~Ambien (sleeping aid)~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Anyone heard of the sleeping pill Ambien??
Ever taken it??
Does it work??...side effects??

I don't sleep well......so now my doctor has given me a prescription for Ambien........guess we'll see~

I used to be a light sleeper too. Then I changed my diet and now I sleep all night and wake up in the morning ready to go.

But go ahead and put a bandaid with side effects on it instead, It's your life.

Ambien Side Effects | Drugs.com
COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Ambien:
Diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness (including daytime drowsiness); "drugged" feeling; dry mouth; headache; nausea; nose or throat irritation; sluggishness; stomach upset; weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Ambien:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the hands, legs, mouth, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; throat closing; unusual hoarseness); abnormal thinking; behavior changes; chest pain; confusion; decreased coordination; difficulty swallowing or breathing; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory problems (eg, memory loss); mental or mood changes (eg, aggression, agitation, anxiety); new or worsening depression; severe dizziness; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or actions; vision changes.​

I used to be a light sleeper too. Then I changed my diet and now I sleep all night and wake up in the morning ready to go.

But go ahead and put a bandaid with side effects on it instead, It's your life.

Ambien Side Effects | Drugs.com
COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Ambien:
Diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness (including daytime drowsiness); "drugged" feeling; dry mouth; headache; nausea; nose or throat irritation; sluggishness; stomach upset; weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Ambien:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the hands, legs, mouth, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; throat closing; unusual hoarseness); abnormal thinking; behavior changes; chest pain; confusion; decreased coordination; difficulty swallowing or breathing; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory problems (eg, memory loss); mental or mood changes (eg, aggression, agitation, anxiety); new or worsening depression; severe dizziness; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or actions; vision changes.​

My diet is fine....thanks.
And I rather trust my doctor to give me something that may help.....if it doesn't, then I shall not take it.
I was just curious if anyone has ever taken it.

Benadryl does not work as well.

but after a while the Ambian does not work as well. You build up a tolerance to it.

I started taking the regular ambien...and switched to ambien CR (controlled release). I only use them once a week or less. I do get a good nights sleep but i also "pay" for it by not sleeping at all the following night. I prefer the CR as it keeps me asleep.

Ive never experienced any of the side effects.

My diet is fine....thanks.
And I rather trust my doctor to give me something that may help.....if it doesn't, then I shall not take it.
I was just curious if anyone has ever taken it.
Doctors are trained to push whatever the Pharmacy companies want them to push. I know, my Dad's a Doctor. Well, a DDS (since 1965) but he knows the score.

The reason it's a prescription drug is because it is dangerous or addictive. Mood or behavior altering drugs have been found to cause horrific birth defects when used by pregnant women. I guess it's up to the justice dept. to determine if the typical side effect "thoughts of suicide" can also be "thoughts of murder".

The reason it's a prescription drug is because it is dangerous or addictive. Mood or behavior altering drugs have been found to cause horrific birth defects when used by pregnant women. I guess it's up to the justice dept. to determine if the typical side effect "thoughts of suicide" can also be "thoughts of murder".

Oh good grief.

It works for some, not all. Tends to cause confusion in older folks (in my experience).

As with any drug it can become addictive. I use pain medication for my back occasionally but only when I really need it and then I only use a half dose.

Sleep drugs do work but you pay a price the next day.

Welll no chance of me ever becoming pregnant...so I'm good there :lol:

Oh good grief.

It works for some, not all. Tends to cause confusion in older folks (in my experience).

I guess it's the union based education system in the US for the last fifty years that causes people to think they are engaging in a discussion or posing an argument when they say "oh good grief".

I was leery at first, so I started with a 1/2 pill.

I think it's great.
I only take it 2-3 times a week, but I wake fully rested without the grogginess of other shit.

No side efecccccccccttttttttsssssssss.......... :D

:cool:

I'm amazed that people accept a prescription by a doctor who probably gets a kickback from the pharma company and hasn't got a clue about the cause and effect of the alleged illness he is prescribing. I'm amazed that Americans are so conditioned to believe in better living through drugs that they would even risk taking psychotropic junk for minor ailments. The stuff is dangerous. They cause genetic mutation and God knows what. Quit the drugs unless you need them for terminal illness.

Ever taken it??

I don't sleep well......so now my doctor has given me a prescription for Ambien........guess we'll see~

After my divorce, I couldn't sleep at all..so I got a prescription for it. It worked fine in the beginning..you really don't notice it. But over the long term it gets weird.

It's definitely not a long term solution..but it's fine for a couple of weeks.

Make sure to use it exactly as directed and do not drink with it.

Ever taken it??

After my divorce, I couldn't sleep at all..so I got a prescription for it. It worked fine in the beginning..you really don't notice it. But over the long term it gets weird.

It's definitely not a long term solution..but it's fine for a couple of weeks.

Make sure to use it exactly as directed and do not drink with it.

I too have had the same effect from women.

Last edited:
I'm amazed that people accept a prescription by a doctor who probably gets a kickback from the pharma company and hasn't got a clue about the cause and effect of the alleged illness he is prescribing. I'm amazed that Americans are so conditioned to believe in better living through drugs that they would even risk taking psychotropic junk for minor ailments. The stuff is dangerous. They cause genetic mutation and God knows what. Quit the drugs unless you need them for terminal illness.

You're ruining my high, man.

:cool:

Forum List

Back