Amazon Contractors

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Heads up when encountering them in traffic. Sounds like they are hiring immigrant owner op drivers who buy some piece of shit truck and hit the road. Guy at work whose dad gives driving tests in our state was told he couldnt fail Somalis......

I remember one night when I was driving OTR I had just finished my dinner at a truck stop outside of Seattle. I came to my truck and watched this driver, obviously a newbie, trying to back into the space next to me. He was driving a company truck from a major carrier known for having an training program. I watched as he made 4 or 5 attempts to back into that space, hoping he wouldn't run into my truck. Finally he stopped his truck, climbed out and I could see how frustrated he was. He said it was his first solo run after six weeks of school and he had been driving all day, hadn't eaten and had to piss so bad he could taste it.
Being the kind hearted soul that I am I offered to park his truck for him for twenty bucks. Man, he jumped on that and put the money in my hand almost before the words were out of my mouth. I jumped in his truck and backed it into the space, set the brakes and climbed out. He thanked me over and over, and told me how it was sure worth the twenty bucks. I replied, "well I usually charge fifty, but I noticed right away you don't have a trailer...."

I remember one night when I was driving OTR I had just finished my dinner at a truck stop outside of Seattle. I came to my truck and watched this driver, obviously a newbie, trying to back into the space next to me. He was driving a company truck from a major carrier known for having an training program. I watched as he made 4 or 5 attempts to back into that space, hoping he wouldn't run into my truck. Finally he stopped his truck, climbed out and I could see how frustrated he was. He said it was his first solo run after six weeks of school and he had been driving all day, hadn't eaten and had to piss so bad he could taste it.
Being the kind hearted soul that I am I offered to park his truck for him for twenty bucks. Man, he jumped on that and put the money in my hand almost before the words were out of my mouth. I jumped in his truck and backed it into the space, set the brakes and climbed out. He thanked me over and over, and told me how it was sure worth the twenty bucks. I replied, "well I usually charge fifty, but I noticed right away you don't have a trailer...."
Come on man....

Drive thru any industrial park you'll find most of the bollards to keep drivers off the grass and on the pavement have been flattened

Come on man....
Backing is one of their big probs as you umm illustrated.....bout a yr ago I was at my last stop, US Foods, restaurant supply side, was a roadie backing in with a local waiting on him. Guy had a brand new conventional and nice trailer. Asked the local how long he had been there,,,,,bout 15 minutes he said. Was a strait shot into the dock no obstacles. I watched for 5 more minutes and went and stood in front of him and motioned which way to turn the wheel. Guy got out and was thanking me profusely. Told em not a prob. When I finally hit the door and went inside someone from the back of the warehouse came up and thanked me for doing that. Roadie had been at it for an hour. Dont know if he owned the rig or was driving someone elses.

Heads up when encountering them in traffic. Sounds like they are hiring immigrant owner op drivers who buy some piece of shit truck and hit the road. Guy at work whose dad gives driving tests in our state was told he couldnt fail Somalis......
Are they easy to identify visually? Do they necessarily have Amazon emblems on their vehicles? A couple of days ago, I got hit in a parking lot by a highly pigmented person with negligible English speaking skills. He was backing very fast out of the space next to the one I was pulling into. I'll ask my insurance claims rep if he can find out. My car is going to require a lot of body work.

Glad I'm in the home stretch. 4 yrs, maybe five and out. During our last company meeting the manager mad an interesting statement along the lines of they wanted fewer cowboy drivers and more tech oriented ones. When asked what that meant they wouldn't elaborate.
Anybody want to venture a quess?

Forum List

Back