All the movies you must see

OIP.jpeg
The Roaring Twenties (1939)

I am drawing these randomly out of about 50-60 cards, and they're lining up no matter how much I shuffle and cut. Kind of feels pre-determined or maybe free will doesn't exist.

R.jpeg

You know, I havent seen this movie since 2002 or 2003 and first time I saw it it was a new release on VHS and let me tell you what, EVERYBODY WATCHING WAS ROFL ALMOST AL THE WAY THRU.

Yeah, best group movie experience ever, my young parents partying hard, If ever was a great memory those days with the tiki torches ok on the lawn and my underage ass sneaky drinks and smoking pot, man good times this brought my memory back into focus.

Since then, I have actually seen Mike Myers in person twice, but I suspect hes seen me more. I also deeply insulted seth in front of a grocery store by insuating that he give me head right there right now. Why he didnt put em up and duke it out with me and instead walked away red faced will always puzzle me. I apologize. You are a career actor I was lowly scum excuse me for the offense.

Nowadays these canukks are powwing us hard and taking what they can from us and now Im sitting here remembering these memories and how funny Myers was I was just a kid and I say, man, what happened... I didnt even know hes a cannik back then but now I am about to watch this with a different perspective than when I was that stupid kid and hoping man I hope its still funny and man will tgese cannuvks take us to war or is this like strep throte mite go away just a bad dream.

So I present to you, the funniest movie that ever made us laugh so hard in my childhood, drawn randomly from my deck of ultra high tech cards,

il_794xN.3656497375_83d5.jpg

Austin Powers
International Man Of Mystery

(1997)

This movie won Oscars? Really? I could barely watch it. If it werent for the familiar faces I wouldn't have. The affair between the younger woman and older man was something to skip through, who wants to see that? The story sucked, not much there except for someone like me, looking into the past on film like this is something of a treat. There were some nice camera shots like when Duvall stands near his office window or the bar scene with the red lanterns behind Holden. I guess the lead Finch died before getting his Oscar for this role, and seriously I dont see anything that great about this movie, it took everything I had to sit through it. 4/10

A lot of yelling throughout this movie, every character rants. Wins best shot of an old mans face, kitchen scene.

I am ending the year with my own pick.

OIP.jpeg
Misssion: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)

This movie won Oscars? Really? I could barely watch it. If it werent for the familiar faces I wouldn't have. The affair between the younger woman and older man was something to skip through, who wants to see that? The story sucked, not much there except for someone like me, looking into the past on film like this is something of a treat. There were some nice camera shots like when Duvall stands near his office window or the bar scene with the red lanterns behind Holden. I guess the lead Finch died before getting his Oscar for this role, and seriously I dont see anything that great about this movie, it took everything I had to sit through it. 4/10
I don't think it's a bad movie nor an exceptional good movie. It is a well-acted, intelligent film with a good script that tries for too much, that attacks not only television but also most all of the other ills of the 1970s. The story itself is just not that interesting today.

I think the movie was much better received in 70's primarily because in the 1970s, faith in all institutions began to decline and that certainly included the media. Prior to 70's, TV was believed by the public to be the ultimate source of truth. If it was on the evening news, it had to be true. With Viet Nam, Watergate, crime, treatment of gays, and the way TV treated these very divisive issues, the public for first time became disenthralled with the media, government, politics, education and religion. So when Howard screamed “I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!,” it become a kind of national mantra.

I don't think it's a bad movie nor an exceptional good movie. It is a well-acted, intelligent film with a good script that tries for too much, that attacks not only television but also most all of the other ills of the 1970s. The story itself is just not that interesting today.

I think the movie was much better received in 70's primarily because in the 1970s, faith in all institutions began to decline and that certainly included the media. Prior to 70's, TV was believed by the public to be the ultimate source of truth. If it was on the evening news, it had to be true. With Viet Nam, Watergate, crime, treatment of gays, and the way TV treated these very divisive issues, the public for first time became disenthralled with the media, government, politics, education and religion. So when Howard screamed “I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!,” it become a kind of national mantra.
Well, I sort of figured it was something like that along those lines, but personally, I dont think the story and script is that great, the plot and concept yes. You had to be there to appreciate what the film was projecting, in the moment. It isnt a terrible movie, has some good points, but I still dont see an Oscar here. Reminds me of sort of you know, we already made it now lets celebrate sort of thing. I cant find the words right now but you know.

What was the competition for Oscars that year? There are many lousy years for movies, so a few mediocre ones will get through and win. Others win just because they are 'politically correct' in a town where shallow appearances and fake morals are market friendly PR. Most of Warren Beatty's movies come to mind as well.

Well, I sort of figured it was something like that along those lines, but personally, I dont think the story and script is that great, the plot and concept yes. You had to be there to appreciate what the film was projecting, in the moment. It isnt a terrible movie, has some good points, but I still dont see an Oscar here. Reminds me of sort of you know, we already made it now let’s celebrate sort of thing. I cant find the words right now but you know.
Dunaway and Finch won Oscars for best actress and best actor but not best picture.

Forum List

Back