All the House GOP and the President - what an unfair advantage!!!

I feel like I must've saw a different event than what our resident libs witnessed. What I saw was a guy who was utterly condescending in his manner, arrogant, and evasive. By the last question, he was so visibly angry, the tip of his nose was turning red. :eek:

This guy thinks he's King. He treated our ELECTED representatives with the disrespect of one who believes he has authority when in actuality he has none. The legislative branch is not his to chastise, just as night before last, the judicial branch was not his to chastise.

Barack Obama has no history of real bipartisanship. Even during his short stint as a U.S. Senator the only bipartisan effort he made was on nuclear proliferation, not exactly a monumentally divisive subject. :rolleyes:

His lip service to bipartisanship is just that... unless and until it's supported by REAL ACTION. And while I hate to be a wet blanket for people who are celebrating the fact that Obama didn't trip over his own tongue off-prompter as he usually does... he's no winner. The "Party of No Ideas" meme died today. The denial that Republicans have presented ideas won't fly anymore. It's been exposed for the lie it was.

Further, HE is not the one who gets to decide if those ideas have merit or not. That's for the legislative branch to DEBATE. His arrogance and impertinence at making pronouncements from upon high regarding what will work and is therefore worthy of debate and what will not is exposed.

I feel like I must've saw a different event than what our resident libs witnessed. What I saw was a guy who was utterly condescending in his manner, arrogant, and evasive. By the last question, he was so visibly angry, the tip of his nose was turning red. :eek:

This guy thinks he's King. He treated our ELECTED representatives with the disrespect of one who believes he has authority when in actuality he has none. The legislative branch is not his to chastise, just as night before last, the judicial branch was not his to chastise.

Barack Obama has no history of real bipartisanship. Even during his short stint as a U.S. Senator the only bipartisan effort he made was on nuclear proliferation, not exactly a monumentally divisive subject. :rolleyes:

His lip service to bipartisanship is just that... unless and until it's supported by REAL ACTION. And while I hate to be a wet blanket for people who are celebrating the fact that Obama didn't trip over his own tongue off-prompter as he usually does... he's no winner. The "Party of No Ideas" meme died today. The denial that Republicans have presented ideas won't fly anymore. It's been exposed for the lie it was.

Further, HE is not the one who gets to decide if those ideas have merit or not. That's for the legislative branch to DEBATE. His arrogance and impertinence at making pronouncements from upon high regarding what will work and is therefore worthy of debate and what will not is exposed.

Well, I saw a guy give some good answers to questions that were fielded to him and then come right back and point out what a bunch of hypocrites they are for reflexively going against measures he pushes that they themselves supported in the past. I also saw him rightly point out how hypocritical it was for them bash his stimulus package and then celebrate the fruits of it in their home states.

And again, he didn't need a teleprompter to do it, either.

Last edited:
I feel like I must've saw a different event than what our resident libs witnessed.

I'm guessing, btw, that FOX saw the same event us Libs did, since they didn't stay with it very long. Had to be pretty painful, I'm guessing.

:D

Well, I saw a guy give some good answers to questions that were fielded to him and then come right back and point out what a bunch of hypocrites they are for reflexively going against measures he pushes that they themselves supported in the past. I also saw him rightly point out how hypocritical it was for them bash his stimulus package and then celebrate the fruits of it in their home states.

The guy had to more or less admit that he's been LYING all this time when he's publicly claimed that Republicans have no ideas. Even in the SOTU, he pretended to have no knowledge of them, with his snarky comment of, 'IF anyone has any ideas, bring them to me.'

He knew damn well they had plans. :evil:
Hell, they were waiving them at him during his last address to Congress.

I don't know about you, but where I come from... if you're having a day when you've had to 'fess up to being a bald-faced LIAR, it's not a "win".

The guy had to more or less admit that he's been LYING all this time when he's publicly claimed that Republicans have no ideas. Even in the SOTU, he pretended to have no knowledge of them, with his snarky comment of, 'IF anyone has any ideas, bring them to me.'

I don't know about you, but where I come from... if you're having a day when you've had to 'fess up to being a bald-faced LIAR, it's not a "win".

What are you talking about, everyone knows Repuplicans don't have ideas. Obama said if their ideas have substance, he'll consider them. He wasn't saying anything about them contributing anything ever.

What are you talking about, everyone knows Repuplicans don't have ideas. Obama said if their ideas have substance, he'll consider them. He wasn't saying anything about them contributing anything ever.

He is NOT a King, Sarah. He doesn't get to dictate which ideas are worthy of debate and which are not. It's an INSULT to the legislative branch, of which he was recently a member, to treat our duly elected representatives in so condescending a manner.

He is NOT a King, Sarah. He doesn't get to dictate which ideas are worthy of debate and which are not. It's an INSULT to the legislative branch, of which he was recently a member, to treat our duly elected representatives in so condescending a manner.

If Republicans don't get everything they want, they shut down. How childish is that? He isn't a king but he sure looked like a great leader today. Obama isn't there to stroke fragile egos. The Republicans are not engaged.

They need to work not just sit on their butts saying no.

I think by "plans" he meant other than the same boiled-over horseshit from the GW era.

Anyway, it's understandable you choose not see it as a beatdown, but apparently not only FOX, but the GOP participants themselves seem to think it was.

Now I wish he'd do the same thing with the GOP Senators. 'Twould be nice to see him ask Sen. DeMint directly about that "waterloo" thing and why he keeps holding up his appointments.

If Republicans don't get everything they want, they shut down. How childish is that? He isn't a king but he sure looked like a great leader today. Obama isn't there to stroke fragile egos. The Republicans are not engaged.

It's on CSPAN again right now. Maybe you should watch again. I think it's obvious that you missed some things the first time through. Obama was just now so condescending toward Mike Pence, a U.S. Congressman :eek:, that it's a wonderment he didn't pat him on the head like a dog.

It's on CSPAN again right now. Maybe you should watch again. I think it's obvious that you missed some things the first time through. Obama was just now so condescending toward Mike Pence, a U.S. Congressman :eek:, that it's a wonderment he didn't pat him on the head like a dog.

Well, like was said before, if the GOP members and FOX saw it the same way you apparently are, they wouldn't have been embarassed by it. The President is just rightly - and I stress, rightly - pointing out their own hypocrisy in how they've been behaving since he took office.

I saw a little of the event and saw the same arrogant, condescending and evasive jackass that you did. He'll figure out in November that he was not annointed king. I can't wait.

I think by "plans" he meant other than the same boiled-over horseshit from the GW era.

Anyway, it's understandable you choose not see it as a beatdown, but apparently not only FOX, but the GOP participants themselves seem to think it was.

Again... Barack Obama doesn't get to command the legislative branch and choose what legislation should be up for debate. What part of THREE SEPARATE BRANCHES is so difficult to understand?

And as far as "beatdowns" go... let's see what happens in the long term. I can see the ads now, with Obama repeatedly lying about the existence of Republican healthcare plans, right up to just two measly days ago, and his current admission that he's seen those plans.

It's not surprising that liberals would perceive a "beatdown". But there's a reason why people say "you're drinking the kool-aid". It's because of the zombie-like acceptance of ANY behavior, no matter how obnoxious, that Obama engages in. He lies to our faces. You applaud. He doubles-down on everything you said you hated about G.W. Bush, you deny it. He treats our elected representative with arrogant disdain, subverts their function, and you call it a "beatdown", like you won something. :rolleyes:

I saw a little of the event and saw the same arrogant, condescending and evasive jackass that you did. He'll figure out in November that he was not annointed king. I can't wait.

Damn, you just can't take it that he can hold his own in a debate without a teleprompter, can you?

:lol:

let's see what happens in the long term. I can see the ads now, with Obama repeatedly lying about the existence of Republican healthcare plans, right up to just two measly days ago, and his current admission that he's seen those plans.

"repeatedl lying about the existence of Republican healthcare plans"?

How often?

Again... Barack Obama doesn't get to command the legislative branch and choose what legislation should be up for debate. What part of THREE SEPARATE BRANCHES is so difficult to understand?

And as far as "beatdowns" go... let's see what happens in the long term. I can see the ads now, with Obama repeatedly lying about the existence of Republican healthcare plans, right up to just two measly days ago, and his current admission that he's seen those plans.

It's not surprising that liberals would perceive a "beatdown". But there's a reason why people say "you're drinking the kool-aid". It's because of the zombie-like acceptance of ANY behavior, no matter how obnoxious, that Obama engages in. He lies to our faces. You applaud. He doubles-down on everything you said you hated about G.W. Bush, you deny it. He treats our elected representative with arrogant disdain, subverts their function, and you call it a "beatdown", like you won something. :rolleyes:

And yet they feign surprise that the Republicans aren't rolling out in droves to support the Obama administration. They exude pride that the POTUS acts like a Chigago schoolyard thug. Republicans are not going to work with the schoolyard bully, ESPECIALLY when his reputation as a liar is growing at an exponential pace.

It's repeated on CSPAN right now. You've just missed his preachy lecture to Marsha Blackburn. I hope she finds time later to spit in his eye. He deserves her condemnation for the snotty way he spoke to her. "Bolsheviks" for crissakes. Can you believe it? :evil:

And yet they feign surprise that the Republicans aren't rolling out in droves to support the Obama administration. They exude pride that the POTUS acts like a Chigago schoolyard thug. Republicans are not going to work with the schoolyard bully, ESPECIALLY when his reputation as a liar is growing at an exponential pace.

Oh well, guess FOX shoulda kept going with it, huh?:lol:

Damn, you just can't take it that he can hold his own in a debate without a teleprompter, can you?
:lol:

Good grief, man. Is that what has your panties all wet?... that he managed not to use the teleprompter?

Hell, why didn't you say so? Go ahead and give yourselves a solid pat on the back. :lol:

Forum List

Back