All things considered:

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Anyone remember that brilliant program on NPR? And Terri Gross interviews? "Wait wait, don't tell me" When did liberals STOP being independent and lose their souls?

• Banned
I stopped listening to NPR like I stopped taking most of the legacy media seriously, they became shills for China or Sorros. "All things considered" my sweet bippy.

NPR used to be the voice of all of us. Wait wait! Click and Clack the car talk guys...Gone is Garrison Keillor the heart of the Prairie home companion.
Garrison Keillor got politically corrected for something to do with a contributing writer and the show has never been the same or as good. Click an Clack retired, as most of us strive to to do, and regretably Tom passed away at the age of 77. Wait, Wait, Don't tell me is still on, as far as I know. Terry Gross is still doing good work and probing, interesting interviews.
I don't listen as often to NPR as I used, unless traveling, but still contribute to NPR and my local radio station WKNO out of Memphis.

• Banned
Garrison Keillor got politically corrected for something to do with a contributing writer and the show has never been the same or as good. Click an Clack retired, as most of us strive to to do, and regretably Tom passed away at the age of 77. Wait, Wait, Don't tell me is still on, as far as I know. Terry Gross is still doing good work and probing, interesting interviews.
I don't listen as often to NPR as I used, unless traveling, but still contribute to NPR and my local radio station WKNO out of Memphis.
Garrison Keillor and Charlie Rose where "corrected"? Really? Says WHOM? What is the difference between censorship and what ever THIS is?

Last edited:
Garrison Keillor and Pete Rose where "corrected"? Really? Says WHOM?
I heard about Keillor at the time, he left the show, though do not know who the writer was. I read on Wikipedia a bit of it. I understand they have reached some kind of settlement, and he is doing his writer's corner thing from his own website.
I have no info on Mr. Baseball. He probably got screwed.

I heard about Keillor at the time, he left the show, though do not know who the writer was. I read on Wikipedia a bit of it. I understand they have reached some kind of settlement, and he is doing his writer's corner thing from his own website.
I have no info on Mr. Baseball. He probably got screwed.
No. Keillor was forced out. Like Rosanne Barr got tossed off her own program. People in glass houses love to cast aspersions.

No. Keillor was forced out. Like Rosanne Barr got tossed off her own program. People in glass houses love to cast aspersions.
Keillor was definitely forced out. There was apparently a lawsuit or the threat of a lawsuit, and a settlement was reached, but I have no idea beyond that.
On Pete, I understand about gambling on his team, don't think for a second he did anything wrong, and there was never any evidence he bet against his team, but yes, he was made an example of, and forced out, and I doubt any settlement to him was broached or extended. I think he should be in the MLB Hall of Fame, just as he is already in the Reds Hall of Fame.

Anyone remember that brilliant program on NPR? And Terri Gross interviews? "Wait wait, don't tell me" When did liberals STOP being independent and lose their souls?
Those shows are still on and I listen regularly. I haven't noticed they have changed, maybe it is you that has changed?

Forum List

Back