Algore would have invaded Iraq

SO???
dan rather was sure his documents were real too

The man saying it was head of the CIA for eruope you dillhole.

The revelation, by the CIA's former European chief Tyler Drumheller, was broadcast on CBS's news magazine Sixty Minutes last night and added to the body of evidence that US and British leaders saw the weapons of mass destruction issue only as a selling point for a war they had already decided to wage for other reasons.

According to Mr Drumheller, Western intelligence services were told about Iraq's lack of chemical and biological weapons by Naji Sabri, a former Iraqi foreign minister. The CIA director of the time, George Tenet, took this information straight to President George Bush, Vice-President Dick Cheney and other senior officials, but it made no impression on them.

Last edited:
why are those the only choices?

Because your writer is an partisan hack who based this shit on lies.

There were no WMDs or AQ contacts with Sadam and the intell people have stated that.
I am the writer.

What other choice?

You either keep the UN sanctions in place and continue to allow Iraqis to die of starvation and a lack of medicine and health care, or you lift the sanctions and allow Saddam to market his oil on the open market. Either way you are going to allow Saddam to run the country as he sees fit, including mass murdering his people, building his military, and rebuilding his WMD stockpiles, reopening his nuclear program, again training, harboring and financing terrorist groups.

I am the writer.

What other choice?

You either keep the UN sanctions in place and continue to allow Iraqis to die of starvation and a lack of medicine and health care, or you lift the sanctions and allow Saddam to market his oil on the open market. Either way you are going to allow Saddam to run the country as he sees fit, including mass murdering his people, building his military, and rebuilding his WMD stockpiles, reopening his nuclear program, again training, harboring and financing terrorist groups.
and the sanctions were due to expire and Saddam had already bought off the french and Russians to oppose continuing them

and the sanctions were due to expire and Saddam had already bought off the french and Russians to oppose continuing them
By 2003 between one and two million Iraqis are estimated to have died (mostly children) because of the sanctions that had kept food, medicine and healthcare from the Iraqi people. And that is on top of Saddam's mass murdering ways which would add a few more hundred thousand to that list. So the question is whether those who opposed the invasion were willing to allow those death counts to continue, or allow Saddam to sell his oil on the open market and also allow him to buy whatever military, WMD and terrorism related products he wished, and also allow him to harbor, support and train terrorism groups.

Uhh, some of you need to get a clue.. The intel was cherry picked to make the case fot the Iraq war, just like a defense attorney makes the case for a client. The White House ignored overwhelming intelligence that proved no connections between Al Qaeda and Saddam, or Iraq having WMD's.

Since you lack the ability to understand how policy is created let me give you a brief description. The advisors analyze intelligence debate on it then devise a policy from the findings. The Iraq war was done the other way around, the policy was fine tuned and created, the intelligence was then wrapped around the policy. The admin was warned time and time again that the information was not credible and could not be verified. The FBI and CIA looked back into 10 years and over 70,000 pages of intelligence to try and find the connections. THERE WERE NONE!!

So Rumsfeld created his own intelligence wing within the pentagon who drafted a report countering the findings of CIA and FBI. Cheney and Rumsfeld were the too greatest advocates for the Iraq war(I cannot picture either of them in a Gore admin). Powell and Armitage of the state dept were initially against it.

Iraq did not have stockpiles of WMD's.

Iraq did not have an active nuclear program.

Saddam did not have links to Al Qaeda or Bin laden.

Look at the original intelligence memos from the NIE, the highest level intel report generated. It clearly states that they believe Iraq does not have stockpiles of wmd's nor active wmd programs. It also debunks the mythical connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda. Then look at the filtered intel reports generated later by Rumsfelds newly created intel wing. It makes the case of wmd's using intel from sources already proven to be alcoholic fabricators. But hey I guess some of you value the word of an Iraqi exiles alcoholic brother in law over our own federal intelligence agencies. :cuckoo:

Uhh, some of you need to get a clue.. The intel was cherry picked to make the case fot the Iraq war, just like a defense attorney makes the case for a client. The White House ignored overwhelming intelligence that proved no connections between Al Qaeda and Saddam, or Iraq having WMD's.

Since you lack the ability to understand how policy is created let me give you a brief description. The advisors analyze intelligence debate on it then devise a policy from the findings. The Iraq war was done the other way around, the policy was fine tuned and created, the intelligence was then wrapped around the policy. The admin was warned time and time again that the information was not credible and could not be verified. The FBI and CIA looked back into 10 years and over 70,000 pages of intelligence to try and find the connections. THERE WERE NONE!!

So Rumsfeld created his own intelligence wing within the pentagon who drafted a report countering the findings of CIA and FBI. Cheney and Rumsfeld were the too greatest advocates for the Iraq war(I cannot picture either of them in a Gore admin). Powell and Armitage of the state dept were initially against it.

Iraq did not have stockpiles of WMD's.

Iraq did not have an active nuclear program.

Saddam did not have links to Al Qaeda or Bin laden.

Look at the original intelligence memos from the NIE, the highest level intel report generated. It clearly states that they believe Iraq does not have stockpiles of wmd's nor active wmd programs. It also debunks the mythical connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda. Then look at the filtered intel reports generated later by Rumsfelds newly created intel wing. It makes the case of wmd's using intel from sources already proven to be alcoholic fabricators. But hey I guess some of you value the word of an Iraqi exiles alcoholic brother in law over our own federal intelligence agencies. :cuckoo:
Another one who does not get it. Sigh...

The issue is that there were consequences to not invading Iraq. Saddam had mass murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and the UN sanctions had caused between one million and two million additional deaths. There were two choices:

1. Renew the sanctions and attempt to fix the Oil for Food Program that Saddam had completely corrupted, thus allowing Saddam to continue mass murdering hundreds of thousands more Iraqis, and allowing even more hundreds of thousands to die of starvation and lack of medicine and healthcare due to the sanctions.

or

2. Let the sanctions expire allowing Saddam to sell his oil on the open market and freely participate in the global market. This would then have allowed him to continue mass murdering his people, reconstitute his WMD programs, and again finance, harbor and train terrorism groups.

Either decision would have signaled that America and the UN were nothing more than paper tigers to rogue nations and terrorist groups around the world. Lybia would not have freely given up its nuclear program which was more mature than Iran's is now. N. Korea probably would not have given up its nuclear program. It is highly likely that in the near fututure Saddam's WMD's would end up in terrorism group's hands.

So if you would have advised Bush not to invade what would you have advised him to do?

Last edited:
You are delousional.

The inspections were working you factvoid.

The world is not black and white and NO Gore would not have invaded Iraq.

Your Team screwed the pooch.

Hell they screwed every pooch they could find.

You are delousional.

Dodge and weave. You are the best weasel I have ever seen... :clap2:

You are delousional.

again proving that truth and you are not even on the same planet

I didn't throw the Algore argument out the window - I just added to it. The Algore argument isn't my argument however, but that of the study's author.

one?
You posted the argument, and you argued for it which means you agree with the author's position.

Al Gore is thanking his lucky stars that he didn't become President. If he had, he wouldn't have won the Nobel Peace Prize nor would he have become a multi-millionaire with his Global Warming enterprise. And, of course, Bill Clinton is now worth $100 million. These guys know how to play the system.

Clark to the 9/11 Commission - he claimed he told Bush in regard to a plan about al Qaeda:
You have to be more specific than that . Clarke charged :
that before and during the 9/11 crisis, many in the administration were distracted from efforts against Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda organization by a pre-occupation with Iraq and Saddam Hussein. Clarke had written that on September 12, 2001, President Bush pulled him and a couple of aides aside and "testily" asked him to try to find evidence that Saddam Hussein was connected to the terrorist attacks. In response he wrote a report stating there was no evidence of Iraqi involvement and got it signed by all relevant agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the CIA.
That doesn't say they ignored him but they they were more distracted about Saddam than Bin Laden. Was Richard Clarke lying about this?
After initially denying that such meeting and request between the President and Clarke took place, the White House later reversed its denial when others present backed Clarke's version of the events.
So we see that the Whitehouse is again lying. As for the quote you provided,
"I think the overall point is, there was no plan on Al Qaeda that was passed from the Clinton administration to the Bush Administration."
This does not contradict his testimony. In fact the Republicans handed in the towel on this particular issue.
Conservatives inside and outside the Bush Administration vigorously attacked both Clarke's testimony and his tenure during the hearings. In the furor over Clarke's revelations before the 9/11 Commission, Senate Republican Majority Leader Bill Frist immediately took to the Senate floor to make a speech accusing Clarke of telling "two entirely different stories under oath", pointing to congressional hearing testimony Clarke gave in 2002, but Frist later admitted to reporters that he was unaware of any actual discrepancies in Clarke's testimony.
Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do applaud you for finally making an attempt to back up your argument surrounding Richard Clarke. I had only noticed it today.

Guess that's the last we'll hear from Tuatara...
Never count me out.

Forum List

Back