few weeks, ask industry across the board to forgo payments for a few weeks and lets focus on this pandemic and putting money in ppls pockets so that they can afford the gauging that is going on across the country with products...everything is high as hell and ppl are struggling to eat. People and this pandemic should be priority number one!!

You seem to think that business and industry is rich or something. So when all those people with money in their pockets are ready to go back to work, and the businesses have gone belly up, where the hell are they going to find a job?

Thank God people like yourself aren't running the country. We'd truly be screwed worse than we are now. If Hillary had won, we would be undergoing the worst clusterfuck this country has ever seen, as if it's not bad enough now.

There's a reason GOD IS focused on the eldery and white Trump followers, you red GOP states ......its cleansing time...trust me, you are going somewhere....keep ignoring the guidelines, keep believing Trump. Its not until you sorry mf's are wiped off the planet, that we all will have a chance to live freely on this planet.

You're mentally unstable.

We will be in your face, forever. We are not going anywhere. God is on our side, not the side of your hate filled heart.

It’s only happing in blue towns lol ahah

Max's Boots got covered with mud with all this raining over cv-19. :rolleyes:

That's what it's like to serve a king rather than electing a public servant.

Only Dems or Libs refer to Trump as 'King' .
I think my fave is when I see a lib meltdown and they're yammering about kissing the King's ring.

Actually, it's hysterically funny that Dems/Libs have made Trump a 'King'.

I agree. You're hatred is grotesque. And you love your hatred so.

Damn nothing like being totally stupid. Look at the areas that have been hit hardest. They aren't GOP run. Look atNew York where they were told to go to work don't worry. Look at New Orleans, they held Marti Grae and where are they now?

It`s to the point that Trump cannot be defended so losers want to talk about Venezuela. Pathetic isn`t it?

• Thanks

Forum List

Back