Am I sad to enjoy the old Three Stooges reruns over todays comedy shows?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So I've surely seen the majority of them when I was a kid, but they return me to a simpler time where comedy was short and witty. I'd watch what were even then ancient episodes of the Three Stooges as a kid, usually on Saturday mornings around 5 am or so when they'd start a marathon before the cartoons came on, but today I still find them funny. I know it's sometimes corny and simple but it works

Any of you watch old black and white shows without shame? They would also play the Marx Brothers, Little Rascals, Abbott and Costello etc, but The Three Stooges were my fave of this lot by far.

Last edited:
So I've surely seen the majority of them when I was a kid, but they return me to a simpler time where comedy was short and witty. I'd watch what were even then ancient episodes of the Three Stooges as a kid, usually on Saturday mornings around 5 am or so when they'd start a marathon before the cartoons came on, but today I still find them funny. Even as I know it's sometimes corny and simple, it works.

Any of you watch old black and white shows without shame? They would also play the Marx Brothers, Little Rascals, Abbott and Costello etc, but The Three Stooges were my fave of this lot by far.
Three Stooges are great, even funnier when you have had a few drinks

So I've surely seen the majority of them when I was a kid, but they return me to a simpler time where comedy was short and witty. I'd watch what were even then ancient episodes of the Three Stooges as a kid, usually on Saturday mornings around 5 am or so when they'd start a marathon before the cartoons came on, but today I still find them funny. Even as I know it's sometimes corny and simple, it works.

The stooges are alive and well occupying the White House.

The Biden Administration isn't enough comedy for you?

US4CC.meme.Biden_Oval_Office - imperfect_Constitution.png

Stooges were garbage.

So I've surely seen the majority of them when I was a kid, but they return me to a simpler time where comedy was short and witty. I'd watch what were even then ancient episodes of the Three Stooges as a kid, usually on Saturday mornings around 5 am or so when they'd start a marathon before the cartoons came on, but today I still find them funny. I know it's sometimes corny and simple but it works

I haven't watched any TV in a long time, but the last time I did, the big hits were all about family dysfunction. That's not funny.

I don't blame anyone who prefers the shows of yesterday compared to what is on TV these days. Out of what is still in production right now, the only thing that I watch is Blue Bloods and Young Sheldon and the time setting for Young Sheldon is the early 1990s. My most favorite thing to watch these days are the Sesame Street clips at You Tube that include the late beautiful precious masterpiece of a gentleman who gave us David. Northern Calloway is his name and I miss him so very much.

Northern_Calloway.jpg

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever love him)

Forum List

Back