Amazon turns off solar arrays

Amazon blamed third-party partners and vendors for the most significant problems uncovered by CEA and other teams working on facilities and sustainability initiatives.

“Over the past five years, solar malfunctions have been caused by improper installation techniques, improper commissioning of a new system, inadequate system maintenance and equipment malfunction,” the documents said.

Corners were probably cut, nothing new to see here.

Walmart had the same problem with roof top solar.

Solar is simply to weak to supply power to a commercial business. The current draw, the load, is enough to burn those panels up.

LOLOL Now who could have predicted that???

Given that this is a problem unique to Amazon, I would say - No One.

Who could have predicted that Amazon would have purchased cheap and defective solar panels which catch fire in the sun???? It's not happening anywhere else or to any other company.

Disadvantages of Solar Energy
  • Cost. The initial cost of purchasing a solar system is fairly high. ...
  • Weather-Dependent. Although solar energy can still be collected during cloudy and rainy days, the efficiency of the solar system drops. ...
  • Solar Energy Storage Is Expensive. ...
  • Uses a Lot of Space. ...
  • Associated with Pollution.

Walmart had the same problem with roof top solar.

Solar is simply to weak to supply power to a commercial business. The current draw, the load, is enough to burn those panels up.

You say "too weak" and yet Amazon is fully powering 176 facilities the same way. The CEA cited improper installation and maintenance with causing the fire, and 259 major findings across their whole network of solar rooftop facilities, per the earlier article I posted.

You say "too weak" and yet Amazon is fully powering 176 facilities the same way. The CEA cited improper installation and maintenance with causing the fire, and 259 major findings across their whole network of solar rooftop facilities, per the earlier article I posted.
Nothing states Amazon is fully powering their facilities with solar.

From your article:

Many will be able to reap financial rewards for renewable energy efforts after Congress in August passed the Inflation Reduction Act

Add that to the othe subsidies, i have another question.

Why are we subsidizing billionaires? Whay are we giving tax money to billionaires.

Because without tax dollars, nobody buys solar, it is too weak, which is why it is thee most expensive.

Forum List

Back